Let me tell you what DPS can do with ur 77sp...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Dear Diary,

Everytime the same 4-5 forum members insisted you only "need 77sp to be an effective dps" I secretly cried inside. All of the work I have done with my toon, trashed.... All 260 beautiful skill points, wasted.. All the effort.... Wasted..

Then i read that stats will matter again...eventually. Which means skill points might matter again. I couldnt believe it! I instantly logged in to tell my league! I PRAY that skill points will seperate me from the laziness that has plagued DCUO for about a year. It was to the point that I was becoming lazy... Shameful I know..

Devs....
    Please get this overhaul correct. I know it will probably take a ton of work. For what it is worth, you have given me hope.

So back to my title....
    Let me tell you what u can do with ur 156cr 77sp toon. Kick Rocks...
    • Like x 11
  2. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Don't have dps with 77sp, but more elitism, kicking and boring grinding will sure make the game better for everyone!
    • Like x 26
  3. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Its not elite, its call being held accountable for being lazy. If someone wants to get by with low sp, thats fine! But dont cry when he or she gets kicked.
    • Like x 5
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Using the term "lazy" to describe people who don't play a video game enough is always a riot. :p
    • Like x 43
  5. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

We didn't really have a kick problem before when SP mattered as long as that role was performing well.
    • Like x 4
  6. Fies Committed Player

Prople really thinking DBG will harm revenue by alienating 156CR(=paying) low SP players amuse me. The recent merger came out of nowhere and is a sign of an overall healthy population after all...
    Does the obvious despise of parts of the playerbase make you feel better at least?
    • Like x 1
  7. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Let's not lose sight that this is still a game and not a job. Laziness implies that this all that someone has to do in life. I'm not speaking of myself because I have multiple characters with over 150 SP and three over 220. Not everyone has 8 hours a day to dedicate playing this game. Ease up a bit on the laziness comment.
    • Like x 17
  8. krytine Loyal Player

What out
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

You're making an assumption that the bigger group of high cr/low sp (let's call them hcls players or "heclers"), are the players that spend the money that generates revenue to support the game. If it's really the top tier players with high cr and high sp that play SM and have solid leagues raiding all the time spending the most money, your argument doesn't hold. Just something to consider....
    • Like x 1
  10. MuTeDx Committed Player

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. Before GU47 skill points didnt matter much. They aren't making any changes to SP so the order is still skill>gear>mods>sp. Sp will matter slightly but with the gear stats so high it will take a readjustment to SP or the gear stats yo make SP truely matter again.

So far all we know is the CR differential is going to be removed (a win for those who felt punished while under CR). Everything will have to be reverted/fixed after the CR differential removal because things were adjusted for being too hard after its implementation. More so now than at GU4

Overall this will be good if the stats are adjusted and the gear put more in line. As it sits or if we just go back to pre47, SP will see no significant change in importance without an update to the SP rewards, the stats are just too high at this point and SP stats are negligible.

The SP will actually matter less than back when GU47 hit as we are now at 156 and the stats are that much higher. The higher the gear and mods go, the less your SP matter. Until the gear grind stops SP will exponentially matter less, unless they are made to scale.
    • Like x 6
  11. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

In DCUO the only kicking that is an issue/disrespectful is when it is "unwarranted". If you cannot do the job that you are supposed to do in a group setting you should not expect others to be forced to pull you through.
    It's not elitism if the person in question actually cannot produce. What this could do is make people realize (most likely not though) that they need to put in a little more effort if they want to be able to access the higher end content effectively.
    How many other games allow you to go straight to the last level without completing the content and learning the skills needed leading up to that?

They do need to make SP more relevant though, or why have them when someone with 80 can be as productive as someone with 280?
    • Like x 6
  12. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I apologize! I should have used the word "casual"? Or should i find another word so i dont hurt feelings?!
    • Like x 1
  13. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

You sir... Get It! Thank you
    • Like x 2
  14. DaBeama Well-Known Player

No need to be cavalier or sarcastic. I'm just saying not everyone with low SP are lazy. Isn't the objective is to complete the missions? If someone has 77SP or 260SP, what does it matter if he's doing his job and holding his own? That's all I'm saying.
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Looks at all these poor souls whining how they won't be able compete with low sp. Well I got news for ya, it's a grind, it's skill, it's survival of the loyal. Don't like it? Then why are you playing an MMORPG?
    • Like x 4
  16. Fies Committed Player

loled
    Im not assuming anything tbh. Not about which group is bigger %-wise also. Nonetheless its quite obvious that so called "heclers" :) are a part of this community and (by gamedesign) every new player has to be a "hcls" for an extended amount of time. Im quite sure that the top-tier group as you described it spends the most. Question is though: enough by itself ? in the future also?
    Regarding the very concrete example provided by the OP (156CR) which I was referring to its save to say they are wanted contributing customers I guess. After all its gear that sells, SPs are truly f2p (for everyone with the EP- but that requirement is met by high CR players anyways) We ll have to see where this newly announced update will take us but Im 100% sure that aside from community standards "hcls" will be an evenly viable playstyle when it comes to reaching top gear as it is now.
  17. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I disagree. Players with low skill points used to never be invited into PUG groups. Majority of PUG group leaders demanded a SP confession. Once Wavedox was released and people couldn't lie about their SP anymore, that issue became way more prevalent since you could just check online and see what their stats are. The crappy thing was, if someone was performing at a low level and their skill points were low, the automatic reaction is because "they don't have skill points", while in reality, they are just terrible players. That same player could have 300 SP's and still be atrocious.

The bad thing is that those types of players carry the entire stereotype that "low sp equals low performance". Don't get me wrong, higher skill points does increase overall effectiveness, but it 100% does NOT make a bad player good. Nor does low sp make a good player bad.
    • Like x 7
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I find it incredibly fascinating that someone would let themselves be affected that much by how other people choose to play their characters, especially when the chances of you running into those players you are so concerned with are probably pretty low (especially if you stick to your league for group content runs).

But that's just me. :)
    • Like x 7
  19. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One supports this thread 100%.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

At Minimum effectiveness, DPS need 77SP which allows them to get all the Crit Innates. At Maximum Effectiveness, they need more to spec into either/both Might and Precision innates. When the #StatsMatter changes come into play, we'll have a better understanding on how this will hold up.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.