Super powerful geared players causing issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SHEPHERD, Nov 8, 2015.

1. SHEPHERD Active Player

Hopefully this stays floated till Monday, so some green name or another can see it.

The supermegahyperoverlypowered players are able to cause some unintended problems to appear in older content. Just got my new atomic toon to T5, (yay!) and during the Gotham Knightsdome Duo, an overgeared player was able to obliterate "The Prize" (a giant xbox, lol), which triggered both the first boss fight (Dr. Light) as well *** the 6 waves of minions.

Blasty McKillemall did away with them, thankfully, but I think this highlights what at least one of the problems with balance is happening in game.

Do something about it? Plz?
    • Like x 13
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

The only people that can one shot that cube are the same people that can handle all those adds, right? So there shouldn't be a problem? That's how I'm thinking about it at least
    • Like x 16
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i just wavedoxed blasty mckillemall.

he's not that op...
    • Like x 9
  4. The Quickster Well-Known Player

okay so you got into a duo with an over geared player and stayed because you thought he/she wasn't going to kill everything in one shot?
    wut?
    • Like x 6
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It's still a issue
    • Like x 2
  6. Dibrie Committed Player

tier lock, no more Solo queuing 2 tier below, only full groups can.

Should happen 2 years ago
    • Like x 1
  7. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No it shouldnt. I'll explain something to you, if u que up for anything (except alerts with role optional off) u get what u get. If u want something specific then lfg, shout, league chat or your friends list is where u go.
    I que up for the new duo get a fresh cr116 troll (think that is the lowest). I have 2 options try to finish it or leave.
    • Like x 17
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I do think over burning mechanics is bad. Take scarecrow in arkham. Kill to quick glitch him. Take t1 dou city hill. Kill arkillo kilowog to quick. It glitches
    • Like x 3
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

What's the issue he que'd got a partner and got his loot. If he didn't like what the que gave him, there is the door.
    • Like x 9
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No they fixed scarecrow was just in there the other day u can't kill him to fast he just resets to the part where he changes forms.
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But be honest. It happen for years. Over burning mechanics leads to glitches In dcuo.
  12. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I don't disagree, but he is complaining about a high cr in a duo, not that it glitches it uncompletable content.
    I stand by my earlier quote, dont like what the que gives u,leave. Or save yourself the trouble and make a group.
    • Like x 8
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

He's not complaining about the high cr. He's complaining the high CR spawn the adds plus the boss. Thus over burned it
    • Like x 2
  14. SHEPHERD Active Player

Trying to pretend it's not a problem isn't going to help, and soon enough you and the other players will have abandoned the game.

Back to reality, every time a new power is released, this issue will surface again and again, and only get worse with time. Players starting from scratch don't want to have their experience ruined, especially when starting from scratch is one of the best excuses for revisiting old content. As it stands, all the game's classic group content is a mere shadow of its former self.

I know entering any kind of optional "I only want to group with others my own CR" setup will only backfire with the player having to wait another hour in the queue (population issues are apparent right now). Maybe, at the very least, nerfing Blasty McKillemall's damage output can at least prevent things from dying waaaaaay too fast. If the tradeoff is that the boss can't likewise kill the OP player, due to their defense stats and all that still being inflated, then at least the other at level players will remain squishtastic and have to worry about contributing to damage as well as keeping their own squishy buddies alive, at least.

I mean, that's more than a fair trade. I know people want to 'feel powerful', but you'd be powerful enough if your damage stats were clamped at the best for that tier, but you still had the ultra defense for T7/etc. You should able to consistently burn the bosses down faster than they can KO you. Plus, you can heal. Most of them can't. With as few support roles as there are in the queues, I don't think it'd be needed to clamp them, in this case.

Edit: Forgot that post. When Blasty McKillemall blew up the Prize, he was distracted with the minions, due to their proximity to the box, but then went to stomp on Dr. Light. I, on the other hand, was on the other side of the box, so I was jumped by Dr. Light, though held my own long enough to get to the healing shard. After a few, Blasty came back and started kicking Light in the nards, repeatedly, while the adds continued to spawn. If I wasn't aware of their movement angle, I could have been taken out. Blasty wasn't coming to my rescue, so much as just trying to get rid of objective A. I maneuvered so that the adds noticed Blasty first. I couldn't drownded, Gilbert.
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 2
  16. Vodka Committed Player

Why clamp at all, though?

