Can we end some of the complaints?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jamesbopp43, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Quantom Boy Committed Player

N
    no they don't they serve their purposes. You don't deserve a massive stat increase for farming styles and running the same content over and over again.
    • Like x 2
  2. XODUIS Committed Player

Why not? You deserve it way more than a person who got carried/skipped a lot of the content. But seeing how you are part of the new generation you don't understand.
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantom Boy Committed Player

Two completely different things you're comparing. The sps aren't messed up, they are bragging rights which are optional which help you to a certain point that give you a fair boost in stats and performance but don't make you op, that would cause a divide in the community. Sps are working as intended, nothing needs to be changed. Your choice to spend hours and days farming them no one forced you.
    • Like x 3
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Funny bc getting max Cr is the same thing. Complete a couple styles running the same two raids over and over again. People who have put the time into their Sp should be rewarded for it.
  5. Quantom Boy Committed Player

No you don't you chose to do it, it's an optional thing , which give you boosts that help you out but not huge enough to make you op for doing very very and repetitive things that aren't "skill full". And I've been playing since the game went free to play and started playing properly when origin crisis dropped, so I don't know what you're on about the "new generation" bs. Try not making assumptions and while your at it take your head out of your a
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantom Boy Committed Player

Different thing. The game is about doing and completing instances, sps are just side/optional thing to do while your bored and they help you out a little. They are basically filler and things to keep people logging back on. Sps aren't the be all end all and aren't the main focus of the game, the elitists and the people who like stroking their own egos made it seem that way becuase they wasted their time farming sp for bragging rights and now that the novelty of bragging as worn off they're now mad that they wasted their time on something monotonous and want it to be buffed to they can be op, while at the same time bragging about how "skilled" they are.
    • Like x 2
  7. XODUIS Committed Player

Oh wow, it's worse than i thought. Who told you SP are "filler"??? That is literally the thing that makes the difference in good and bad players. A player who has 100+ CR but under 60 clearly shows that he rushed/carried through content. Even if you weren't going for SP you should still have MINIMUM of 70 as a CR 100+. Especially with the new perks that add even more Stats, SP is more vital than ever.
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

Something can be a fact and an insult. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm not saying they should be the end be all either. Think they should add a little more than they do. At 11000 base might +25 doesn't account for much. If they done them by percentage,they would always be worth the same amount no matter how high our stats get with gear
  10. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

You got the meaning right.

The game requires very little skill and stupidity is abound on this game.

Knowing game mechanic is not synonymous with skill and your example has nothing to do with skill but about not knowing the mechanic and failing at it. This can be resolved by explaining how the room works instead of coming to the conclusion that the high CR person was stupid. It is also possible that he just returned to the game and skipped the last DLC or something.

People with 200 SP are more likely to be skilled than a person with 120 SP as they may have accomplished some feats in their life time that do require skillful display, however, I can't say the same for someone with 120 SP or less.
  11. Chungweishan New Player

People complain, I do a lot, but rarely have great solutions. I can't come up with feasible solutions to my own complaints (USPC PvP Open World).

Players want meaningful usage of SP. They ask for percentages as a general solution, but don't really think about the details of what the percentages should be. So let's say I have 200 SP and fill all the Precision Innates. What should the total bonus % be? How many skillpoints would be allocated until the percentage is actually noticeable in combat?

The game is all number-crunching so you can't arbitrarily say, "Just have 50 skillpoints allocated to Precision Innates for 100% bonus, each SP = 2%." If that was true, I'd get only 70SP (so I can use some for Movement Skills and maybe some Critical Innates), and know I'm doing twice as much damage with Precision-based attacks at any CR.

It certainly cannot be an infinite bonus so I can use all 200SP for Precision and still be able to add more later, because that would mean either 1) each SP = a very low percentage or 2) you'll end up with a ridiculous amount of bonus. So after you fill it up and you're still completing Feats, you'll ask again, "What more can I do with the rest of my SP?"

