For the Final War of Light Battle Against Nekron...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Oct 28, 2015.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

... I'd very much like to get turned into a Black Lantern if I go down and nobody revives me.

Yes, Nekron must say "RISE" when I do.

Yes, I will attack my teammates at that point and turn them into Black Lanterns too.

Thank you for your consideration.

(This should especially happen in the Elite version)
    • Like x 18
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Maybe you'll get lucky and get that as the new lantern power
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Can you explain more about your vision for how this works?

All I'm seeing is a bunch of people dying, then coming back as Black Lanterns, but staying there not killing their team mates who are trying to beat the instance. Is there a reward for killing your team mates?

Or do you mean more in the sense of your die, Nekron revives you and then AI controls your character as it attacks your team mates?

The latter part sounds like a great mechanic.
    • Like x 3
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The latter. I think actually being able to attack your teammates yourself would not only lead to some intense griefing, it would probably break the game. ;)

(It's more for flavor than mechanics)
    • Like x 4
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I actually want this too. Encourage teamwork or there is a penalty for being selfish. Let the AI take over your toon and become an add.
  6. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Perseus Chase Committed Player

In elite you can only be pick up twice........so that will punish the group for nothing........imagine the careless DPS in there and can't stay alive for 2 second.
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

If they implement this, I'm so dying on purpose :p
    • Like x 5
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Black Lantern/Shadow powers would be awesome. And the powerset already exists, just saying...
  10. megamanzero Loyal Player

we dont die though. we get knocked out
  11. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

That's why he's suggesting we should "die" and have Nekron revive our toon.
    • Like x 1
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

so actually die?
  13. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Sorry, I'm not really sure what part you don't understand.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I really like the idea of that, to be honest. I'd kill myself all the time, to see AI Controlled Corrupted Torikumu wipe the group :p
    • Like x 1
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Well, Black Lanterns aren't actually dead characters in DCUO. They're merely infected by the Corruption of The Black.

Getting knocked out would probably make one vulnerable to such an infection, yes? :D
    • Like x 1
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

AI: The using the down bodies of your allies does sound pretty cool. (Probably the better version for this game)

Player Controlled: Demon's Souls had a mechanic while in soul form a boss could summon you to help defeat another player. Why would someone hurt someone else progress possibly their friends. Well if you help the boss defeat the other person you would get one of the best drops in the game plus I believe your body back.
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yes, I want to kill my own teammates. Turn me into NPC that I cannot control.
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

So leave a potentially cool one of a kind machanic out for a dps that has no buisness being there?
    This idea is crazy enough to be epic.

Id like to further it a tad and say if nekron raises us we as a group has the ability to ko said player and regain him. Like we do for hal jordan in the solo. We beat him and then that guys draws the black lantern out of him. Would be super sick great idea op
    • Like x 1
  19. Ken Spartan Committed Player

I like what OP suggested, it's actually similar to what happened with the battle against Hades. I think there could be a feat for doing so, but only a 10 point feat, so as to guarantee people are getting wiped on purpose all the time. I think he means we'd still control our character, they'd just be zombie-like, and have a minor black lantern loadout.
  20. Ken Spartan Committed Player