Why not just allow people to que for anything as a solo act? Or make more walk-ins? Why should you have to wait for someone to que to do any content how you like to do it?

I know it's an MMO, but if the game were geared more towards allowing anyone with skill to solo at-level rather than needing to be overgeared, I'd be soloing a lot more content. It can be more enjoyable when you don't have to play with a meathead on either end, who either wants to rush everything or has zero knowledge of the game and doesn't listen to you.

It's an endless cycle of madness. You want feat A, but you have to wait for idiot B, who won't listen to you C, so you leave or rush it to make sure he doesn't screw you up D, then he cries in a thread about you leaving/rushing E... or you want to enjoy the content A, but you keep getting paired with idiot B, who won't listen to you C, so you end up never learning D, then he cries in a thread about you never learning E...

Which leads to F where everyone just wants to play how they want to play but insists that their minority voice be heard and screw the other player, and finally G, where no one is willing to take it upon themselves to police their own experience when people tell them to LFG.

Feat Achieved: We Love to Complain (50 points)
    • Like x 12
  17. SHEPHERD Active Player

Is that what happened in Arkham? I was in there yesterday and two SuperUltraStreetFighterIITurbos were in there. One of them was kind enough to ask if I or the other at-level player needed the Alice Sinner nightmare feat. I said I didn't, but the other person might. While he was asking, I noticed the boss had vanished. I hadn't played the mission in years, and I saw that the fear meter kept going up and thought it was normal. One guy takes a smoke break and the other two wait around, while I mess with the weird repulse effect on the stretcher for a bit. Smokey comes back at 98 percent, and we're ready to kick butt, and nothing happened.

Going by what you said, the boss was killed just prior to Smokey asking if the feat was needed.

Haven't seen the Arkillo thing yet. I know if you nuke Sinestro hard enough in the last boss fight, he stays down but Manhunter and Arkillo still appear.

Remember, not only are SUSF2Turbos over powered, but they can ramp it up further with the supply drop boost and other trinket items. There's potentially a of event flags that could be breakable/broken because of this.

What was the point of admitting to the gear stat scaling issue and have gear set stats adjusted, if another form of the problem basically undoes all of that effort? Is it really just to utilize crazy geared players as a vehicle to power level under geared players into higher and higher content ASAP? If so, is that really the standard that is to be held for all of the company's games? Are we going to see that in EQN or H1Z1?

If this is just the way it's going to be, I can accept that. I had at least 3 good enough years with the game, and if I have to force myself into retirement, so be it. I can only see it as a problem until it's been declared intentional, officially. Can somebody do this?
  18. Dibrie Committed Player

Hi there,

Seeing of the quality of life aspect and gameplay experience pov and for the new player base
    Quing or making a group are tied 2 each other as a component of the current model.

If a T7 player need to q up for anything below his own tier for more than 2 tiers, the player or the game have slacking on many points.
    But that's an other discussion, the OP has stated a problem, that need to picked up, we need new player's.

And carrying or to fast leveling cause to many problems seeing at the quality of player aspect.
    These kinda tread are common in synergize with players at that don't know how to play their role at Endgame.

Or the why he leave ? treatd seeing getting common these days, But you right on 1 thing tho, If one really need to be super OP geared to grab feats/style use the tools we have ingame, but this OP queuing up solo and ruin other people experience ( read learn to play a role) need to stop and a tier lock is the most efficient and simple way to go, unless you have formed your own group.

So what was you to try me to explain tho ?

Greets Dibrie
    • Like x 3
  19. Dibrie Committed Player

It's a big issue that need to picked , for the quality of player at endgame period !

So as a hardcore pvper, i can imagine that are far more importants things to fix, issue is one of them.

So he right tho ^^
  20. SHEPHERD Active Player

I do want to say this: Today (well, last night, technicalliy) I encountered a few turbos, as I now dub them forever, holding back in damage, using simple weapon combos instead of WM or AM spam. To these players, self aware of this situation and issues it causes, and their choice to prevent ruining the fun factor, I say thankee sai. The gesture is appreciated. Knuckles on the screen, chaps.
    • Like x 3