Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyder New Player

So, no more fun rent money runs on lower content. Seems like new setup will encourage replay badge use to get marks. Now, we have more options to walk in and 2 & 4 man a raid for fun and get some marks to cover basic upkeep. I see my league not running low stuff.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These "rent runs" will no longer be necessary due to the changes in cost and the extension of recurring unlocks, like your mainframe mods.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you have everything you need from a piece of content, you no longer have any reason to play it. Yes, that's correct.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain Neos Committed Player

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but what changes can we expect with regard to synthetic mods?
  5. Valsmurf Loyal Player

What a day for ya, huh Mepps? :p
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

While I have several concerns regarding how these changes will be implemented, one BIG problem I see is the MOV cap being set to 100.

Although there will be changes to Home Turf amenities, Utility Belts as well as R&D materials, with the limits on viable content, I have the feeling there are going to be times when because of quirks in schedule, one may have to choose between whether to buy a piece of gear or refresh their Tactical Mods.

One thing I know people don’t enjoy is the constant treat of capping out on marks in the middle of an instance and to make it worse, so I wish before locking the cap in at 100 MOV, you’d see things play out on live as test is NOT the proper place to look at how this impacts the player base.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You need full vendor gear as the minimum. Drops on top of that speed that progress along.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You have definitely misread the original post. The amount of gear and content being released is about the same. The difference is it doesn't drop all at once quarterly, but in three parts over the three months.
  9. RealGODofWar New Player

For you guys to bank on the "good nature" of people is extremely naive. People say money runs the world. Well, Incentive runs the game. Marks were the consolation prize when helping friends or grinding for styles. Even if you failed to get the style, you got at least a consolation prize. Even if you decide to spend your perhaps limited amount of play time helping a friend at least you got some marks that could be used for anything. The marks system should act similar to the prestige system. Hopefully the data feedback you get after you kill the queues of the lower content will convince you of that. I am hopeful you guys are correct. But from my experience, relying on the "good nature" of the player base is a risky plan.
    • Like x 6
  10. SgtRevhardd Active Player

Very interesting & New changes always welcomed.
    But i got 3 toons. tank.healer.troll. all can dps lol
    This means i cant skip parts of a dlc anymore?
    because on my new tank was cr 107 and waited on the new dlc "Hardly did any older t6 content", did the solos and hit cr 113 easily lol
  11. RealGODofWar New Player

The R&D system needs a massive revamp if this plan is the future of DCUO. Massive... in the next incarnation, lets try not to lock premiums out of solo progression .
    • Like x 1
  12. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Are you again expecting us to mod to advance? Before t5 we could progress without modding, you guys then decided that modding should be more important. Not judging, just curious if a full vendor set is enough unmodded or with mods?
  13. TDSK Committed Player

Awesome, thanks for the answer Mepps!
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

After 47, how we calculate combat rating will be slightly different, and mods will no longer have any impact on CR.
    • Like x 18
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think you might have misunderstood. We expect people to run content that's challenging for them. We don't expect high level players to run lower level content for marks. We do expect them to run low level content if they want to help others, get feats, get styles, etc.
    • Like x 3
  16. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

So that means we can resume using PVP mods on PVE gear without the risk of being ostracized?
    • Like x 3
  17. RealGODofWar New Player

Now THIS is the best news of the entire thread. Finally! Modding becoming required to progress was one of the worst things to every happen to this game in my opinion. I am so happy right now. Great job developers.
    • Like x 9
  18. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Wow! "Slightly" might be the biggest understatement ever!

Some people might not like it, but I think it's perfect. With the increased grind we'll be too busy to farm and those who do will do it because they have time and a min/max mentality.
    • Like x 7
  19. Marcheziora New Player

What a long read this is! Well, at least the Marks of Victory are making a return or at least the wording of it anyways.
  20. RealGODofWar New Player

If they don't get the feat or the style they wanted then their low-level content run became entirely meaningless. I didn't misunderstand. I probably said it in weird way but my overall point is, that the marks acted as a consolation prize of whatever the players preferred goal was. By removing them, players will have less incentive to run them, because the possibility of having a meaningless time wasting play-though increases.
    If I ran gates to get the Amazonian gear, and I didn't get the gear that run... Without the Marks that time I spent in the instance was in the literally sense wasteful. People in general do not like having their time wasted
    I am aware Amazonian gear has no feat attached to it. I was just using it as an example
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.