Incomplete Elite farming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I agree that completing elite should drop 1 elite piece every time period. As for the first two bosses, I believe they should drop blue and rare gear only, no green gear. This would encourage players to actually BEAT elite.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I disagree.

I'm not jealous at all of players doing this. I'm in a league right now of players who are doing this exact thing and if I wanted to participate, all I have to do is ask. So there's definitely no jealousy.

I just think it's extremely cheap. Especially as those sort of players are usually the first players to jump into a gear debate thread and tout how it's important that the hardest content offer the best rewards.

That whole mindset is a complete fallacy. Because I'm pretty sure the same people who say that, would implode if the developers made the last bosses as hard as they are now, but also the only boss which dropped the Elite gear.

People in this game talk a good game, but never back it up. This kind of behaviour is a prime example of it.

As I've explained earlier in the thread, it's not that people are getting better rewards than me by exploiting loopholes in the system, but rather that supporting this type of behaviour only encourages the developers to do more of it.

Which means that the game becomes even more tuned towards the casual, lazy player who only wants to spam 2 bosses in the content which is supposed to be an optional extra for those who want more out of the basic, unchallenging game we've come to accept as the standard.

This game is already diluted to **** in comparison to how it used to be. It doesn't need diluted further. But as we've seen with DCE, UME and now BDE, Elite content isn't challenging and it's being used as another replay badge farm, instead of being the exact same thing that warranted people demanding Elite content in the first place.
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

That obvious reward kind of falls down when you stay in there 2 hours and get green looted while people get fully geared for purposely not trying imo. That said, your point has validity, the chance is there.
    The "satisfying egos" part is where you are wrong, it is a know fact that my ego is capped at max D:

Decided to reply this since you took the time to write all that rationally and i felt bad because i didn't write you anything D:

Ok, being serious, you speak some sense, however, "elite" raids were supposed to be the answer for "elitists" to have elite content, people found a way to exploit even that (not exploit in a bad way, just getting advantage of) ad well, i guess it is a "valid" way.

Now, yes, it doesn't personally affect me, but when you try to do it for hours and maybe finish and get a 122 or disbad, it feels wrog if you then see those farming groups fully geared because of...well...not trying. That said, and as i said before, unless i see them belittling a lpayer for not having full gear (which has happened) the it doesnt really conflict with me, by all means, carry on.

And lastly, i truly, really, really, really just wanted to read opinions this time, there's o glitch or exploit been abused, and real money is being payed, so i guess i'm no one to say "don't do this". All i wated was to read POVs (btw ty for yours).

It is not uncommon for me to find out someone's logic points a flaw in mine, or finding out that i was completely standing on a mistake; as i was telling someone the other day, some days ago i started reading a rude-ish and quite mistaken forum reply and thinking "What a moron!? Who's this guy?"...turned out to be one of my old replys :D
    • Like x 1
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Believe me i'm not jelly, when i've been jelly i've said so.
    What i feel "wrong" about this thing happening is that some groups try for hours and get green loot while some people get fully geared for actively not trying (never thought that sentence could actually mean something).

Now, it is not jelly, i'm known for my ridiculous amounts of name changes, so i'm the least indicated person to tell someone how to use or not their money, i just stated how i felt with the intent to know how others feel, some people took offense but that hardly can be attributed to me, "We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."

I know that someone could just come here as say "Look, i think that so and so" and i'd probably find out my perspective was wrong, some valid points have been raised, but so far, most of the comments have been "You are wrong because i'm right, you elitist, jelly, wrong, noob, etc" (for both sides of the argument), not much enlightening i can find there, i feel that this thread took the into a figer pointing warzone instead of a debate.

I can't agree more on this, a boss is a boss, tho if you ask me, effort should be rewarded more, this especially in an elite raid and even more speaking of gear that is supposed to be an elite reward, yet, once again, this is solely my opinion, not a fact.
    • Like x 1
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And this is why elite gear should be removed from the game or only awarded on the last boss.

I have seen many full gear players have no idea on how to play the game. Raids are a community instance, we work together to complete content. Screaming, complaining, bickering, etc...does not help complete content. Stating you are better or your league is better than a PUG group is not helping. Instead stay calm, discuss the issues at hand and work at a team to resolve them.

Nope what I see from the so called elite players that decide to PUG is this. They leave after 2-3 failed attempts. Before they leave that state - this is a 20 minute run with my league. Than they leave.

Typically after said elitiest leaves the content is beaten.

Was it the elite player who was the problem? Yes and No.

Not from the DPS or support stand point. From the communication stand point he or she was the problem because instead of trying to help the group they complained about how bad the group was.

I have dealt with an elite player who by the way was the loweest DPS complain about my power to them. I had no idea what the complaint was about as they were fully powered during the whole run and enemies were debuffed.

