Granny goodness didnt make PC explode!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I have 32 characters on my accounts. I'd buy a guaranteed animated aura that's available for a limited time for each of them as I wouldn't want any of them to miss out. Then, I'd buy extras to sell on the broker - probably as many as I could afford at the time. That's just me. There are plenty of others like me that play this game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zeo Committed Player

I bought 3 or 4 boxes in the past and were just for the aura, I still have the other items left in my inventory. I believe that players only buy the boxes by the aura too, since they can make large stocks of other items in sales of 50%.

It would be nice to have more variety of items in MP, as already mentioned, chromatic styles and sequined are all garbage, you just lazily took an existing style and stuck with another face, do a fireman style in a game full of interesting characters is as to shoot yourself in the foot. If sales of style items are low, then the fault is yours alone, for you are so trivial.

I found the idea of weapon packs excellent, I own almost all of them and in the future I will have all of them, again you were trivial, taking the same types of weapons and just changing the color, it was only in the last packs that you changed the design of them all, when the players see my wicked sword they ask what hell of cool style are that, nobody knows that it's available in the marketplace. This shows that at very of the cases you have achieved the expectation of the players, but does not help you create something and did not divulge.
  3. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Uhm...is that Hitler-mustachefrom the new 52? Because I've never seen Granny wearing a Hitler-mustache before. Or is that just a bad picture?
    Overall, the face reminds me strongly of Bruno Ganz in his role as Hitler in the 2004 German movie "Downfall"...compare for yourselves:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  4. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

2 things:
    1. I want a fire aura just for the head on my jack o lantern style, like how it looks when playing with a fire toon in the group.
    2. I want a rotund/plump toon just like granny. Then I can make the Stay Puft Mashmallow Man!
  5. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

He is, because it's not worth 5 dollars, no single style item is. Put something worthwhile, such as requested hair styles or skins at a fair price and then judge. Hokey style items are fun and all, but there should be no question as to why they may be questionable sellers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

You went way to into your hitler tangent and ignored that its black lipstick and that here 'moustache' is as wide as whatever you perceived her lips to be.
  7. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

I wanna ask devs also, is it the same with Animated tails like hairstyles hard to optimize for all body types? i mean cheetah has animated tale we have a stiff 4 diffrent tails well if you can call it tails :D stick with a fur texture.
  8. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

That's why you satisfy both portions of the marketplace and give yourselves the opportunity to hit the customer base in all forms from multiple angles.

Weapon packs? I can only speak for myself but I typically play the game with one or two weapons, an entire weapon pack of things I won't use doesn't interest me much from the surface level. However, if you broke down the pack into singular weapons and instituted more of a micro transaction system in relation then that might just do the trick. Obviously any interest in style items would fluctuate depending on what's being offered but something along these lines would probably hit more than miss.
  9. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

instead of being giving power like quantum and earth (dont get me started with earth with some of it not needed updated like only updating the side kick) focus on electric that has so limited healing abilities which you can go check my other electric post https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ric-is-fire-but-wait-before-criticism.237576/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-electric-aoe-idea.230009/
    but help us electric healers out and give some more healer versions of cool dps moves or atleast change some anamtion because its get repetitive and annoying to see the 3 main healing moves used to death ( electrogen , ganvinlize , storm clould , iconic drain bio electric ,bio cap , and voltaic bolt )

please and thanks
    LIGHTNINGS REVENGE
    untold lighting ps4 ,
    ps. this game is supposed to be fun not forcing me to do something i dont like (dpsing) because if you look in these support role powers there are more moves that dont have the support role mechanics which is sad especially im forced to dps to have cool moves ... please help us out spord , mepps , and spytle .
  10. Morcra Committed Player

with all due respect.

Earth/fire/sorcery needs tweakings alot more then electricity does
    • Like x 6
  11. Gucciana Committed Player

the difference is
    if the put a aura on the market place 1 person would buy 1 for 10 dollars
    if they put the aura in a booster bundle with a "chance" at it 1 person will buy anywhere between 1 and 20 boxes for 10 dollars a pop
    you do the math!
    • Like x 1
  12. Gucciana Committed Player

you would only buy 1 seeing as all the auras on the market place are account bound
    • Like x 3
  13. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

ooooooooooh! Now that you said it and after zooming in a lot & trying for around a minute to unsee the mustache, I could actually identify the mustache as lips. Well...either way, I still don't like it. Even if you leave the mustache out, the face still has strong similarity to Ganz's character.
  14. Hyoga New Player

So the real question is. taking the body style aside. Are we ever gonna get a 4th color? Obviously everybody at one point of another complained that there are only 3. Some of us learned to deal with it and some of us still want a 4th color.
  15. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Math and actual facts are sometimes words in a foreign language I believe. :p
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

That pic of Granny Goodness looks like John Lithgow cosplaying as J. Johah Jameson then decided to cosplay as Granny Goodness. Peter Parker snapped a pic. PARKER!!! now you sit and think about what you done.
  17. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I'm sure you know I know that(unless you didn't know I'm the one that keeps pulling all the numbers for power population each week). I do think however the quantum pack is a bad example because while its true quantum is very popular amongst end game players its not as popular when you look at the population as a whole. Not to mention end game players are less likely to buy a weapon pack because they usually are the ones buying the power respecs. I myself have bought almost all of the packs except mental because its the only power I don't play. I love the the weapon packs and enjoy spending money on stuff like that that matches my power. I would spend 10$ on power auras alone no need to include the replays or anything.(Only thing I use replays for are unlocking feats because I don't agree with the concept of them as a whole, devaluing content to be more specfic). I think instead of guessing what people want its better with cosmetic items to do the things people want. Power themed Auras would sell like hotcakes I would bet my life on it. I remember an old thread where someone made power slimline suits and it was amazing. I bet those would sell. Give us some power themed sidekick skins and those would sell as well. Its not just about making quality cosmetic items, its about making quality items that people also want. I completely understand this. I work for a software company and we constantly make cosmetic changes to our software but we only do it when its requested by the users. We never change something that no one asks to be changed. I would suggest taking this same approach to your MP items.

