"Well Known Member" - A New In Game Title?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

Would you all like to see this title in game?

When you hit "Well Known Member" here on the forums, you have that title as an option in game?

Id like to see it account bound as well, since it's not a toon specific thing (are our titles now character specific?)

Wouldn't really work out right for me, since my main (in game) account and forum account ended up being different.

I feel like, on the whole, regular forum members would be better players as they/we are far more "in the know".

Just a thought.
    • Like x 11
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I don't know... the "well known" status comes pretty early and you get capped at it despite interactions after. It's like the level 30 of the forums. Being truly well known often comes after.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

All it takes to become "Well-Known" is by posting a lot, doesn't mean you know a lot (or anything at all)
    • Like x 8
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Both very good points. I did consider that, but wasn't sure how it could be remedied without changing how things on the forum worked.

I don't even know how much of a link, if any, there is between the forums and in game accounts. You do have to log in with a ton of the same name in order to even post though right? I know there was a change there at some point to curb the bot issues.

But yeah, fair points. Still...

Edit: just to add, none of the titles now "mean anything" either ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Well, it's a title. I don't see anything wrong with it. Most of the titles are fluff added onto feats they put into the game. A lot of them you get just for being there. The only titles that are of any special meaning are the SM ones. They deserve them.

I don't have a problem with this title being in the game even if it is easy to get. It's an accomplisment to get to wellknown no matter how easy anyone says to get there. You still got to deal with doing it.

The problem I see is the linking. It might work on PC fine, but we all know that PSN has we don't like to play with others problem.
    • Like x 1
  6. megamanzero Loyal Player

doesn't matter to me. i don't enable titles anyway.
    • Like x 2
  7. Avian Dedicated Player

In the same boat as you, my forrum account and game account are different but I don't mind this being implemented.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Who here now is a "Loyal player"??? ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I think they are linked because it's the same login sever. It depends on how the table structure is setup and if the query can be efficient. But yeah... could be legal reasons involved with PSN.
  10. SSeid Committed Player

It would be funny to see hunderds of worthless players walk around with it.. just so there is a visual clue of which players shape the game in the forums.

I don't know if they did something.. but as of right now I see all forum members as "New Player" maybe it's a bug for me!! :D
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I don't either. It's just more screen clutter in my eyes.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:eek:
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They seem to be tweaking the Trophies.

I got a message telling me that I was now a "Loyal Player". ;)

Guess they are not done tweaking/implementing this.

So now we all are "New members"............................................................................ for now. ;)
  14. SSeid Committed Player

YAY!
    • Like x 1
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

16. Deranya Dedicated Player

While reading this I noticed that everyone is back to "new player" ... is it just me? xD

Nvm didn't see that one comment :p sheesh sometimes missing one comment is deadly
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Way to go Backseid! Your rabbit-brained idea has screwed up everything for everyone!! :p
    • Like x 3
  18. Saamiafterprosieben New Player

Forums restarted?
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea forums have been restarted so everyone is a new player.
  20. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Lol... did this just happen?