New Queue Option!?: Enable/Disable Tier Specific MatchMaking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueGODofMarvel, Apr 15, 2015.

1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Greetings all!

I have yet another idea, to improve this game of ours. I've seen complaints about high CR players ruining low CR'd players' experience and perhaps vice versa(maybe). I have an idea that will put that all to rest!

Enable/Disable Tier Specific Matchmaking
    This toggle option, basically tells the queue system to prioritize players within the tier of that specific content. The toggle option makes the queue matchmaking create a CR appropriate run based off of what Tier that content resides in. For example: In T1 content like Watchtower Containment, with Tier specific Matchmaking enabled, the queue will target players within the T1 CR range. While excluding those that are out of that cr range.

Just so we are clear
    Enabled = CR appropriate run
    Disabled = What players experience in game already(random)

This option should be enabled by default (so new players can start out with these settings). It would be located in the settings tab. The reason why I feel it should be default, is so that new players that aren't actually aware you can control who you play with, can get a gaming experience that isn't diluted by over-geared players.

This idea should only be implemented once, players are able to teleport into instances using the base teleporter or some other means, because it will make it harder for high CR'd players to find groups via random queue.

* I'm not too hot about the name of the option, so any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks for reading. Any criticism (positive or negative) is welcomed.
    • Like x 13
  2. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Good idea, but it may be a little bit difficult to implement. However, if they can, it would be great because anyone could complain about high cr players destroying everything anymore.
  3. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

4. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Well if the queue system is already able to specify what roles a group needs, I think CR might be a similar system. I wouldn't know though. I've never coded anything in my life
    • Like x 1
  5. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

6. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Certainly seems like a better option and easier than the other potential mess that's planned.

While they are at it can they just move the options tucked away in settings, the ones that form role locked groups or let you join groups in progress.

Seriously, I'd pay to have those in the on duty menu and consider it money well spent.

Much like changing from super speed to flight was the best $9 I've spent on DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

you guys need to just come out and say it, you want to steam roll through every instance under current tier. you aren't here for the challenge you are here for the easy mode so stop trying to sugar coat it. you guys did not want a stat clamp, so they offered stat flattening but ads won't die in 2 seconds so you don't want that either
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Try again. Read the thread this time on your second attempt.
    • Like x 4
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

I've seen these threads time and time again people want options for harder version and easier version, when it looks like a challenge is going to be put into something people start suggesting options. if all you want to do is steam rolled down waves and enemies go play dynasty Warriors. the developers are trying to keep their older content relevant in difficulty stop trying to create a option to keep the irrelevant version,,I agree we need rewards but saying keep the steamrol version doesnt help
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Try AGAIN. Please actually read the thread on this 3rd attempt. I even put pretty colors in the OP, so you can just glance over it and get the main idea. My thread has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

how about this no options take the stat flattening and deal with it no extra coding required
  12. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

[IMG]

You know what? Just nevermind.
    • Like x 7
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

I
    a toggle option to run with similar combat rating players on the option to run with experienced players as well aka overgeared players you arent suggesting anything new it's been suggested before with the stat clamp it's simply rewording so it doesn't sound like you're asking for an easy mode
  14. AzraelR Committed Player

The funniest part of all this is that this means nothing when we talk about villains faction.
    As villain you just want to enter the instance, no matter who you get there.

You know, must be really nice to be a hero in this game, the queues are so fast that the people still bother with those coming in the group... oh hell. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  15. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Stop super imposing your conspiracy theories onto me. First off. When I write something, It means exactly what is wsays. This is not an alternative to stat flattening. It has nothing to do with stat flattening. It is an idea formulated in my mind solely due to the complaints that lower CR'd players are having their experiences ruined by over geared players. I made it optional because it made logical sense. I don't want this idea to force people to play a certain way.Judging from your posts, if this idea were to be implemented you feel it shouldn't be optional. I disagree

I am sorry for earlier. It's not that you didn't read the thread. It's that you misunderstood it or injected some self-created ulterior motive into it that doesn't exists. I hope I cleared up your misconceptions.
    • Like x 4
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Other then all the work it took to code in the flattening you mean???

And then play testing/tweaking all the adds/mobs/NPC in the game you mean???

Would have meant a LOT less coding to just give the High CR players a walk in option. Or to put in an option as the OP suggested.

:confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

18. Primordia_Vox Well-Known Player

Solo should have been a little bit more clear. I think what he is saying that it could get abused by people of higher Tiers. For example, a T6 enabling this option and queueing in to Watchtower with all T1 people. Then that player plows through that content leaving the alert no fun for the others.

I like your idea, and most of the others I have seen on here. If I could inject my own two cents it would to also lockout any player not in that Tier. So a T6 player cannot enable this option and queue in to a T1. That way every player in that Tier would be CR appropriate.

Or maybe I misread what Solowing was saying.
  19. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Never even thought of that.......
    But if the T1 player also has that option enabled, it would ideally shove the T6 player out of the possibility of queing with that specific t1 player. The queue system as I understand it, has conflicts like that all the time and is fluid enough to manage it.

Also Solo was not saying that at all imo. he/she was just confused.
    • Like x 3
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

The option to have all T1 option would obviously not work if you are T6.

If you are T6.....
    Either you could not use the option for T1 content.
    Either you could activate the option..... but would never enter the mission since you are NOT T1 yourself.

Think of is as a Reverse CR restriction.

For T1 mission you need 30CR to enter the mission.

With the Tier specific Matchmaking.... you would be able to enter the mission only if your CR is between 30CR to 42CR.

So no T6 in the mission with such option.

But they chose to use the Flattening option instead.... so it is a bit too late for a CR Matchmaking option in PVE.