Can't beat em so I guess I'll join them. Which FotM cheese should I play?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ThePhilosophy, May 31, 2015.

1. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I would recommend you start reading some older post in the pvp section before you state "Yall aint gettin it".
    • Like x 1
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Explain to me when you're going to counter the HL DPS who can put out more damage than your weapon mastery combos can without counters. Aside from that the amount of damage you're going to deal with ANY weapon mastery combos while your opponent is countered is going to deal less damage than a HL will during one of theirs.
    • Like x 1
  3. hyperpimp New Player

Nah nah . If it sound like im sayin "Yall don't no what u sayin" but that ain't a thing . What I sayin is that " Yall don't get what I'm sayin " you get what I'm sayin? So like don't get upset cause I not tryin to be mean . I'm only tryin to share my brain with Yall . And like I been around and no a lot of stuff about the game so I'm just sharein with Yall . We cool ?
  4. hyperpimp New Player

Nah bro listen. I am counter hl . I get a lantern on the ground . So he on the ground from like bb or lunges or I just knock him down . And when he's down use wm combo . So if he down he can't counter my wm. Cause he's down if he be gettin back up I use my sheild and knock him back down you get what I'm sayin ?
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

What does that have anything to do with HL. So your strategy with HL is counter him then use a WM combo?
    Also I am going to hope English is not your first language or are just really fond of text language.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't think you realize what I'm saying. A good HL player can run a rotation that cannot be countered because they have access to an uncounterable rotation. The only way you can come close to keeping up with it is by spamming ranged weapon mastery, which is a guaranteed counter for your opponent.
    • Like x 2
  7. hyperpimp New Player

[q="Sabigya, post: 3280892, member: 315355"]What does that have anything to do with HL. So your strategy with HL is counter him then use a WM combo?
    Also I am going to hope English is not your first language or are just really fond of text language.[/quote]
    I dont get what you sayin
  8. hyperpimp New Player

Ok so they do the rotation and i knock them out with my mind (cause I play mental) and then when they are down I roll out the wm combo . They be all nonstop with that rotation so like I no what they gonna do . So I wait with my sheild for them to drop then I drop them . I don't how else to explain. Skill over form
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You do realize they can 1) pop a breakout trinket (not like they'd need it anyway) for crowd control immunity and 2) simply break out of it. Ironically enough they'd be more consistently putting out crowd control than you are because of the nature of their powerset.
    • Like x 1
  10. hyperpimp New Player

Yeah and u will waste that power with yo breakouts. And I'm gonna steal to power with breakouts by makin u break out. Then when you have no power. I get on you and there aain't nothin you can do bout it. You have to grind em out with that sheild tell they ain't nothin but a lad with a powerless ring.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

There are innates in the movement trees that cause a player to receive power in a couple ticks over a few seconds after breaking out that amounts to more than a breakout costs.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. hyperpimp New Player

True but they wont use those
  14. Venus Void Dedicated Player

In this guy's defense, I didn't realize there was such a huge difference in skill levels of players in this game until I PvPed on a friends account that he had NEVER played PvP on.

It takes at least 5 - 10 mins for a 1v1 queue to pop on my account and when it does it's usually a skilled player (yes, I know this is because of them attempting to pit us against players with similar win/loss) well on my friends account the queues pop instantly, literally instantly, and the players I fought were so bad that I spent more time destroying turrets in the batcave than I did actually fighting.

What I'm saying is, people who are playing at the top level have a hard time realizing how many players don't know anything about PvP, and some players who do decent in PvP "think" they're at the top level because of the players they fight being near their skill level.

A person could be just an average PvPer and fighting a lot of other average HL users, and think he knows how to stop HL "easily" because he doesn't win enough to fight the players who actually know how to use it properly, nor will he ever, unless no one near his ability queues for a while and he gets put against a player with a way better ELO ( just remembered what it was called), which still isn't too likely because the lower ranking pvp queues pop like crazy from what I've seen.
    • Like x 1
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

Everyone uses those. I don't know a single PvPer who doesn't use those. People get them for PvE too, so why would you think they would not use them?
  16. hyperpimp New Player

CAUSE I SAID "NO" and its not helpfull to my plan
  17. Venus Void Dedicated Player

They're innates, meaning you don't use them, they are always active, in this case he's referring to the breakout abilities that restore power after a breakout, there's also two others, 10% stun and impulse resist if I remember correctly.

Anyways, everyone should have those purchased with their sp if they plan on PvPing, they're found in your movement tree and I would strongly recommend them.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

What game are you playing? Because I'm pretty certain it's not this one. At least at a level where people know how this stuff works. I'm not trying to be mean here, but pretty often there's a huge disconnect between people who play PvP at different levels because there's a huge, and I mean absolutely freaking massive difference between how a good player and an average player fights.

When we recruit someone new to our league they often times think they're at least average at PvP (and sometimes they are). During the recruitment we run a few 2v2 queues with them (at least in my case, every officer does it differently) to see how they do. By the end of it (because most of the time we're carrying them through the matches) they think they're pretty good.

Then they get into a 2v2 scrim with some of our upper level players. And boy does that open their eyes a lot of the time. Most of the time they didn't even know most of the things that happened in that match were even possible, let alone a common thing to do at that level.

So trust me, I'm very, very aware of the differences in skill gaps between players and how that often times puts things way out of perspective because 1) we were all there at some point and it's best to not forget that and 2) the above situation being quite common in my league.

Also on a somewhat unrelated sidenote, when you see someone starting to pick up on stuff that happens in those scrims and applying them to themselves and teammate, it's an awesome feeling.

You didn't really just say that they won't use a breakout trinket because you say so right? It's literally one of the only things you can't prevent your opponent from using at any point of their choosing (except after a KO obviously).
    • Like x 2
  19. hyperpimp New Player

Look that last bit was a joke . Bit hl goes down to a playa wit skills
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Again, I don't think you realize the damage difference and how easily counterable you are doing what you're suggesting. If they block once there's a good chance you're done for pretty much because of how long you're vulnerable to melee blocks. If you get interrupted once, that's it for you. And good luck doing either of those to them.
    • Like x 2