More tech based powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Galil ACE, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

We only have munitions and gadgets, we need healers and tanks as well.
    • Like x 1
  2. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Suggestions? (not that I disagree just wondering what kind of powers you would want for each role)
    • Like x 1
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

Lasers!

• Like x 3
  4. Owl Devoted Player

Light and Rage are Tech based powers. Power Rings are Tech.
    • Like x 4
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I like the idea but not sure what they cold come up with to make it work.... A tri-corder syle device could be used to provide healing but what else do you add to that power set to fill in the blanks and allow it to do damage? Same device could be used to add shields to protect team mates but ... what else? A ray gun maybe? Sort of a sci-fi tech set. And of course we'd have to come up with a different name besides tricorder to avoid the potential law suits LOL

Not sure how to accommodate TANKS unless they develop a power suit (Forgive me oh Gods of DC but the best example I can think of is IRONMAN). Again the armor could provide shields to help protect the tank an have a variety of weapons )Rocket launchers, etc) as weapon systems.

That' just real quick off the top of my head. I like the idea but I bet the Devs ould come up with even better ideas than those LOL
  6. Doc Voodoo New Player

Tech suit. Blue Beetle ,Lex Luthor , Steel, Stripes, (or android) Red Tornado....ect.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

Excluding Lanterns, Humanoid and Robotic tech like,

Cybernetic Tank

Wiring Healer
  8. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Blue Beetle nuff said....

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Light yes, Rage is actually a magical power. Sort of like a cursed artifact. It used Blood Magic that replaces your heart with the ring. So if you remove the ring, you die. I think in Lore, the Emotional Spectrum is a universe power that the rings associate with and channel, but Rage in particular was altered by Atrocitus' Blood Magic.
    • Like x 2
  10. Pults Loyal Player

11. Impulsively Committed Player

Serums would have been a great tech based tank if they held up the idea of being based on Bane's injection of Venom.

But the thing is, you can sort of "engineer" almost any power to be tech based on your character concept. There are plenty of tech based ice, fire, electric, etc. heroes and villains in both DC and Marvel. It's all in how you look at your character and how you set their appearance.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Bane is just one character that uses serums for his power. Elongated Man uses a serum made of Gingold plant that allows him to stretch. Hourman uses Miraclo. And several more.

Definitely would be a tech based powerset. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

Same can be said about technically Rage is powered by Light just like the rest of the spectrums, you said it yourself without the ring theres no Rage.;)
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Magic is what bonds you to the ring. The ring is a conduit that taps into the red light. That can be considered "tech", but the Blood Powers are magic and the rings are cursed to the wielder. Would you consider a cursed katana a tech weapon or a magical artifact? (Referencing Katana from DC.)
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

Well why couldn't it be both because quite frankly Rage is just not magic on its own.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

The problem is, it's Magic Themed, because if you go with your train of thought, EVERYONE IN THE GAME is tech. :) We all get our powers from little nano-machines that digitized and copied powers.

The same can be said about the New Gods. Are they tech or gods? They wield their powers from 4th world tech, but it is magic too.

Edit: God, I'm such a nerd.
    • Like x 3
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

Lol A God has nothing to do with what power he or she possesed its how powerful he or she is when the results comes, as for everything being tech, I totally agree we use gears to get everything done, along with our powers putting the icing on the cake. Gear>Powers= Everything is Tech.
  18. Jak-Man Committed Player

Some kind of power armor for tank, no idea for a healer set...

Hmm Metal Gear Rising comes to mind lol.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

We can't justify tech-based tanks and healers unless we allow healer lanterns to happen. :p
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

exactly so technically we dont need more tech powers lol

as there's already alot in-game :p

/endthread