Tanks from elite groups take off and rarely communicate expecting a PUG group to run with them and know that is how their league does it.

Trolls from elite groups from my experience rarely use power dumps because that is how their league does it.

Healers, LMAO...I'm not going there...

I'm not stating all players with full elite gear are like this. But when an issue comes up it is typically around how bad the group is and how good they are as a player. And like I pointed out above, they leave the instance and it gets completed.

Seen it in all instances from AnB to today as AnB was top content when I started playing DCUO.

Now these same players also typically spam the first two bosses and have not beaten elite content. I saw it with DC elite. A full 137 Ice DPS that never beat DC Elite. I beat DC elite day one on all my toons. DC Elite was super easy.

I have yet to play UM Elite or BD Elite as I have no desire to go into those instance to prove anything.

If I do go into them it is to finish off a elite style and feats; I will go back when I'm over geared. I have no reason to grind the content now as I will lose interest in running BD or UM and that is not something I want at this time.
    • Like x 1
  6. E Clip Dedicated Player

Asking for Elite gear to drop only on last boss is a bit too much and kind of unfair. What can be done though, is have the last boss drop specific gear pieces that can be obtained only by beating him. My vote goes to Weapon Boxes and/or Utility Belts with 2 wildcard slots, because imo those are the two most valued pieces.
    • Like x 2
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'll leave it at that^
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I know this has worked in the past, but under monthly content our subs just don't cover enough runs to beat the RNG before the raid is obsolete. I can see an OP item or Utility belt but not weapon boxes or anything critical.
    • Like x 1
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I think it would also be great if they added elite gear to the RD system, but the plan to craft it only drops from the last boss. I just need the head from UM elite, so I would be willing to invest hours fighting elite trigon if I knew I could get a plan to craft it.
  10. krytine Loyal Player

W
    Hy not limit how many replays can be used in a week or 24 hours . The devs get there money players get to try something a few times over and those just trying to hit it and quit on the first boss will be limited
    • Like x 2
  11. Ichiro Loyal Player

I really don't have a problem with people farming 2 bosses under the current reward system as it stands now. With random drops you could beat the entire raid and have nothing so the rewards system does not match the effort. If they change the system to where you have to beat last boss to get a specific piece then that piece need to be guaranteed every time or the system will not work.

How I think elite reward system should work is elite just drops rare gear and they add a socket on rare gear for elite gear activation mod. After you beat the elite content you can craft those mods one per a completion for the pieces that you get that episode. It would then take 4 - 8 weeks depending on if you are in elite raid or alert to get your elite gear sockets activated without replays. The completion rate would match up nicely with the intended completion rate of rare gear.
  12. Ully Committed Player

Mmm.. here are my 2 cents..

1. Rules, Policy and terms of use. - Does the action of "Incomplete farming" correspond directly against the written guidelines?
    2. Why do other peoples choices, motives affect you?

I personally see this as non issue, tbh.
    • Like x 1
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

@OP

This is either a world class troll thread or you care way to much about how other people play and the rewards they get. If we were talking about cheats and exploits fine the fact you care people farm the first boss to gets the gear they want and it bothers you enough to rant on the forums.

Well the translation to that is really isn't about them at all it's about you.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

ELITE GEAR...so it should be the hardest to get pieces...

For this content it should be the CHEST. For the alert it should be the HEAD.

This way you are only able to get the full set if you beat it. It is a fair way of resolving the spamming first two boss issue that exist today.
  15. lanternknight Committed Player

What do you care? This game has always been each boss you beat gets you gear, and that's how it should stay. The real root of the evil is replay badge spamming. It is just ridiculous that the game turned into this replay spam fest. There is no point for vendor gear, alerts, or duos anymore. All people do is spam badges on what content gives the best gear and ignore the rest of the nd content. Smh. The only way things will change is to remove the ability for replay badges to reset content. That or put a limit to how many times content can be reset.
  16. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Or it would encourage people to stop spending Replay Badges the minute they can't beat last boss. Simple: you beat a boss in elite, you have your rng chance at elite gear. Any change to this, and the Devs are creating a problem.
  17. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

And then the issue becomes people screaming for the last boss to be nerfed to death because they can't get that piece.

Throw in a omnipotent piece drop(alwats happens if last boss beat) and a title, because I really feel that is all the complaining is about. The top 1% in game upset that a casual player that might not have the same skill level has been able to attain the exact same gear as the extremely skilled player.

For those complaining, that is what it sounds like: you aren't skilled, you only got the gear because you spammed 1st 2 bosses, I beat the raid I should have something you don't.
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Not much of a reader are we?
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Enough to comprehend satire, you?
  20. anzattipl Active Player

They farm not only the 1 and 2 boss and when they get the gear they escape or excuse themselves and 3 min later trade chat ''WTB Raid Reset'' and all over again only players that dont have badges or are fine will stay to the last boss.