Man who the heck designed the "Breaking Steel" mission?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AbBaNdOn_IGN, Mar 27, 2016.

1. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Im not even sure how this mission is suppose to be introduced to people. I only got it because I found the npc's in the open world of Steelworks.

But lets review.
    -First you have to perform a daily mission 5 times on the overworld to open the dungeon
    -You fight against lv89 enemies on those Daily missions
    -After the dungeon battle you get one piece of gear that is Lv72...
    -You need atleast 5-6 pieces of the gear to complete the set for a feat??(dont know exact number)
    -You get another feat if you get to the dungeon part 10 times.....

This mission is an insanely massive waste of time....Your saying its going to take 50+ days to get that one feat for reaching the dungeon 10 times???? Is the mismatch in enemy/reward because it was maybe suppose to be an open world group quest??? Thats why the enemies are so tough and hard to kill even as a cr112 vs lv89??? But man this thing needs overhauled.....

-Weaken the enemies to lv72 and/or weaken them for solo play. Or you can leave them at 89(but still weaken them for solo) and raise the reward items to lv89 gear.
    -What kills this whole mission string though is the number of times you have to run dailies to get into dungeon. Make it so the dungeon unlocks after only doing 1 daily. Thats still 5-10 days you have to run the mission.. You could give it a feat if you do each version of the daily mission.
  2. DarthJafo Committed Player

So its the villain side of ace chemicals or strikers? They are only worthwhile for a day or two for gear, then its strictly a time suck for feats. On hero side at least they usually only take a couple minutes to do
  3. Controller Devoted Player

I'm glad I got this feat out of the way.

While I won't argue with you on the difficulty of it, the grind was the part I remember the most.

A few replays were spent getting it done faster.
    • Like x 1
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Steelworks area south of chinatown/metro. Not ace chemical or strikers island. Villain side if that matters.

I was just doing this quest on my main cuz it was new to me. I dont need the gear except for feats and styles. But that got me thinking. What if you were trying to run this for the equipment lol. You know how many CR you can gain in like 25-30+ days??? several tiers worth conservatively if you pug. A hell of a lot more if you have help.

I doubt there was ever a single person ever who found the gear actually useful stat wise lol.
  5. Nodens Dedicated Player

I believe DarthJafo was just trying to clarify that you were speaking of thevillain equivalent to hero missions that take place at Ace Chemicals and Strykers' island. While I've never played the villain mission at Steelworks, I'm certain the mission and loot mechanics are the same.
    Btw, I believe the villains also have another mission at Arkham island to match the one at Steelworks.
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

That's the villain version of the ace chemicals mission (morrow sends villains to ace and steel sends heroes to ace)
    And the villain version of strikers is arkham.
    And you get 2 pieces from that mission, one is a random (normally an accessory or a weapon) drop and the other one you get it as a reward from the journal which you can choose.
  7. KitKatMonster00 Level 30

The missions where to designed to be difficult as when the DLC was released it was the current end game content.... You then had another 3 months (or was it 4? Oh so long ago) before the next DLC to get all the gear and feats... Which was a lot more than 50+ days ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. megamanzero Loyal Player

the hero and villain versions are pretty different.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

And easier. Even the villain Arkham missions are easier. I've asked plenty of times why steelworks was made so difficult, but there has never been any answer...
  10. Dezaras Loyal Player

On the hero side I've noticed that the Strykers interior mission is easier than the Ace interior mission. Weird...
  11. X-zero Loyal Player

In order of difficulty, I would probably say easiest to hardest is Arkham, Ace, Strykers, and finally Steelworks. For Steelworks you better be a dps and pray you don't get the "If I only had a heart" mission.

And when this first came out T4 had 4 8 man content, 1 alert, and those dailies. So after the alert that is pretty much all you could do for marks of war. I forget when exactly Inner was added but the time to mark ratio made it not worth it.
  12. Tyrranus Well-Known Player

woah woah woah... while I agree with almost the entirety of the rest of your post... Ive been soloing this since I was CR72 and am 76 now because of this and the Arkham version of it... I only have 50 skill points atm on that character as well.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm talking about the exteriors. In several we are stuck in a transformation without any movent mode an have to move through the many robots to find the right one.

At level, those missions are done with ten or more deaths. I tested them..
  14. Supergirly Dedicated Player

When this came out, there was no WM or AM. This was really tough, at the time. I remember watching people higher CR die horribly in Strykers.
  15. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Remember when the bounty robot dropped a box, but drop rates was always dropping junk instead of gear for the style.

Oh memories.
  16. darkscarletx Loyal Player

And that,s how we don't get any open worlds anymore, thank you. Not being rude but I understand some might not like it but me and many others love those missions. But because people say it takes too much time, the devs took away the open worlds and now we only got instance.

Maybe it needs a little fix but

Patience people, patience.. It's something that I rarely see in dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  17. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Man i feel for u old timers. Those 4 missions need some loving. Havent found the Arkham one yet. Its in my sig but my main is healer so thats why i find it tough. You can really feel the difference in enemies when they are made for 2+ groups. No armory yet heh.
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You are looking at your opponent's Combat Rating and looking at your individual Item Level, and mixing up the two. If you were wearing all Item Level 72 pieces, for instance, your Combat Rating would be 82. Each piece you are wearing has a weight that is factored against its Item Level in order to calculate your Combat Rating (gearscore).

Home Turf explores a different way of earning gear. People complained that they wanted a way to progress through solo and small group content. Replay Badges were also still new if people wanted to progress faster. This was a way to grind for gear that wasn't vendor gear. Yes, it was meant for people to group up and do together, but it wasn't absolutely necessary; this allowed for people to pick the size of their group. Especially, by the time that T5 Origin Crisis rolled around, and PvP counter mechanics were added to PvE, it became much simpler to do without a group. You'll find the same thing with Gotham Wastelands and Gotham Under Siege missions in later tiers. Essentially, if you don't use replays, it was limiting you to a piece of gear a week that you could earn yourself, outside of drops you got from queued content, and you would get to choose the piece you were missing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

When this was new to US, this was prior to the monthly release format. This was end-game, so that's just enough time for us to get the gears and feats.
  20. Senko Committed Player

Then of course you have the fun of the feat for doing all the missions, I'm still trying to get one specific one from ace chemicals that never seems to trigger.