Just remember if SP was more important, it would end up just like Exo/Synth-Mods. And that's getting bloated as is in terms of farming and constructing.
    ---

My point is you can complain all you want. Just be mindful of what solutions would be offered/forced and how it affects not only you, but the rest of the community:

PvP 1v1s unfair because of roles -> Movement Debuffs -> No Role Confidence -> generic PvP Gear
    People leaving/kicking during Arenas/Missions -> Deserter Penalty -> Link Dead -> Kicking Penalty
    High-Level Players in Low-Tier Missions -> Stat Flattening
    Controllers not wanting to be Batteries -> Limits to Clipping/Jump Canceling -> WM -> AM
    Exobyte Farming is boring -> Synth Mods
    • Like x 3
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Huuuummm ... NO!o_O
    • Like x 1
  13. Quantom Boy Committed Player

Yh I can see where you're coming from, but there needs to be a way to please the people who want the sp revamped without dividing the community and putting of new players.
  14. Quantom Boy Committed Player

T
    That's your interpretation of sp, because it suites your elitist agenda. Sps speaking from a pure game designing perspective and how the game implements them, they are filler. Something to keep you logging in, the game doesn't force you to farm sp. and pretty much everyone who starts playing dcuo from this point rushes the content because they get carried by higher players, which there nothing wrong with that seeing that this game is pretty much about end game and they can also go back to get the sps later. If sps weren't filler the game would force you in some way to get them before progressing during each tier. And just because some as low sp doesn't mean they're bad, the majority might be but not all, they might at a disadvantage to the people with loads of ps but their skill should make up for their lack of skill points. And that's how a player should be judge, by their ability not by arbitrary numbers (sp)
    • Like x 2
  15. MentosTroll Loyal Player

We gotta stop these kind of threads, if people want to make a thread then just let them. If someone feels strongly enough about a subject then who are we to say that they shouldn't make a thread about it.
    • Like x 3
  16. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

What's is your definition of skill? Understanding game mechanics... or simply having knowledge of what to do... does seem like a skill.

Also, how does a person with 200 SP, as opposed to 120 SP, result in a higher likelihood of skill? It correlates to having more experience in my opinion... Which results in a better understanding of game mechanics. But you state that isn't skill. So what is? Tapping buttons faster?

Anyways, this is all going way off topic. It's meant to stop complaining over all of this, not for those to bring those complaints here for discussion. If you want to debate me, PM me. I'd be happy to share my philosophies to greater detail without having to bore everyone on this forum.

Now go get off the forums and go play video games, will you?
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The only exception I take to your post is this.

Skill points should matter more and more skill points should give a player a distinct and visible advantage over a player that lacks skill points.

You're basically calling all people with high skill points elitists simple because we actually bother to reach achievements.

Elitism isn't about actually having something others don't I.e a distinct advantage it's too do with an overall poor attitude towards wanting to help other players.

The only reason people don't bother with skill points now is because they lack value. However; that hasn't always been the case and I expect once the devs get to it they will be made more valuable again.

It will be at that moment lazy players not getting feats will be exposed and I hope for that day not out of vindictiveness or elitism. But because then high sp players will be getting the recognition their effort truly deserves.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sarcasm Committed Player

Players with high SP shows that your a dedicated player . People now just can rush through the content . Gu47 was a slap/spit in the face to people who worked there ***** off to reach 160+
  19. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If it wasn't for the complaints you'd be changing you home turf mods every 3 day do people remember that it took alot of complaints to fix that.
    • Like x 3
  20. Kharhaz Committed Player

So just end all things and compensate the LoL crowd?

The LoL crowd being the League of Legends crowd, and paying to win.

That may suit you, your used to it, but for us who use skill, the pay to win thing is lame. Im sorry lad, the majority of this game now has the play for free crowd, otherwise known as LoL and these idiots are telling us how to play our game.

By all means go ahead, you know best. you are the best LoL player, so clearly you know how PvP works.

I will sit here meanwhile and scratch my ***....