Pugging getting worse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morsy808, May 18, 2016.

1. Morsy808 Committed Player

i've just come from the worst op12 pug group I've ever seen.

I suddenly remember why I usually wait for a league run. Leagues a bit quiet due to episode 24 delay so decided to join a pug group for op12.

Should have known from the start as the tank announced in group chat that he was grabbing a drink and not to start without him... dps steam ahead and get wiped anyway, then type directly under his post "tank???"

Fast forward to last boss, brainiac. DPS fail time and time again to do the pods. Despite myself and one other telling them to do so, even assigning specific dps to each pod. But when pods came up, they were still attacking the boss. Me (troll) and the tank were breaking them at one point. That should never have to happen.

The healer and a few others constantly getting ko'd by the skull attack, so while pods are out, half the team is doing pick ups... wipe.

Then I explain to group that you have to roll and block skull attacks... I get abuse from a dps (who is 161 cr) asking me (164 cr fully modded) if I had cleared it before, saying "you talk %^&* tbh".

Even going so far as to blame me. As troll, I kept all power bars full, debuffed boss where possible, hitting pods to pick up slack dps were leaving aswell as picking people up. Also not dying once from a skull attack. Yeah, really my fault.

Since when did end game pugging get this bad? We ended up disbanding because it just wasn't happening.

Pugs don't know what they're doing half the time, and when you try and explain a mechanic, you open yourself to abuse and blame throwing. They don't listen.

Something needs to be done to improve player quality at this level of the game. It seems too many players are power leveling/being carried without learning anything. Blocking skull moves, thats t6 stuff. People should know this by the time they reach t7. I doxed the group after and they were averaging 80-120 sp. Shocking for t7.
    • Like x 5
  2. Skull Collector Committed Player

It's why I don't run raids or alerts anymore, and haven't for several years. Ok, the odd one here and there, but very rarely (like once or twice a month rarely). My experience when I do is that I enter new content and right at the beginning I type out "Hey guys, never done one this before so any tips and tricks on what to press when or who to burn first would be greatly appreciated." I'm always met with silence and the team just rushing into rooms while utter chaos ensues and begin picking up all my dead group members. With the high costs of league hall maintenance and everyone wanting to be in ridiculously huge antisocial leagues with all the perks, I just can't train and keep enough new players in my league to even do league runs anymore. I gear up slowly, but I get there eventually and keep my sanity just enough to keep playing this broken game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 3
  3. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Just come run with us on Saturdays
    • Like x 1
  4. bjr338 Well-Known Player

Off subject bro... I like your cat in your signature. LOL. Those eyes!
    • Like x 2
  5. Red Templar Dedicated Player

It's the best huh?
    • Like x 1
  6. Skull Collector Committed Player

Yeah, he's great huh? You may also like other goofy felines such as...

Cat playing whack-a-mole
    [IMG]

Wobbly cat does an insulting impression of a guard.
    [IMG]

and the classic.... cat in a sandal.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. Skull Collector Committed Player

I was working Comiccon last weekend, but possibly this coming weekend if my tentative plans fall through. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Templar Dedicated Player

1900 EST. if we have a slot open you are more than welcome.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont even try and help people anymore and explain anything because 99% of the time u get what u got, rudeness. U can be 100% correct on what your saying and people will say "u talk sh*t" or tell u to "****" or call u a noob or a scrub. Unless its a super easy raid or i dont feel like waiting for league then i dont ever pug. 99% of my runs are league. Ive dealt with more then my share of the stuff u described. Its just not worth my time to deal with the clowns u come across. Your better off waiting on league/friends. Especially when it comes to the raid in ep24 that goes live 2mor. I refuse to pug that raid until we are into ep 27.
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have had days just like the one you describe but honestly I spend most of my time, when I am not working on solo content, Qing up and doing PUGS. Now I will be BRUTALLY honest just like Skull Crusher I tend to avoid most RAIDS like the plaque, but the duos and Alerts usually work out pretty well. Oh I have SEEN the bad days when I am Tanking a Demon Pit and have two DPS both in the 160s that seem totally incapable of killing anything. I sit there firing off my attacks and wondering "Exactly when will you guys kill some of these adds trying to take off my head?" I start to appreciate the Phantom Zone teams I have tanked with DPS that had lower CR than this "undynamic duo?" but somehow managed to make CR 161 adds and bosses drop like rocks while the guys I am teaming with right now can't take out a CR 139?

But honestly the good runs outnumber the bad.

I think my biggest problem with raids is that 5-6 man DPS mentality that still exists and then when the "BURN" doesn't deal with everything imaginable the team just fold and goes poof. I have actually joined Pug alerts where when we all arrived there were 4 DPS staring at one another and without a single word being said and before anyone took a step toward the first group of adds to be dealt with we transformed and had a 1-1-1-1 team that moved through the alert with ease., Of course the opposite is still out there.. On a recent Phantom Zone during the very first part while we were battling the malfunctioning Jor-El with no warning and for no apparent reason suddenly 2 team mates just vanished. There was no team wipe? We seemed, to me anyway, to be moving pretty quickly through the phases that lead to the final battle but all of a sudden they were just gone. My ONLY wild guess would be it wasn't going as FAST as they wanted it to so they quit. A couple minutes later we had two new DPS and we went on to finish the alert with no team wipes and no problems of any kind.

