What happened to FNL?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WhiteW0lf, Sep 18, 2015.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I don't know if this was announced or anything so I apologize if it was, but I was away for a little while and may have missed it.

I don't ever get to participate in chat during the live feed because I'm always at work when they do it but I usually go back and watch the playback on YouTube. Well I went into YouTube to do that tonight and saw that the most recent one was back in June.

So I checked the FNL thread, and went back several pages in the announcements thread and didn't see anything about any episodes after that, or anything about them saying they were going to stop. So, my question is, where has FNL gone? Also, what ever happened to Superpatriot??
  2. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The devs gave up on pvp. :( I want it comes back too.
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

FNL wasn't just pvp though, they also did PVE challenges. That last episode back in June was pretty hilarious.
  4. Owl Devoted Player

You can check Superpatriot's recent posts here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?members/superpatriot.1105/

Other links to Superpatriot:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaddysHouse?feature=mhee
    https://twitter.com/TheDaddysHouse
    https://www.facebook.com/TheDaddysHouse?ref=hl

Negative, rude, abusive, offensive, obscene, disrespectful, uncivil, foul, impolite and vulgar comments during past livestreams may have contributed to the lack of scheduled livestreams.
    • Like x 1
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Since people got tired of watching pve challenges. Watching PVP is more fun than watching people do challenges. The livestream numbers can account for that. PVP was the heart and soul of FNL. Since pvp is gone/broken. FNL lost its luster.

But look on the brightside. At least we have monthly livestream about new content.
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Do you have anything to back this up or this an assumption? Don't get me wrong you have every right to whatever impression you perceive, I'm just asking to find out if anything was actually officially stated on the matter. Personally, I enjoyed both equally.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Thank you. I had already searched them though prior to asking. My question is, why was his last episode 2 months ago? And I guess having FNL being MIA just kinda goes hand in hand with not seeing much of him, since he used to put together the teams alot.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is there a reason they stopped ?
    • Like x 1
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Still trying to figure that out myself lol.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

It wasnt stated by any dev. Just perception on my part. When FNL was on and it was a PVE challenge I noticed the number is alot lower. 200-500 viewers lower than your PVP tournament FNL or Legends PVP. But IMO that is mainly due to the pvp population that had up an vanished between late last year and early this year.
    • Like x 1
  11. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Couldn't they have just blocked, banned, or otherwise ignored those people? That's what they always tell us to do whenever someone's engaging in such behavior in-game.

I know for a fact many players in-game have suffered through much much worse than what is said in those streams ( i do watch most of them) and devs and CS encourage us to keep playing and not let those idiots ruin our fun.

I would like to convey the same message to them, especially Spytle who seems to get the most vitriol spewed his way. He's made thousands upon thousands of people happy with a fun game. That's what should count, not the vocal minority who hate for the sake of hating.
    They need to be a bit more like this guy.
    [IMG]

Imagine if all the people who have been bullied, harassed, insulted etc in the game just quit, they game would be even emptier. I think it's incredibly sad they let themselves be oppressed by idiots like that.
    • Like x 5
  12. Silent Rage Well-Known Player

The twitch page says it's on hiatus for the summer.
    • Like x 3
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

What he said. Its on summer break and will return on a later date.
  14. Stark23 Committed Player

The last one was scheduled for a Brazilian Fighters PVE Challenge, that tells you everything you need to know about the state of FNL's.
    • Like x 1
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Ah ok good to know thank you.
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Cause we still haven't forgotten what league is next in line for FNL.
    • Like x 2
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Which one is it?
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Lets sign up for a WhiteW0lf/Mint Stiletto FNL to showcase whatever new Duo is about to come out:)

But yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, I rarely get to see them happen live....I watch the replays and it does endear us to our devs, Mepps and Spytle are fun to watch!

Maybe they should start looking for just regular schmucks like us for shows? Does it always have to be leagues?
    • Like x 1
  19. Ichiro Loyal Player

what you talking about Willis?:p
    • Like x 1
  20. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

This certain league is known for quiting