Power regeneration

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by coco, Aug 3, 2015.

1. coco Committed Player

Ok so I thought it was just me noticing that since the past couple updates our power regeneration has gotten worse and worse. I noticed the update notes over the past couple dlc's said something about power regeneration changing but I had no idea it was going to be this bad. Ok on my ice I was using cold snap in my rotation because of the supposed power regen only to find out it was a waist of time it only gives a smidgen (like 1/10 of power back if that) of power but deals absolutely no damage so obviously a waist a time as a dps. But then I noticed the same power regen problem on my sorcery not quite as bad as my ice but still noticeable. But then last night I was playing with a friend that has a mental & nature that she is having the same problem. Ok but here's the kicker we were in t7 duo I had boo junior up & was standing in a resto barrel while hitting ranged it didn't even give me 1/2 a bar of power. See before these past few updates I never had power problems so clearly something has changed and it clearly needs to be fixed considering I'm not the only person noticing this and considering that under my stats tab it's says power is a tad under 6000 this is a huge concern when I'm not in group with a troll! Please fix this devs! If anyone else is having the same problem or has suggestions please do comment.
  2. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

Careful what you wish for. This recent bout of power regeneration changes (which who asked for?) is likely the devs way of "fixing" the controller class. Rather than giving controllers more interesting mechanics they decide to redesignate them back to blue bar healers which is really no surprise at all.
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

I have had the same problem with my ice and nature toons running out of power while performing the Am correctly. I haven't used nature that much so i assumed it may be something I am doing wrong even though the am is pretty simple and I never had trouble prior to the update. With ice I used the AM a lot prior to the power regen thing and never ran out of power. Now my ice toon is out of power within 3 rotation and the powers that are supposed to grant power regen don't not regen the entire amount of power. The ony thing I can say is power regen is the death of AM's
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I have sorcery abd fire toons and have no issue unless I mess up. I also have no issues solo trolling a raid full of ice fire sorcery gadgets toons. In most instances I find bastion(power sc) to be pointless. I kno munitions trolls that have went to biggun over a power sc because it's not needed.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Invest into VIT stats and it will make power regen better. I know from playing Earth toon. Vit goes a long way with power regen where as the power back just gave you almost 100% of what you used.
  6. Owl Devoted Player

If you get interrupted during a cycle, you may lose the power regeneration effect.
    Some powers refresh the power regeneration effect while other powers only benefit from it (but do not refresh).

Since you are Ice, try just this rotation with no other powers in Damage role:
    • Cold Snap > Ice Bash > Arctic Gust > Arctic Gust > Cold Snap > Ice Bash > Arctic Gust > Arctic Gust
    This should return most of the power used as long as you do not get interrupted and Arctic Gust hits a target.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

I could not find any dev description on what they wanted power regeneration to be. If any one know of the thread that can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I am just curious if is is supposed to regenerate all of the power used or just a portion of the power. It would seem from the results of my testing last night that it is only returning a portion of the power or is not activating all of the time when using the power.

I noticed with my ice character last night that if i clipped cold snap and ice bash together too quick I didn't get regen, and it seemed that regen sometimes returns all of the power but sometimes it does not return all of the power or regeneration is not activating all of the time. My rotation was cold snap, ice bash, artic gust done in my lair so i wouldn't get power back from a sparing target. The result was a total loss of all power within about 3 rotations but power regen was happening some of the time but not all of the time. I also did just cold snap and artic gust spam, which worked to keep endless power on this character pre-power regeneration, also resulted in eventual power loss post power regeneration update.
  8. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

I also think them changing the munition power back mechanic in the upcoming GU is a HUGE mistake.......that no one asked for or wanted.....
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

What is your rotation for ice. I have no problem with power on my ice ever.
    • Like x 1
  10. chaotic3430 Committed Player

That is why on my Fire I keep Flame Cascade. Though not a heavy hitter, it is a max range attack that hit instantly and is one of the three powers that renew the AM, as to where Fireburst and Mass Det both have 1.9-2.2 second cast times. So if interrupted, I break out and instantly hit Flame Cascade to keep my AM active and go right back into my Fireburst (Mid range) or Mass Det (Max range) rotations.
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

Vit doesn't affect power regeneration.
  12. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

How about power heal crits? Or is the power regeneration a flat rate, no chance to crit?

I need to prep for when they apply the regeneration hammer on mental...someday :).
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

Flat rate, no crits. If you want to increase the effective power regenerated increase your power pool, not your vit. The speed or degree to which power regeneration and health regeneration work is based off your total health/power pool, not vit or resto.
  14. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Oooh, nice. It's like City of Heroes all over again. I guess the 25% power chest mod could be beneficial to those who tend to run out of power... but I bet most will still stick with the Core Strength.
  15. coco Committed Player

Thanks for the suggestions I'll try some & hopefully it will be at least tolerable afterwards but ultimately the power problem will still be there cause as I said I was standing in a resto barrel, had boo junior out and was hitting ranged with not even getting 1/2 power bar back.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

Yeah, it's best for dps to just stick with Core Strength.
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

You mentioned having Boo Junior up but he has nothing to do with power. He boosts might, attacks, and shields you but doesn't restore power.

And also, you aren't supposed to get half of your power back following one rotation.
  18. coco Committed Player

Yea your right my bad on boo, thought he gave power back been a while since using him. Not saying should get half power back & not sure what we're suppose to get back after rotation but seems to be much less than what it was before. Thanks again.
  19. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Maybe this intended, as a way to give controllers more importance. I mean if a dps could restore 100% of its power bar the 100% of the time controllers wouldn't be useless, because tanks and healers still need power... but you get the idea.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

For me the reason we went from power back to power regen is statues in the league hall should be for controllers and not DPS. Second, it bring about a reason to have two controllers again. Previously it was easy for a group to go with one due to power back mechanic, this allowed the single troll to power the group and debuff adds without too much trouble. Now with power regen, we may see more 2 troll parties. Maybe....