3 dps/1 healer for PZN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by anotherpacifist, Apr 27, 2016.

1. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

Since the server is down/stuck again (hopefully temporarily), I'll post another curious incident of mine a this week.

Got into a pug group for PZN (I usually sign on as dps/troll, since depending on the group I will do either).
    164 dps, mid 150's dps, and 149 sorc healer. Great, I said, we 164's dps can probably carry the group without a troll. (What I usually do is hit T, throw pot between fights, switch back to dps)

Started killing adds, then the 164 dps asks to be excused, and says something like, I'm tired of people queuing for their roles and don't do it. I said, it's only PZN, 3 dps/1 healer is standard. The healer agrees. The 164 dps leaves.

We get another 160 dps, and we finish the instance in 15 minutes. (Then I did another PZN as healer with 3 dps, and finished it in 12 minutes)

In the middle of the first fight I get this tell from the 164 dps that left (in purple since it was directed to me): (not the exact words which were much longer but I remember the gist of it)
    "I'm sick of you people not doing your roles and impeding my progress. You're the reason that the DCUO community sucks. You're ignored."

I wrote him an email explaining myself (how I threw pot in between fights, sodering, doing supply drops appropriately, etc), and asked him politely to manage his power better since dpses don't really need a troll nowadays for easier content. He probably never got it.
    -----------------
    TL;DR:
    People really like to dps with trolls as batteries.
  2. Coelha Well-Known Player

Got kicked once by someone like that, and he was being carried, sad.
  3. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

You don't need to explained yourself to these type of players, I'd say you were generous enough troll every now an then cause at this stage 164 dps can just fly thru pzn, basically power back in AM is more than enough and if he was draining his power bar then he is a terrible dps
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wow. Really? I suck at this game. How bad do I suck? It was me who made the thread saying the new duo was a bit too tough, that's how bad. And yet, I can dps just fine without a controller. I regularly run Phantom Zone with 2 other dps and a healer.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive run PZn many many times with 3 dps 1 heal. Dont see the problem. Finishing the instance should always be the goal. If u finish it smoothly like that then whats the problem? If u had problems them someone switches. The big deal is? Cause i dont see 1 and imo its looks like u ran into a very uptight player who thinks everyone should play the way he/she wants.
    • Like x 2
  6. X-zero Loyal Player

It is more that you signed up for the queue saying you will do either role then saying the role that you selected wasn't needed. If you just signed up as a dps and did your same behavior no one would probably have said anything. But to that person you took a spot meant for a true controller and skipped ahead of some other dps in the line.
    • Like x 13
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

When did the server went down because I'm still playing.
  8. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

True, but I did provide something like 50000 power just throwing pot between combat and sodering. ;)

The point is, if that's how people need to play, then form a group in LFG and don't use the queue. I just want to get in quickly and finish it in a reasonable amount of time. (If I had trolled, it would have taken probably 30 minutes to finish)
    • Like x 1
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

Don't queue as a troller if you aren't going to be one.
    Sure most like 3-1 set up but others don't.

Not defending either side, but that's my take
    • Like x 14
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you que into content as said role and it tells you play said role, play it. Stop being a player that only wants to burn content down fast. If you selected a non-damage role, play it as intended.

Now if you don't want to play as a troll form your own groups.

The exception to this rule is when you get a DPS that has no idea what they are doing and everyone is on board with players skipping their role when pugging, otherwise, play the role assigned.

You were in the wrong as the DPS was correct.

Another player also wrote something similar but as a healer, they got flamed here on the forums. You should expect the same.
    • Like x 8
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So u q as a troll and didht troll full instance? Then q as a dps next time?
    • Like x 9
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Egos of these DPS players I tell you. Play your role or form your own groups.
    • Like x 5
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Actually u need to go in UR settings and change ur role optional to on. Ull get all the dps u want.

The devs put this option in the game for those of us that que and want a balanced group, u cheated the system not the dps that left.
    • Like x 5
  14. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

Bengal, I disagree with you. As I said, I queued as a dps and troll. That means I have equal rights to play as dps or troll. The group needed more dps, so I played as dps.
    If I queued only as troll, I would play as troll. (not that that ever happens, since PZE needs preformed groups to be successful)

Trolls can give power with pot. So yes, I did do part of my role as a troll.

My healer routinely queues as healer and dps, and depending on the group, I dps or heal (most often the latter).
    • Like x 1
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I like how he says YOU impeded his progress, yet he was the one that left, forcing your team to find another player.

Glass houses.
    • Like x 5
  16. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

It is on. And for the dps who don't want optional roles, they should be the ones turning their roles optional to off.

A balanced group for PZN was needed at start when people had less gear. Not when most people are 164. Tell me, do you do all 4 roles in a T1 alert when you queue in?
    • Like x 2
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with you to an extent, but I also disagree with you to an extent. If the other player had such a problem with it, why didn't he ask nicely at the beginning instead of throwing a tantrum? Players who throw tantrums and tell others how to play are not in the right.
    • Like x 4
  18. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

Ego is the last thing I do in pug groups. Whatever gets through the content quicker works for me. I don't chase scoreboards, I just want the marks and loot in a reasonable amount of time. (Not everybody can spend 30 minutes per PZN run for 5 toons).
    • Like x 2
  19. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Actually I will I can heal/dps troll/dps and I have a tank that is tank only.

That's funny u say that because they are 2 different ques and the default is off.
  20. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

Then it's not my fault that the dps who queued with me wants 4 roles. He turned his optional role on. :)