New alternate form of progression.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, May 2, 2016.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I have no idea what it could be or will be. I just hope it's fun, engaging, and let's us make our characters as strong as we can without luck of RNG and replay badges being a factor. I can't see it happening. But here's to hoping.
    • Like x 8
  2. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

Hopefully it's a level increase.
    • Like x 2
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I'd lve to see leveling with exp system back.

Last week I dropped my sub because i was having PC troubles, (wasn't really planning to come back, but i managed to patch my pc and love my leaguies :) ), anyway, my point is, during those days i redownloaded and played DDO, to my surprise, my monk still exists, so i logged in and:
    1.- Boom! I was able to jump right into combat, there was no expired rent nor expired bonuses.
    2.-My skills were still my skills, during these 5 years, there was no backpedaling on how my powers worked, i still had what i paid for.
    3.-After running a couple of quests, my exp bar went up, a.k.a. those runs counted towards progression, no nonsense of "no luck with loot, therefore your time was as good as wasted"

My point is DCUO could take some notes on that, it is not rare to see returning players leaving again because the game feels like it lives in constant beta while also giving the feeling that your progression hinges on a gamble with the RNG.

While i cannot be happier to see the CR differential go, i would really love to see an alternate progression in which the missions you run do actually count for something and not just for locking your loot.
    • Like x 9
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

More open world stuff maybe since there's a high demand for that.
    • Like x 8
  5. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So you want the level to be 100 or something? I am not sure if making people grind for levels will do much, but make it like a Korean grind game. Not exactly fun for all.
  6. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Experience points leveling would be awesome. Hate the if you get lucky with drops you can progress bs.
    • Like x 6
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Man, I hope there's a better leveling system , like Blade and Soul, Coh, and Black dessert etc.
    • Like x 1
  8. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

Maybe a combination of cr exp level sp and mod all contributing to a new leveliing system
    • Like x 2
  9. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

People will want to to mod their gear and have mt
  10. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

11. Doflamingo New Player

Make SP earned though xp. Ex f2p can grind to earn up to 70 sp without dlc. buy dlc and you can grind up more sp through xp. MAke feats give something else like marks or rare styles/auras/pvp characters.
    • Like x 1
  12. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I like this.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

I dream of a world where gear isn't our holy grail, but merely a compliment, an afterthought to the variety of other things we can do to beef up our characters. A world where RB's don't equate to top stats or CR, a world where you're rewarded for your time and effort spent, not the amount of money you've spent.

But, dreams rarely come true.
    So at this point, a game with a modicum of integrity is all i ask.
    Even though thats probably asking too much from a game/team that in every way conceivable tries to force more and more money out of their last few loyal players.
    But, one can dream...Right?
    • Like x 7
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

+2
  16. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Agreed. The gear chase is not healthy to me. I grew exhausted. There's nothing else to do than just gear up apart from the awesome SM and seasonals and I`ll say skill points too. But other than that, idk. I moved to ffxiv and will come back if something change. Didn't really enjoyed the weekend appreciation because it was just gear chase again and get more money from us. Nothing new.

Not quitting. Just hoping for a more interesting and meaningful progression and with ''fun''.
    • Like x 3
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

And what would be new about this???

They need to drop out of character progression and go story-line. Any other approach will keep too many customers from accessing new content on release and thus have a negative effect on their income. I hope they finally find a better use for progression points.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I still want Power Mastery: the ability to tweak my powers to be closer to my own play style, adding versatility and differentiation between contrasting players of the same powerset.

-Increase Range of a Power
    -Increase Area of Effect of a Power
    -Increase Duration of CC Effects (Controller/Tank)
    -Increase Effect of Power Interactions
    -Decrease Casting Speed
    -Decrease Cooldown

Stuff like that...
    • Like x 1
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The return of XP based levelling would do wonders for this game in all aspects. There's a reason why so many other games do the XP and Levelling based system and it's because it's a time tested system that works.

Not only would it give us something to do, but it could give meaning to all types of content. Like Solos and Duos? They'd award XP for every enemy you kill, objective you complete and boss you defeat.

Huge PVP fanatic? How does XP for kills in matches, ticks on the control point, match victories and kills in Open World PVP sound?

XP based levelling should be the focus and should have always been the focus.

In addition to player benefits, it also tremendously benefits the devs. XP boosters eliminating the cancerous Replay Badge once and for all, in addition to granting a Planetside 2 permanent XP boost for subscribers. The devs ****** up and need to apologise? XP Booster weekends for all! Rather than ******** "increased drop weekends" which benefit the developers more than the players.

On top of that, the developers can artificially create content simply by increasing the level cap. Meaning if content needs a little more time in the oven, we aren't left starving with nothing to do such as the case now, coming up to what should be the next monthly episode, but the content isn't even available for testing yet.

XP based levelling system should be considered heavily. XP based levelling together with a revised R&D gear system, coupled with gear cloning to allow you to make a complete set of your hard earned gear just like that for your off-role or alts... perfect.
    • Like x 5
  20. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I like how this sounds, in theory, but you have to be careful. Careful that you don't make a Korean Grind game. You know what I am talking about. A game where there are hundreds of levels, that take bots to get done. I never want to see that on DCUO. FFX has that already. Bots that level for people. Leniage was a game that I believe was nothing but bots, to level. There are others too. Rift was hit with bots that do macro leveling.

Leveling games are all fine and good, till you realize you need 5 million exp for next level and that mob you killed gave you 15.
    • Like x 3