Incomplete Elite farming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Please read my additional replies and come back to me.
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Perhaps adding the most valuable piece of equipment to be available after beating the last boss, like the weapon boxes or maybe a utility belt with 2 wildcard slots (see what I did there) is the way to go. People will go nuts over those 2 items.
  3. comrade sonya Committed Player

A lot of you seem to be missing the obvious reward of an extra chance at loot, 3 is greater than 2. There doesn't need to be an extra reward the only thing it would satisfy are the ego's of those who can complete the last boss knowing others can't.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Whose more egotistical though the people that roam around acting like they're good because the beat the easy boss 20 times or the skilled player wanting a reward that's proportional there achievement.

Whether this be a piece of gear exvlusive to last boss table or something else remains to be seen
    • Like x 1
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

What difference does it make with players farming 2 bosses or 3 bosses?

And I disagree, if the chest only drops from last boss with the 3 other pieces on the table you know the odds are going to be cranked against getting the chest.

The issue is that the opinion you're advocating is extremely idealistic. If legs, waist, back drop from bosses 1 and 2 - then players will farm those bosses until the alert drops. They can farm the Elite alert for gear and go back for the chest when they are better geared. It really does not make a difference. The difficulty will never (intentionally) be set in such a way that it hinders replay token sales.

There are a couple trends that concern me, but they involve replays becoming a necessity due to a lack of relevant content. Where gear drops is not important if your sub does not cover sufficient opportunities to obtain the gear.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I haven't read any replies but I agree that it's total ****. It's actually embarrassing. This community, at large, is a complete joke and it doesn't surprise me that hardcore MMO players, the likes which exist in games like WOW and FF14, have no interest in touching DCUO.

It should change, but I don't expect it to change, because try hards fuel this game's revenue. I don't think the developers are malicious and did it on purpose. But I also don't think they're going to stop it from happening, either. Especially not when you see how ridiculous people are, constantly spamming the first 2 bosses.

Elite content and gear were supposed to be something extra and special for people who wanted more. They've just become an additional field from which to farm replay badges out of the player base, though.
  7. megamanzero Loyal Player

i dont see an issue with it
    • Like x 1
  8. comrade sonya Committed Player

Who are these people you're speaking of? :confused:
    I haven't come across anyone bragging about their gear and if I did I wouldn't care. Why? Because it doesn't hurt me in any way, this seems like a personal problem you're blowing out of proportion.
    • Like x 2
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

You're mistaken

The new reward system is only to reward the most deserving aka the ones who agree to pay as much as they have go to win.. Had nothing to do with skill
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Unless you're prepared to have a more logical and rational debate I will save my responses for people that have a larger degree of reason.
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think the point is that bragging about gear is the same as bragging about spending replay tokens... weather you beat last boss or not.
  12. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

they dev are making buku bucks off this they will not change it... its the same reason they haven't fix pvp yet.. it makes them no money so they dont care about it... its all about the almighty dollar
    • Like x 1
  13. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Add a omnipotent piece of gear and a title for beating last boss, that should make the 'elitists' happy. Otherwise I could care less, if people want to spend their money on 2 bosses that is on them.

The biggest thing I see here is that people want hoard beating last boss over others. If you put a specific gear drop (say the chest) only attainable by beating last boss, you set up a discriminate community (which we already have) by people not getting in groups because they are missing that 1 gear drop.

Again, leave it as is, or add an omnipotent item that affects stats but not CR, again due to how toxic this community is about CR requirements.

Understand if some of you get your wish that 1 piece is specific to the last boss, then you will eventually get people on the forums screaming for a nerf on last boss because they can't get that gear drop.
    • Like x 2
  14. comrade sonya Committed Player

I've continued to reply to your posts with logic and reason despite you not always replying and now you're going to act dismissive because I've brought up how nonsensical your aguement is? Good luck with this "conversation" you're trying to have :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

I honestly cannot relate I've never been bothered by what someobody else does that actually has no effect on me
    • Like x 1
  16. TheAkuma Well-Known Player

Simple solution. 1st boss you can only get 2 different pieces of Elite Gear ( the 2 lowest pieces) , 2nd boss 2 other pieces (the next 2 up) and then the final boss drops 4 pieces . The game used to be where you could only get certain pieces from certain bosses. This way goes back to that but also puts the better pieces at the end.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Only 4 pieces of gear are released during any episode.
  18. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Why bother yourself about what some try-hards are doing? Let them wastefully pump money into the game just for some gear that will be irrelevant very soon. If people can only get the full set by only doing two bosses then pity them if anything, all that gear and still cant beat the last boss in elite? What is the point?

Personally, I don't replay anything unless it's with my monthly replays and why would I when I can beat both versions of the raid with relative ease as both tank and DPS without any of the new gear. You have to ask yourself the question, why are these people even bothering? It's strange behavior to me.
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

It can have an effect on players who PUG, particularly with the AM system and CR differential dictating how much damage a player does. Somebody that spends $10-$20 to farm a raid for elite gear on the first week is more likely to be 'picked-up' first on LFG, now more than ever.
  20. comrade sonya Committed Player

And they have the same options, that have existed since launch, of forming their own group, running with like-minded people, or getting into groups that don't care.
    • Like x 1