OPEN WORLD DAILY FOR MARKS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO ENTHUSIAST, Mar 10, 2016.

1. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Are we ever going to get open world daily content again that we as players can run for marks? I miss being able to run New Genesis for marks, or whatever outdoor open world content we would have within the current tier...

Should we as players assume this is now a thing of the past, that officially ended with the New Genesis DLC?

IMO, a defining characteristic and feature in any MMORPG is to have some sort of current relevant open world daily content to get marks.

And I would enjoy it...easy marks if a player wants to do it...and if a player doesn't want to run opennworld, well then no marks for them...

But it would provide players with more options for marks other than only using the queue...

Thoughts? Anyone else miss this?
    • Like x 20
  2. Tyrranus Well-Known Player

sounds like a win to me
  3. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I would love it if they make Kandor open world, I mean come on who doesn't want to explore the legendary Kandor.
    • Like x 6
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I think anyone that's been around for even a short while knows my stance on this.

The loss of dailies, mostly due to "Relevancy" has greatly helped this become a one or two day a week game.

Not sure who's call it was to focus so heavily on Raids, but... FAIL!
    • Like x 10
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was thinking about the focus on raids. What if every other cycle of 3 episodes, instead of a raid, they provided an open world solo? We'd get two open world solos per tier that way.
    • Like x 1
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

Given this:

I would think we'll get an alternative CC instance not unlike the AF1 and WoTL2 missions. I would imagine that it's already mapped out but if there's any room for suggestions within the boundaries of the announced content an Apocalypse or Kandor mini-zone (ala New Gen) would be even better. That said any outdoor free missions would be appreciated as they are great when I can't devote 100% attention to the game or for something to do between queues.
    • Like x 1
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

There should be an open world area with Solo content at all times. Period. MMO's are not all about Raids and that's why we are suffering with low population numbers.

Someone on the Dev team needs to stand up and push this point. ALL MMO's have daily, Solo, content at end game. People expect to have a reason to log on every day, whenever they want, and have something to do ALONE. It's a fact, plain and simple.
    • Like x 8
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Every time you make this argument, some person responds with: "Why would you want to run solo stuff in an MMO? The whole point of an MMO is group content."

So I'll jump ahead of that idiocy and point out that we need solo stuff to do while we're waiting for groups to form, while we're waiting for queues to populate, and/or while we're waiting for friends/league-mates to log in. I know from past posts on the forums that many players log in, see no one is online from their friends list or league list, and they log out because there is nothing to occupy them while they wait for those people to get online.
    • Like x 8
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Yeah, I know. And the easiest way to respond is "and what other MMO's have you played?" Answer: None. All major MMO's have daily, solo style, content at end game. Certainly more than one or two 5min instances.

This is correct. It was most prevalent during the three DLC's that were 4 and 8 man only content. The game was dead for the those months each time. Even the diehard Raiders were tired of group only content.
  10. AgentX44 Committed Player

here's a suggestion: maybe put the OP item as a drop in open world. marks in open world can be a problem since you can farm that everyday to get vendor gear or whatever that involves marks. I know I did that since it's easy marks. and you wouldn't need to replay anything.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i miss it like crazy you have no clue, the old days. :( i wish we could have this back
    • Like x 4
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

Open world needs more drops too. The biggest reason for me why open world dies past content relevancy is there's almost nothing besides marks to gain from them. Sometimes there's a random drop but it's on par with once a month or so, at least for me. There's nothing to farm, for either salvage or R&D. Farming is constricted anyway since the crafters have to use gear marks for it. Why is crafting still tied to progression since Mods don't affect CR anymore?
    • Like x 4
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

This game has never had much in the way of traditional farming. Hell, some people think this game actually has a grind LOL! There hasn't been a grind since T4, and even then it wasn't much.

The ONLY rewards we've ever had is gear. That drops like candy now. Two or three runs, and you're max CR.
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

A. There is no longer any issue with getting Vendor gear "too" fast.

B. I'm not sure what you mean by open world having easy Marks. What's the difference between open world missions and instanced?
  15. seek76 Committed Player

I suspect open world, daily content got shelved because people just don't replay it. No point to replay for only one mark at a time. Not worth the cost.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

You still can run the New Genesis daily for 3 marks irrespective of your CR...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Apparently this was neglected as many forum users said that open world daily content was not fun, boring, and not necessary. Thus devs believed them as at the same time open world content caused several issues for PS3 players or players using poor quality pc's.

However many including myself hope that they took a break from making LPVE to work on new open world dailies.

Many people complain that DCUO is a casual MMO and the whole " If you want to play solo dont play an MMO". That is not the case when FFXIV can be played casually and has plenty of daily solo content along with elder scrolls, warframe, destiny, division, etc.

However sadly OP open world daily content does not fit into the monthly schedule, nor does it in any way promote replay badge usage.

Devs are starting to lean towards instanced content due to how open world content puts a stress on the server and they would like to limit that stress to seasonal content.

As for now the closest thing you will get to open world content is stepping outside of your personal base.
    • Like x 2
  18. AgentX44 Committed Player

open world missions are not easy?
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

Intances aren't easy?

You made it sound like Open World content was somehow different. So much so, that it was worth mentioning.

People desire, and expect, Open World content in games like this. If the Devs are not going to produce any, they may as well unplug the servers now. The people that replay raids are NOT going to carry this game financially.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

To be fair, most of those posts referred to the missions prior to Patrol Catastrophe. The feedback on the Patrol Catastrophe mission included very high praise. I think they tried to do the same type of thing with Oa Under Siege, but the feedback for that was mostly negative. I'm not sure where the disconnect is between those two missions. Both were challenging when released. It was likely that Oa Under Siege had bad reviews more due to the lack of rewards for the effort than the mission itself, which I thought was pretty well done.
    • Like x 1