Feeling frustrated with DWF due to ppl lack of skills?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUODPS, Jun 12, 2016.

1. DCUODPS Active Player

I don't know about you but I've been feeling frustrated with players over DWF. IMO it seems like players in general are lacking real ingame skills and alot of it!. My frustration is strictly with players not the game the devs or even the raid but with players. They disband DWF left and right trying to get the perfect 1st boss duo, they lack attention to mechanics and surroundings, they are not willing to listen to tips or to engage in conversation for a better gaming experience. Oh and in elite... omg elite!!!! 1) Barely anyone wants to do it. 2) Many waiting for next dlc to even attempt it. My fav>>> 3) Some doing elite but only willing to do 1st boss (the easy duo only) rarely complete 2nd boss resetting every time just for gear they don't care about completion or feats. I wish I could encounter the players that like real challenge, that help each other be better, that get stuff done no matter how hard content is... any tips where they are found?
    • Like x 11
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yep. They run with lg or friends only. They dont touch lfg unless need a body
    • Like x 4
  3. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Well I definitely agree with you, there aren't a lot of competent and truly skilled players around, especially people who PUG consistently. I can tell you however that DWF is one of the harder raids to be released probably since Throne. So it isn't an "easy mode" raid for all skill-level players, so wipes are definitely going to happen more so than other raids. Plus DWF has a lot of uncontrollable mechanics that can cause wipes out of pure bad luck. Such as badly timed stomps from bosses, etc.

But DWF is definitely a struggle to PUG, lol. I feel bad for people that actually have to PUG this on a consistent basis, because I'm sure the success rate is super low.
    • Like x 4
  4. Domi Well-Known Player

Turth.
  5. anerman New Player

Your thread in on point I feel exactly the same way you do. As a 3 years old dcuo player currently at 168cr 268sp that know many high end players I am a true witness of your thread... I've seen so many players with 167+cr 240+sp having no clue how mechanics work, how to engage properly during dwf surroundings, disbanding for the "perfect 1st boss duo" and whom also cannot complete elite at all. I also seek those incredible players cause my list is quite short.
  6. anerman New Player

btw dcuodps hmu ingame (anerman) I'll help you out.
  7. Unida Dedicated Player

welcome to the era of casual gaming in DCUO.

its been here a while actually.

easy to get gear, easy to get carried, easy to miss 98% of role and instance mechanics, easy to post 'Nerf XXXXXXXX raid - too hard!', etc.

not that easy to admit you just aren't prepared for it.
    • Like x 6
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Excuse me, how do you expect these players to have skill, when they have been carried since day 1.
    • Like x 8
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

DWF isn't hard, it's just not puggable which can be a good or bad thing.
    • Like x 5
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Our league was 1 of those groups. Where we just wanted to do stuff for the challenge. But in the last 2 weeks ive been trying to form elite groups or feat runs but barely anyone in the league is online. There is like 5 or 6 of us that wanna do it but we cant seem to all be on at the same time. Its disappointing to me because the whole league used to say "we want harder content and feats." But now the majority are saying "ill wait til next episode." Idk when that change happened for people in my league. And im not a big fan of pugging dwf whether its normal or elite. So if league mates dont wanna do it it means i dont either. But my toon names are in my sig. If u do a run and need people pm me and if im not busy already ill come and run.
    • Like x 2
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It's possible to pug, I've pugged it before with good groups formed off LFG but you have to utilize things like wavedox. You really don't want to run with someone with under 100 SP because there's a high chance they won't know what to do.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Its so odd when u do a league run and u finish in like 24mins but then pug and its a total fail. Like someone said good players usually dont pug consistently. Its just so weird to see the gap in skill level when it comes to some groups. The strangest thing to me has always been the people who seem to have a blindfold on or are not looking at the screen at all. I say that because they have 0 awareness. They see absolutely nothing going on around them. For example i was in there yesterday and granny and darkseid were ranging the tank who had them. Only maybe 15 meters away. Somehow 1 person got between them and the tank, derp. Ofc they went down.

