Super powerful geared players causing issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SHEPHERD, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Delta795 New Player

I always laugh when my Fury kills the boss during the cut scene.
    • Like x 4
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Lmao. I want that name for my muni toon.
    • Like x 2
  3. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

A+
  4. krytine Loyal Player

If
    Your going 5o clamp do only the armor not the skill points we earned them grinned out the feats leave the skill points alone and if you have to stat clamp just do the gear
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Just one more reason why they should release a "walk in to all instances" teleporter mod. Could even release it to the Marketplace and charge like 200-400 SC (infinitely redeemeable).
    • Like x 3
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I think locking lower content for op players is wrong, but a solution would be removing them from the regular queue.
    Players at the right CR join the queue as always, op players that queue for this would simply be able to start it solo. They can form a group, of course, then queue, but they wouldn't join the regular queue just like everyone, the confirmation would pop up right away and they would enter. This would also help players who want to solo stuff as fast as possible without waiting for the queue.
    That's still something to think about, like for example raids. Would raids get the same treatment?
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Um, didn't they actually try doing something about this with "stat flattening" but then it caused so many problems with older content that they reverted it back? Since that fiasco I think they've decided to leave older content AS IS and just move forward with stat flattening on recent content.
    • Like x 2
  8. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

I'm a 104cr and eveytime I queue up for Knightsdome or any tier below me. I get stuck with these carried players and I tell them to either contribute or get out this is not a One man Gig. They usually ignore me so I take the boss right to them and they die so I wipe next just to see the frustrating tell's they send me like:

"STOP DOING THAT KILL THE BOSS ALREADY"
    "THE **** YOU DOING"
    "B*&^*^ get me through this already"

I usually laugh and have them die a couple more times til he either contributes or leaves. I don't carry pugs, I don't carry the lazy player, had them in league's didn't last long. Especially those players that make alt's and ask for help constantly just because they don't want to grind to 30. You don't want to level up by yourself fine. I'll help once your level 28.

On my better day's I usually help other players and or find a new player and tell him how things work around the game, mechanics, Sp, and whats to be expected by him if he sticks around and enters a raid where they've lost horribly and patience is thin.

Also when I go into duo's I usually split up I take one half the other guy or girl takes the other. No questions asked and its usually a smooth run unless I see them struggling then I go them and help them out cause if your trying than you got help
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Demon Pit is CR 131 to get into. No way a 116 showed up.
  10. Roomba Dedicated Player

DCUO is an MMO.

Let's remember what those first two, heck maybe just even that second letter stands for. It's a multiplayer game.

This mean you have the choice of making friends, maybe ones around your CR if you have an itch for that appropriately-tiered challenge.

Me pugging a duo or alert is not the highlight of my day. We will not be best buddies by the end of it. I won't /bow at the end, heck I won't even remember your name. All I want to do is get my marks and get out of there, I am not thinking about your doe eyes during this experience.

When I want fun and challenge in this game, I get my buddies and my league mates to do things that challenge us at our tier. This is what I've done for years, even when I make an alt and am gearing up all over again. Why can't you do the same?
    • Like x 1
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

Something like that. With the stat flattening older content got much harder while rewards were pretty much non-existent. Queue times skyrocketed, with people waiting hours to get into content that took at least twice as long to do with no guarantee of success.

This game does not have the influx of people to be able to handle stat clamping. It barely handles stat-flattening and they had to add incentives for endgame players to help.
    • Like x 1
  12. akaivy Dedicated Player

not trying to be argumentative - just asking a question.

Is the minimum CR requirement based on your actual CR or your geared CR. If actual, then he could be 131 but be wearing gear that showed him as 116.

Honestly, I don't know if this is possible, just asking to learn.

AND TO THE OP: I will tell you what I get told way too many times: LFG.
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

It's total CR, so you're right in that you can meet the requirements in one armory, but switch to a much-lower armory and still queue in.
  14. akaivy Dedicated Player

Thanks.
  15. BluePlusYellow Well-Known Player

I've done that once with the"prize" I was was like no way sweet I been trying to destroy that since its been out and now I know what happens .i did it back in T6 great though I've only done it once you have to hit it for insane amount to do that though I haven't been in that duo in about a year. Kinda ports challenge on something that should be way too easy for someone t7 or higher
  16. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

What I don't get is... with mods for teleporters, why can't they create a mod that allows players to select from a list of older content so they can go into it solo?!? Seems like this would be something easy to incorporate into the game without a lot of redesign.
    • Like x 2
  17. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

OOOOOOOOO...that sounds fun. Imma try that :D
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think something got lost in translation. I have no clue what you're trying to say.
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

What I got out of it is that he is suggesting that they clamp the stats from gear, but make stats from SPs meaningful and remain unclamped during said clamped instances.
    • Like x 1
  20. krytine Loyal Player

When you get stat clamped not only do they nerf ur gear stats but also what you get from your skill points. I was saying dc should not stat flatten our skill points just the gear when you run lower content or in pvp