Rediculous

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by NinjaForceZ, Dec 2, 2015.

1. NinjaForceZ New Player

I ran the new solo on 5 toons, 3 of whom are only 133 cr. sorc quantom earth, For all but 1, ran it on my 138 fire dps and could not even get to first boss, Adds non stop stunning, and with the way to long cast time for fires powers you are interupted and stunned non stop cant regine power as the break out drains twice as much power as you can regin, its stupid how almost every power has short fast animations yet fire has animations that are 3 times longer than any other power.

Sickening what the devs have done
  2. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

try flame cascade instead of fireburst or mass det. problem solved. goodluck
    • Like x 2
  3. Dogico Loyal Player

Stop being so dramatic, dude. If you find yourself getting stunned/interrupted then change your loadout, run with stunning consumables, use a sidekick, something. Be proactive.
    • Like x 9
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What's rediculous is not being able to spell ridiculous.
    • Like x 12
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That's just ludicrous.
    • Like x 2
  6. John Gates Active Player

You know you can add the mod to your hands that prevent cancelled casting.
    • Like x 1
  7. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

You mean Ludekris lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Pults Loyal Player

Can you imagine the shame his ancestors must feel now? /s
    The grammar and interpunctuation is off which would indicate he might not be a native english speaker.

To OP. You can't spam fireburst in solos and duos since you haven't got a tank to taunt adds and bosses. Your best bet would be doing weapon combos or a weapon mastery loadout - melee prefered since range ones would be as ineffective as your fireburst spamming.
    • Like x 2
  9. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Was able to get through it with my 134 munitions toon with out a death. Just pace yourself and take on each group one at a time. Make sure you have supply colas and sidekick.

Also I wouldn't use inferno will cost to much power just do BD Fw and go fb or stay range and use fc.
    Hope that helps.
    • Like x 1
  10. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Welcome to my world, i'm 145 Hard Light DPS 157 sp and i keep getting out DPSed by a league member who is Ice cr 142 with 83 skill points, how in the blue hell is this even right?
    powers in this game need work to be balanced properly, it's not fair when certain powers have an edge over others, especially when i have more skill spoints.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

His complaining is not about your point.. fire is really good as DPS atm. ;) (still agree with HL)

@OP
    I know that feeling. I'm playing celestial and can't spam my combos in solos. I changed my playstyle for that and use 1h (flipslash) + buffs and some burst powers. It works really well.
    And pls don't shout for a nerf when the content is a few hours old. It's easy enough
    • Like x 1
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I tend to use BD then inferno and cast 1 fb while their in the air then I flame cascade repeatedly. Works fine.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The first issue is your toons are undergeared for the solo. You should be running it as a 140+ toon. It would be so much easier.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I did it on a 134 Mental DPS, pretty standard AM loadout and a two handed sword. It was smooth, but I'm not using Fire so...
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Flame Cascade.
    Problem solved
    • Like x 2
  16. SeiferFirehart New Player

If you're having problems with Fire, here are some tips.
  17. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I'm thinking the three of you have never tried fire, or at least not in a while. While the OP clearly has something else going on, too, wrong, wrong, and wrong. Sriracha: Flame Cascade does MAYBE 1/3 the damage that fireburst does. Dogico: there is no changing loadouts. Fire, like most powers has a set of powers which MUST be utilized to be as strong as possible. Not using these powers is choosing to be weak. John: If you use Empowered Channeling, then you're NOT using Max Damage are you? If any powerset should make this choice, I think it is fire, but how can a dps chose not to use Max Damage?

The bigger problem with fire is the way the damned AM goes, if you get interrupted, knocked down or stunned, you lose volatility and totally lose your power back that you've got going. I love fire but hate the AM, although use it by necessity.
  18. John Gates Active Player

If he is getting cancelled then he needs to make a sacrifice somewhere, having max damage is useless if it's cancelled the whole time. I did play fire recently and I have used the channeling, More dps is great but if you have a good team then missing some extra numbers isn't going to hurt. It's the getting cancelled that hurts.

The AM is horrible though I agree, honestly makes no sense how Atomic's AM gives back way more power than Fire.
  19. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Well, you generally aren't going to change your mods for one solo only to change them back though.
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't know what his loadout is, so if he was running with Absorb Heat and Spontaneous Combustion then yeah, he'd need to change his loadout.

I've been Fire for a significant amount of time both before and after it received its AM and found that, while kind of annoying, isn't as bad as people make it sound. After the recent buff Flame Cascade does decent damage and can be used effectively in different situations than Fireburst (FC has better range and cc) so if you don't know when to use FC vs FB then that's on you.
    • Like x 1