Elite Alerts( Good start to bring back support roles)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Aug 22, 2015.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Lol that's hard to pull off as an ice dps
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I know he flew under the radar so long because everyone thought he was tanking
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

I completly disagree bud. Why run a second healer when we are like 10 cr worth of resto higher than we need 2 be? A 121 healer id run any content in game with as a solo healer. How?

People running one troll....... I gotta question which one of us is the idiot. Lol could be me but id take the extra stuns an because u know I respect my teamates I like making sure the trolls, healer and tank have and endless supply of power. Trolls or solo trolls do NOT do as good as people seem 2 think. I know my job as a troll is to CC anything that gets to my teamates. If the tank misses em its my job 2 get um. U stun an ad an he resists well u try agian while pushing power to a healer who is spamming because the ads wrecking the group. At this point we know the tanks working on pulling the ad also.

% 99 of the trolls cant handle all of this. As a result the tanks playing conservave power the entire instance. Healers well nature suddenly is ever so popular and yea again trolls are closer to batteries again then regular trolls.

The power backs a horrible horrible reason to drop a troll and makes me question ones understanding of the troller role. Old days u had two great trolls and trolls coukd stun everything always while debuffing everything everyway possible and all along everyone had an endless supply of power. Rare. Once power back came 2 be it was heavenly as a troll as we could carelessly play and enjoy our roles full potential. We could go back 2 being the 2nd highest damage class without effort and help ru s go way smother.

At the end 8 people are needed so I wanna make sure 8 people not 5 dps get to fully enjoy hassel free their runs. Solo trolling reduces that with the over whelming % of players we have in 2days dcuo.
  4. BigDaddyDru New Player

The Developers are INCAPABLE of stopping "Skill & Tactics". When a group of 4 DPS Players can fly through Fatal Exams in 9 minutes when it first launched, that's just simply "Skill & Tactic".

When a group of 3 DPS Players and 1 Support role can fly through the upcoming Elite Alert (And TRUST me, it WILL happen), that is "Skill & Tactic".

I've said it time and again that the Élite & Competent playerbase set the standards for the rest of the community to follow. If we can get that Elite Alert CONSISTENTLY done in 10-15 minutes, obviously any sensible player is GOING to want to follow that exceptional performance.

Faster Content Completion = More Loot Chances = Time Saved to commit to other things (Real Life for example)

No sensible human being is going to choose a 20 minute setup IF they are Competent enough to form a 10 minute group setup. It's just Human Nature. We WILL find the "Fastest, Easiest and most CONSISTENT" way to get the job done.

So in conclusion, no. You're wasting your time with this "false hope" of more support roles in the Upcoming Elite Alert. Just as I mentioned on the Test Server, the Élite & Competent playerbase will be running BOTH the Normal AND Elite Versions of the Alert with AT LEAST 3 DPS players. By these player's standards, anything less than 3 DPS is not necessary to complete the Alert and is therefore considered "a waste of time".

It's not to discourage you from forming your own group setup, but even you will eventually follow the example set by the Élite & Competent playerbase. Like I said before, you can try and argue the need for more support roles, but ALL sensible and rational players WILL choose the "Fastest, Easiest and most CONSISTENT" method to get the job done, whatever that may be.

As always > Stay Competent! ;)
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This is exactly what I thought when they announced elite alerts:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/elite-alerts-will-be-good-for-roles.249168/

No way people will skip the elite alert with 123 gear dropping and the new loot lock policy. I have never ran an elite alert because of the shared loot lock, but I will run the elite alert every week (or 2 weeks) when it resets. I think it's great that you need all 4 roles. I remember from the original AF2 release running the alerts every day with all 4 roles. I think it will be fantastic. :D
  6. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I'm elite and all but I'm sure my league isn't going to drop support roles for a damn Elite Alert just to shave off 10 mins...
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont blame them. If you start out a new toon in this game fresh you can see how much better playing as a dps is. Playing 4 dps alerts for area 51, gorilla island, etc is much more efficient playing as 4 dps using AMs.

So much to the point where this gets carried into t1-t4.

So here we are at t7 where support roles supposedly have a time to shine in this alert. September will be very interesting.

If it fails, well, then everyone will just go to Destiny, ESO, or FFXIV because they are all launching, DLCs/Patches/ Expansions that month too.
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Gee funny I can remember the days when there got to be two healers and if I ran as healer I always was third dps and if anything only behind heals by 100k (which again the healing score technically is always harder to truly account for it has to deal with who heals quicker).