For instances all those toys are pointless. No one asked for a 20 sided dice so why spend time making it? The Alien heads while they were requested are an example of the quality not being so well. If I had to pick one cosmetic thing off the MP that I would guess sold the most I would say Green Aura. Most requested cosmetic item of all time.
    • Like x 4
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

We all tried but devs always come with the same excuses. Im tired of reading crap from them when it comes to this.
    They dont want to waste resources in cosmetic stuff. Period. I never had a doubt but in this thread Spytle really spitted all he had in his head.
    Are they serious about "complaining" that the fairy wings ( only and example ok? Released 3-4 years ago) isnt selling as well as Boosters? lol I cant!
    The MP styles are damn awful and old!!! Be a little critic with your own game.
    If we would get new hairstyles, skins, iconic, or even civilians bundles I'm sure people would buy it. Only if they look good no some chrome textured old style with no chance to change the colour or some useless cowboy set.

Get it together. You can't compare the actual situation of MP cosmetic stuff sales when NOTHING has been added there in AGES for god sake (aside weapons and yet the first rows where indeed poor in desing)

I really wish Daybreak would push them to release cosmetic stuff. Hairstyles and skins are demanded so often but they never listen because reasons above.
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

Come on! This is all old news. You know you dont like to waste resources in cosmetic stuff.
    Try new things! Give the costumetic stuff a chance. Release some nice variety of new hairstyles, new skins for a few bundles and put them on marketplace!
    If they are a fail dont do it again but give it a try, we been asking to get that for years now.
    MP options are old and ugly compared to what the art team does lately with styles and NPCs.
    MP needs to be completely renovated I cant believe its still the way its been for years.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I appreciate where Spytle is coming from with the sales numbers and stuff, but to be honest what did you expect with adding styles that basically have nothing to do with superheroes and villains? Buckaroo? Bandito? Firefighter? I don't know about you guys but I don't see many superheroes and villains running around in outfits like these (that's not a challenge to go and find some. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying I don't see them very often). Don't get me wrong, they're good designs for what they are - but hero and villain outfits they are not. Butterfly wings are cute and all, but the animation on them is terrible. The Runed Gargoyle wings are something I do truly enjoy wearing. Turbines - I don't even want to go into how the fire or whatever it is that comes out of them goes completely in the wrong direction, ruining the entire look. Again, I understand where you are coming from with the low sales Spytle - but you have to please keep in mind that a majority of the styles on the marketplace do not even fit the aesthetic of a superhero game.

Remember that time you said Superman was the number one selling Legends character of all time, despite the fact he was arguably one of the worst characters? What was your reasoning for the sales? It was because he was Superman. People are familiar with Superman. To many he is the quintessential superhero. To many he is the original superhero. Pop a Superman inspired outfit on the marketplace and watch it fly off the endless, digital shelves. If people are willing to buy a Superman Legends character just because he is Superman then shouldn't the same logic apply to a style inspired by him? You cannot possibly compare the sales of a cowboy outfit to the potential sales of, for example, having a Superman inspired set on the marketplace.

I will admit I have purchased almost every style that has been put on the marketplace, and most of the weapon packs. I rarely use any of them, ever. The only reason I bought them was because I had some spare SC lying around. If I'm willing to buy styles that I know I won't ever actually use, I think it's a safe bet that I would instantly empty my digital wallet and purchase SC specifically to buy styles that I actually would use instead of just using leftover SC.

Nobody is asking that your design team drop tools on the styles they're working on for future Episodes in order to design styles to put in the marketplace. I'm not going to insult you by pretending I know the logistics or costs of time, money and effort it takes to go into designing these, but what about designing New 52 inspired styles and putting them on the marketplace instead of dropping the pieces in Promethium Lockboxes? Of course I cannot speak for others, but I would buy a full 8 piece set for something like 1,000 SC and the individual pieces could be sold for 100-200 SC. That makes buying the full set all at once look like a bargain, but also gives the option for people to buy just one or two pieces if they only want those pieces.

Onto what was said about the skins earlier. Yes, they are amazing. Unfortunately most of our skin is covered up a lot of the time, which is something you guys have indeed said recently in some video (can't remember which it was). Why would people buy an awesome looking skin when the only part that is on show is a small portion of their face?

It was mentioned in the announcement thread for the future of Episodes that you are working closely with DC Comics and Warner Bros to have tie ins with comic events. Use this to your advantage. Choose a character or two from whatever event you're tying into and make a style based around them for the marketplace.

Sorry for the long read and I really appreciate you all taking the time to read through it. As a fan of comics books for 21 of my 25 years on this planet superheroes and their styles are things I feel very passionately about.
    • Like x 15