Ok what are people thinking? Seriously?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChromeWarriorXTC, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Ok, now that you have looked. What am I talking about?

You see when I started the game I came here for help. Because in every other functioning part of America, Ireland, UK, and what not people KNOW that when you go to a forum there are people there that can and will help. Our Society is built around the revolving idea that what we do not know we can search out. We are driven by the core principal that when we are at a loss there are others that may be able to shed light upon a problem.
    This may be my last post, it may get locked, deleted, or lost. Those are the possibilities. These to me are not now nor ever will they be life altering moments.
    First I will be blunt. DEVS you are a great team that has done great things with this game, you have and continue to do your best to make EVERYONE happy. STOP, forget the rest, because that last statement is your undoing. ALL of you had dreams as children and like myself you realize that through the PC on a daily basis. A wise man said once that you can make some of the people happy some of the time but you can not make all the people happy all the time. If you ignore people because you would rather not tell them how it is that makes you a problem. Sometimes people need the truth in order to deal with the reality of the situation.
    Second, there are many of you that I get along with on here. There are times when we do not see eye to eye, and there are those that I flat out piss off. To the first I say that I enjoy talking to all of you because this is a place where we can voice our opinions within reason. To the second, there has never been a personal agenda I just call it like I see it. To the third I apologize because is it never my intent to piss off anyone, but I know that in life it is bound to happen.
    Third. Please I love DCUO so think before you post. I know that ALL of us play the game, but I assure you that we are the MINORITY, not the MAJORITY. The forums have become and continue to grow into a toxic,vile cesspool for people to spew forth venom without consequence. The ugly truth is that it is the game that suffers. NONE of us know what 17,000,000 people want. We wonder why the Devs have failed to answer even the simple questions and we are too blind to see that we have created the void we live in here. People can't agree whether the sky is blue let alone whether something may make a game batter, and GOD knows that I would never put my companies fate in the hands of people that can't even agree on color.
    In closing and from the bottom of my heart I want everyone to know that the game is what matters, feelings don't always count. When you think you know what all the people want remember that you can never make EVERYONE happy. This game is good, it can improve, but that is for the Devs to decide and so long and no one person can agree on things, as long as there is a score to chase, there will never be any monumental changes because the community forgets that these forums were designed for feedback, not 20 pages of arguments on why you can't design your power color.
    Peace
    • Like x 7
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Centering the text was a bad idea. Made me only half read. So I missed stuff
    • Like x 15
  3. Red Templar Dedicated Player

But you signature picture keeps me entertained every time I see it. Seriously it is awesome.

When the forums get too annoying I just leave for a month or so and poke in from time to time. If I see something worth while I log in and post, if not then I move along. There's no point in getting sucked into the drama, it's not worth the time, effort, or headaches.

It's all a game. People take it way too seriously.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

My opinions are not opinions they are the truth. It you don't like my opinions or agree with them it's because you can't handle the truth.

:p
    • Like x 1
  5. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

So you're complaining about the way other people complain? Why is your post centered? Is that symbolism for "the middle road?" Are you quitting? Can I have your sig?
    • Like x 4
  6. seek76 Committed Player

I think this forum is fun. It is the only time I can win at pvp. Plus I don't have to give my power, cr, or sp in order to post here, so in my book that is a win. Sometimes I question rng when I end up in a thread and don't know why I'm there, but I try to make the most of it. One wipe and I'm out of there.
  7. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

So..you dislike that people have differing opinions, well allow me to retort!. :D
    To be honest, this forums do have really helpful people, i can't recall a time where i've needed help and haven't found a reply.

Yeah, some of us are toxic, but we are a necessary evil, we keep the other members strong, it's a community service really. :p

About voicing opinions on forums, it's kind of part of a forum's function, yes, we are the minority, but also the vocal minority, i'm not saying that we are right, but it kind of works a bit like voting, even if the voters are wrong, they have greater chances of being heard than non-voters.

And, even if some of us have some ridiculous ideas at times, as i said, part of the forum's funtion is precisely to be a place where people can provide feedback from a customer standpoint.

Think of it like a hotel, you, as the owner, go to the feedback book and see 10 complaints about the lights, and maybe 100 people loved the lights but none of them bothered to stop by and write a compliment, so unless they stop and voice it out on the feedback, as owner, all you know for a fact is that light has been a subject that has impacted negatively, so from a business standpoint, it only makes sense to adjust.

Is it right? Is it wrong?...it just is.

And, while i'd love to agree with your statement about feelings not counting, i'm afraid to tell you, that for a bussiness that sells an experience, feelings do count ery much. You wan't your customers to feel good with you in order to keep them, so you naturally would be wise to hear them, which takes us back to the hotel example.

I agree, Devs have made titanic efforts to please the playerbase, and i mantain that DBG should implement more "ears" in order to gain feedback from all of the voices that wont come here, but unfortunately, it is the way it is. And while the book of feedback remains as the only means of feedback the hotel has, it will remain as the only guide the manager has to decide where his business is headed.

^The above wall of text does not necessarily makes me right of course, but it is how i see things from my perspective.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I have never understood how people can think the DCUO forums are toxic. I have seen toxic (SWTOR for one) and this is not even, well I can't think of a proper reference as to how not close it is.

Sure people get angry at times and some have even gone way overboard, then there are those types that seem to thrive on stirring the pot. But it seems the worst of those types either got banned or just got bored and moved on, because that has become a rare thing now.

Sadly last year was a horrible time for morale. It really made people so angry as well as very sensitive to just about anything. It will take some time for people to recover from this, hopefully they will recover.

But all in all this has been a good forums community over the years.

I am not sure what hit you so wrong to make this thread but I am sorry you got pushed to it.

EDIT: I think I may know what thread did it, just scrolled down to find a curtain locked thread by one of our special forumites.
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

ok
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Wish I would've thought to ask for his signature

• Like x 1
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

This is funny a complaint about the people that complaint lol

But to your toughts, as you said this forum is for feedback, so many times that feedback is about things you dont like or want in the game, so every one is entitled to post a complaint that might work as a feedback just like any other costumer service you know, sometimes you can be loud about it sometimes it might be at ease, it depends on everyone personality, or situation.

Just an example, let say you bought a power respect token and change your power to the one is OP, but then in the next update that power gets nerfed or tweeked. You are then entitled to react or not to the fact that you spent money on an OP power just to see that power isnĀ“t OP anymore after a few days with it. Do you have the right to complaint and be vocal about it? Would you be frustrated for the fact you might just waisted your 20 bucks (assuming you change your power again)? The answer may vary some people will blame the deav team, some people would blame themself for changing in the firs place, but the thing is everyone is entitle to express their feelings or ideas, it might be in the forums or in the chat ingame as Im sure you have seen it before
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Today was a good day.

I ate a pie but only After blowing on it first.

Always blow on the pie.

Oh god damnit this isn't my blog.

As you were gentlemen.
  13. CS2016 Committed Player

no no go on. . .
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

It was one of these, the biggest of biggest Ben's - butter chicken.

It tasted smooth like meaty velvet going down. It was almost like it had melted Brie in it that left an aftertaste of pure bliss

and somehow to add to the complete package it had that extra bit of spice like it had been allowed just the exact number of days to marinate and cure itself.

All this for only $2.50.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

What? :confused: Im so confused
  16. Dibrie Committed Player

tryed to blow on the pie once, but then i got smacked on the head :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Dibrie Committed Player

Id like to big ben my chick to :D......O God stop it Dibs
  18. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Dibrie Committed Player

20. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

No one is going to read that. At least put a summary at the bottom for people that value their time lol.