I dislike the current community trend of 5-1-1-1 for new content but to be fair most of the content can be done just utilizing that setup and considering most people in the game are dps well they are always easier (well almost) harder to find. Too bad more than half the dps population don't truly know how to utilize their skills and powers to the full potential and thing there the most amazing thing in the universe.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is true. However I think there are many dps out there who like 5-1-1-1 only because it broadens the competition. In the past it was you were 1/3 dps, now its 1/5 so you have more people you can beat. Which only proves that the scoreboard is still the root of all evil in this game.
    • Like x 1
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Um say what? Bud I was refering to t5 with the OC DLC. resto at that point scaled out of wack and is still outta sorts. Ur lime 10 cr worth of resto OP as is. As far as a second healer I am not sure how that ca, e up or why ud be bragging abojt bei g a poor healer. A long time vet calls a healer concerned with damage as the healer we use to run with. Healers talking damage, smh. Id think u missed my point. People having a lack of game knowledge of a trolls job and resto being scaled wrong is what I see causing this. Om well also content so easy a child can do it. Anyway bud good day
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You're referring to a time when two trolls were required, what I was referring too was back even further than that (and for the record I found plenty of groups to double heal nexus and dox with and I was out damaging and healing than too).

For the record, a few folks on this forum have ran with me in game, they would never say I'm was a bad healer but apparently you thought I was saying I was one *rolls eyes*. Some of us found how to damage heal before battle healing was a thing (granted those who truly started the battle healing rage have made it far more of an art form).

Long story short, you missed my point, no one should be trying to tell anyone how to run or what they think the best group make up is. I know lots of tanks who can handle their jobs with only one trolls, I know a few trolls who know how to do both parts of their jobs... crowd control and power,, and can back the tank up as well. I have quite a few healer friends and due to the community's support banning ways... well I form my groups in order to complete content and have fun with my friends.
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

You must not see a lot of trash DPS then, because they can easily do under half the damage of a good player even when they're using ice. It's kind of impressive actually how bad some people manage to screw things up.
    • Like x 2
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

I think we are missing each others points. My point is we need two controllers right now despite running one. Instead of developing battle trolls as we should of we carry a scrubby dps raid after raid. Sad. Not sure what power u are as a healer but there is a reason why the bugs so popular all of a sudden. As a tank I am in current content and I can tell u I manage my power. Why? One troll is not enough. Yes ill be fair and say I use alot of power. So what we should be able to. I heal and I have 2 go into bug form so often again because I am managing power. Trolling is fun when u got a great team and a quality trollmate. Any and everything can have any and every debuff anything even looking at the group can be stunned until the tank can get to em. Or we can simply control them until they are dead.

Solo trolling and one add is resistant and gets into the team. I am suddenly trying everything to stun him and or the tank is now spamming a pull to get em. Somethings not debuffed and clearly the troll pushing as much powrr as possible is not 4th on the damage board as intendend.

My poj t is get over yourselves dps and understand its a team. 8 guys should be able to go nuts and fully enjoy the run. Not need to manage power or all but go back to being a battery. 8 guys having fun. Its beyond frustrating haveing a newbie healer and dieing cause I am turtled hoping I get enohgh juice to defend myself.

Lastly I appologize u took it I was refering to u as a bad healer. % 100 shoulda said that better but man ur post was like from left field. My very 1st league leader had high skill points on multiple toons. Guy would wake up 2 hours b4 work run daily content then work then run group content with us. Weekends he was up early also and yes his healer and troll was Op in damage. I get early on in the game people did this but by mo means did I get tjat impression from u. Ah well error on my part so again sorry
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

We do have two different perspectives but again you missed the point. You think running with two trolls is important, it's your opinion. That is your perspective.

My perspective and the point that I made was that you should run with the group you want to.. .without trying to force others to play the way you want to play. I could have stated my point slightly clearer perhaps.

I should have quoted a smaller part of your post because most of it is just filler of why you have your perspective, I could give a more detailed one on why I have mine but it wouldn't matter... in either scenario there are people out there who can solo troll, solo tank and solo heal, not all the people who do these things are really good enough to truly accomplish it but they can most often muddle through.

Happy playing
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

it'll be exploited for the better part of a month or 2. Like HH, throne, bombshell and the many others before those.

me personally imma replay the elite alert lol, with my league only of course :p

screw randoms, the only random I will ever play with for said alert will be my buddy drac anyone else can GTO lmao

ofc felonous and few other leagues know whats up ;)
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

DPS check?
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how TF does that happen lol

I would of kicked him not joking, if he wasnt doing objectives / picking up 90% of the time he'd be kicked.
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Can't q without all r roles
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Because his damage was so low people thought he was the tank. After the 3rd wipe on boss I got a tell asking if I tanked the whole run our if he did. I replied I was abd we were all like wtf. We did once we realiZed
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

lol yea if your ever on through out the day and needa DPS send me a tell :D

mental (none exploiter here :D ) 178sp CR131 DPS / CR131 troll

villain side - Average DPS