DOT/HOT overwriting fixed in GU50

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sbel, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

define "survive" because those times were awful.
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is not complaining if the power is not working as intended.... It is called getting the power fixed to work as intedned.
    • Like x 1
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The thing with Rage is the AM is all around being melee, they already state that more than once...
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

It dont matter what hey fix. The devs, imo , stop caring about this game a long ago. You basically have a HL ONE SHOT, that will allow anyone lvl 30 who ks HL to 1 shot any power any roll. It doesnt matter if u have invested thousands of hours in your toon, its completely worthless. If devs cant immediately shut down the game to fix that, then tere is really no point to this game any more. Thats the truth
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

It has been said many times in Livecasts over the years and was a topic of discussion at both the SOE Live events I've attended. I know there have been many discussions on the forums here about it as well with at least once that I remember a Dev commenting that technology limited them from removing the overwriting from occuring but at some point in the future they wanted to bring in different tech to change the process to eliminate overwriting of dots and hots. PoT has always been the reason people say it's impossible to remove overwriting because it would allow multiple PoT stacks, and the Devs can't code around it, and blah blah blah, but the solution the Devs have on Test Servers looks like a great one.

I'm super stoked to finally (after talking to the Devs about the issue a few times over the past 4 years) see it getting resolved.
    • Like x 3
  6. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Well, I believe in everybody saying overwriting was an "issue"...

I really, REALLY, thought it was a "positive discrimination".

Now, in a way, I am disapointed with the devs.... 4 years and half?!?

Dang, guys, you have serious problems with work force indeed.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I assumed that this meant all overwrite issues...didn't think it needed to be mentioned for everything. Now that you mention it though, you might want to take a look at the testing threads and ask one of the testers to specifically check Sorcery's soul wells and see if that's covered as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How can it break further when by all reports Arenas have been severely broken for well over a year??? Also, if it's possible for one premade group, what's stopping the other from doing the same? May the best team win.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm...where have you been??? That's EXACTLY what happened right after Quantum got its Advanced Mechanic (which didn't overwrite since it was all burst [with the exception of Gravity Well...which wasn't part of the AM]). So in essence, nothing new...also, more likely 5 Fire/Ice/Nature DPSes if anything.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How is it really FOTM if there's more than two top powers to choose from??? There will be many power hoppers, but that's an inevitability especially when you had such a great imbalance. Now that the overwhelming majority of powers will be in-line with each other, people will play what they like, and if so moved, switch again.
    • Like x 3
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I'll make up some numbers that are probably not that far off from the truth. I would say there was a clear OP power for about 90% of the four year this game has been around. I would also say that 80% of that time the OP power was one that didn't have issues with overwriting like Nature and Electric do. So in my mind, the times you refer to as awful are about 72% of the last four and a half years. The game is still here now. That's the definition of survival I'm going off of. If you hadn't noticed, every GU has stuff people like and stuff people claim will kill the game. Many of those claims are a stretch. I think some of the comments in this thread are quintessential examples of that.
    • Like x 6
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

The issue was they needed to upgrade their engine. The type of people that do that had the hack, mega servers, operations, PS4 launch, player housing, and armories consume way more of their time than we'd probably assume they should take. They're not the same people that make raids or balance powers. Their work is the most heavily contended over because the people that do make raids or balance powers have a laundry list of engine updates they'd like to see first.
    • Like x 4
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

There are some odd occurrences with the stacking on test. Spord is aware. I think the idea is that DoTs and HoTs will stack, after the changes are ironed out. I haven't been able to test Celestial yet, as I haven't been able to coordinate with another Celestial user.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sounds like a question for Test server people. ;)
  15. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I was plain wrong. Anything goes for me now... I will not discuss game mechanics, cause I dont get them :)
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But people were already doing that now with certain powers (Quantum, Munitions, Mental, Gadgets [when it was top DPS]...even Fire & Ice now despite some overwrite). Nothing changes, so how does it get worse?

Eventually, after the next two new powers get released, Flavor status will go away for the most part. And people will just go about playing whatever they like. The only flavors you'll see then are Advanced Interactions (1,2,3,4 Boom), Mobile Focused Attack (Run and Gun minimal set up), DoTs & Pets (for those who want a more active fighting style) and Combo Powers (for those who crave a bit more skill to their damage sets).

The Devs can't and shouldn't force diversity....that should be player optional. Having all of the powers relatively balanced and not overwriting will give people freedom...which will mean less people sitting out because of two or more players of the same powerset.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ahh...but what if they are??? And before you say they aren't, realize we don't know what the ultimate plans are. As is, we can't get to those better mechanics or other concepts without things changing. Some parts may need to be changed first.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Exactly...and now with more powers being on top, it's doubtful we're going to see that much overstacking of the same thing in most content (and lets be honest...burst will still always be king, especially once geared up).
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not a workforce issue, tech issue. They finally have the tech they needed to make it happen...which is why it's coming in GU50. We had to manage with the problem for a long time, yes. It was what it was. Now we'll usher in a new era where nobody gets excluded because of being the same power(s). :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I have no idea. I quit :D

The game I loved (with overwriting, fast clipping, no WM, no dovetails) was just a broken version of this new one, that I dont like.

Gonna refrain myself from arguing about it :)