In raids that is 1 of the biggest no nos. Dont ever be in between the boss and the tank. Its a very simple well known raiding rule or mechanic or whatever ya wanna call it. I also had a guy a few days ago who was standing directly behind me, im the tank. It was 2nd room and we had harriet and we were bouncing her from 1 tank to the other. This guy decides to stand behind me and so close he could put his hand in my back pocket. He also did this during the darkseid fight and passed me the arrow twice and again i was the tank. Ive run across some really cool people who are willing to take advice and act on that advice and even thank u afterwards. But there are far more people who seem lost and if u try and tell them anything u get the typical "dont tell me how to play noob i been here since beta" response.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh ive had league mates who have done 22 or 24min pug runs so i for sure know its doable. But im like a bad player magnet. So i choose to rarely pug any alerts or raids these days.
    • Like x 2
  14. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Blame the devs for creating these players.
    • Like x 5
  15. Nu31 Well-Known Player

100% accurate. I only PUG for fun/if I am super super bored. You're so right about how people try to perceive criticism. For example, if I try to tell a healer not to use a cast time heal because they're too slow, I get excoriated to the max because i'm "elitist, a jerk, a nobody, a PVE bum", etc...

Granted I am super impatient with PUGs, I can be overly assertive way too quickly, but I mean... if you're in the hardest content in the game and literally have NO sense of how to play the game, I get annoyed. So I am definitely no model citizen in pug groups, so I agree with you wholeheartedly here.
    • Like x 3
  16. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

Maybe now people will wake up and see that this raid is to hard for the casual players. Not saying that everyone is casual but you have 7 other players in the group. This raid will not let you carry anyone, even just one player. So with many players having the same problems they stop playing raid or the game altogether. The Devs need to nurf the normal so 3 out of 5 pugs can beat it, not the 1 our of 20 its at. For the elite players that want a challenge they can run elite. Hell I'm all for making the elite even harder if they want it. I have beaten the raid a few times and what I find so funny is all the people that say "Its darkside", It should be hard. Darkside is the easiest boss to fight in the whole raid.

I'm not saying make it cake walk but I think it should toned down to how BBS was when it was new. Some pugs could not beat the last boss,but they can run the first two bosses untill they get drops and finally beat him. Most leagues did not problems with it and it kept them in game having fun, not waiting till next content. Leagues are drying up and people are leaving so you few elite players can have some thing hard to run.

If the causal players left this game or quit playing the game, I believe this game will flat line in matter of months. Casual players spend so much more money on the game then the elite players cause the causal player wants to be elite and some think throwing money at the game will give them a better chance at being elite.
    • Like x 4
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I admit i can be the same way in pugs. Im too impatient at times. But other times im really patient and will try to take the time to explain and help. But i once got called an "elitist" because i told the tank to "plz turn the boss around away from the group." LOL Even if u try to word the advice in a very nice way u still get rudeness in return 90% of the time. At least in my experience. But i see it the same way, u are in the newest end game content, the hardest raid, and someone has to tell u to throw PoT over and over or tell ya how to position as a tank? That shouldnt be happening. But like derio said, most have been carried.
    • Like x 2
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

The thread is about the players. Players who seem to not know how to play their role or do basic things that come with your role while raiding. When u have a group of players like that the content wont matter. Unless its crazy easy content. People can be a casual player and still know their role/power. Its the start of t8, darkseid, and the newest end game raid. If people cannot do the basics then imo they should struggle. The only thing that makes DWF normal hard is the players. The content itself isnt really challenging. Its players who dont pay attention to anything and/or just dont know how to play their role that make it a challenge.
    • Like x 1
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Thursday morning, pug group. We are at the first boss, and we get Mad Harriet and Steppenwolf (iirc). Im tanking Harriet and she begins to jump around...we wiped and the other tank ask "Tank do you have a taunt?"... only thing i did was shake my head.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Im sorry i read this and laughed. :(