Sure any time you use the Q you roll the dice and deal with what you find. Over the Appreciation weekend I zoned into a Desecrated Cathedral with my CR 139 Troll and found myself staring at one CR 119 DPS and two Cr 155 DPS. This was Sunday night, last chance to get that guaranteed rare drop, and the crazies had come out of the woodwork... It was about the 6th time that day I had found myself on a team with at least one REALLY low level CR alt to carry.. but that was the final straw for me that day. No way my TROLL was going to try and carry three players all way under the "suggested" rating for that mission. I left the mission and just logged off for the night and actually went and watched Deadpool on Amazon .COM LOL Still even that weekend had a LOT of good moment on Q and I now have 11 ALTS all above CR 150.
    • Like x 2
  11. Morsy808 Committed Player

I rarely pug raids myself, and that experience last night reminded me why.

I usually fare pretty good in phantom zone. But for some reason, I've NEVER had a decent demons plan pug group. Always teamed with scrubs in that alert. What is it with that alert? Always 1 or 2 at bare minimum cr to queue it or just a really awful group who can't even stay alive, let alone damage anything.

The worst was pugging the elite for a style with my tank and a troll who finished it with 30k power out and 150k damage.

Did op12 with league just before the game kicked us out for update and smashed it without wiping. Nobody died on brainiac either. Why? Because dps split for the pods and we all rolled out the way before blocking on the skull attack. I'd love to show video of that boss fight to the mouthy dps from last night to make him eat his words.

I shall never pug raids within relevancy anymore. Not worth the aggro. Can't stand attitude problems from pugs.
  12. MuTeDx Committed Player

Did a blind pug UMn last night, everyone was 150+, no one could stay out of blood on 2nd boss. We never even got to Trigon lol. The pug community has gone backwards it seems, I think it's because the good pugs (with whom I have blind pugged PBe with) have been scooped up by active leagues and now they don't PUG anymore. So we now have a new batch of pugs who need to learn the game and are having a hard time. Honestly I have been thinking this for the last 2 weeks, I haven't finished anything "relevant" with a blind pug group in 2 weeks and I used to do MOST of my relevant raids with blind pugs. I do blind pug to find league-less players and players in blind que because of a dead league. I think others were doing the same and now the good ones are all in league runs. Just my 2 cents from personal experience, idk how many other people have been scooping up the good pugs but I have grabbed at least 20 skilled active players from blind que since BBS dropped and I don't think they pug anymore.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sounds to me that you just got used to playing with your League.

For quite a while I was motly playing with my League.

At least half of the group was ALWAYS Legauemates/Friends.

So for a while.... I thought "Damm...... the player base really is much better then it used to".

Until..... I had to go back to the PUG life. :(

Essentially all my League and Friends left the game....... TWICE.
    Once with OC..... then again with GU47. :(

And going back to PUG after playing mostly with League and Friends...... is pretty brutal. :eek::eek:

PUGs are PUGs..... same as always.

Odds are you got used to playing with your League...... and by contrast playing PUGs is much much much more difficult. :(
    • Like x 1
  14. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Omg the cat again, imma be watching for a hour now! Wheres the kid n rabbit? Btw I mainly PUG on the hero side due to my 1 man league and Oooooh boy, they just need to be informed.
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I would hang up my cape before joining the pug community these days. It's just awful, and it's due to them being carried to the top then feeling OP, ego's all round, having no idea what to do when met with an actual challenge (for them as new players). Cr is everything to them, the higher it is, the fuller their ego. Team work? Mechanics? Blocking? Only noobs do that. I'm not gonna suggest anything for you to do OP cause we've all heard everything a thousand times over in the forums, I just wanted to vent a little.

Edit: Most I'll do is join a few runs with other respectful know how leagues.
  16. Ekart Committed Player

I'm running with PUGs or mostly with people I know in-game because sometimes I come to late from work to play with my league mates. In the end, not all random groups are bad, but sometimes you get the "special one". :D
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I wanted to edit my first post but that option is now gone so..... It was two CR 115 DPS not 155. Now doesn't that just make a whole lot more sense for me going OMG No and logging off for the night? Besides I had a lot more fun watching Dead Pool (CAPTAIN DEAD POOL.. No just Dead Pool) deal with FRANCIS anyway lol
  18. Morsy808 Committed Player

Agree with everything you said. You see, the reason myself, my league mates and every other player in other leagues who we raid with, we worked our butts off from the ground upward. I was on tiers 3-4 for ages before I reached dox and had no choice but to learn mechanics on tier 6. Couldn't squeak by with o.p group members.

I remember when love and war was considered a beast raid and when we got the one piece feat, it took mega teamwork. Can't see any of these pugs pulling that off at level, the way it was when stats counted.

They'll have a shock when it changes back to the way it was and their 80-120 sp ain't getting them through.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tacca Well-Known Player

What do you mean when you say pug group? Using lfg or solo queuing raids? EU server seems to have good dps who pick up and do mechanics. Well everytime I use lfg I've beengetting into decent groups that beat the raid. Mind you usually the lowest player is only 3 crs off maximum.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think my problem is i pug everything. I don't see hardly any of tge horror stories players put on the forums about pugs, and i pug everything. If players not blocking, i just say "block when you see the skull above boss head" or "get on my mic and say pods" and that usually is enough. I came back to the game like 3 weeks ago, and out of like 20 bbs runs, like 2 were fails. That's all pug runs