Flora Pack Base Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mermaid, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Please give us the pack devs!!!

Hanging Stone Ivy
    [IMG]

Various Potted Plants
    [IMG]

Creeping Wall Ivy
    [IMG]
    • Like x 22
  2. Proxy Server New Player

Too much for them to do at the moment. No offense; but base styles are the least of their concerns.
    • Like x 1
  3. Alekimsior New Player

I would say yes, but I would also like to see more plants not on pots. I'd like to see trees, more creeping vines, climbing roses, bushes, bigger palm trees with sand around it, etc. The pot sometimes kills it for me.
    • Like x 5
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

YES!

• Wall moss
    • Ceiling moss/creeping vines
    • Mossy Rocks
    • Water Garden Pond
    • Waterfall pond
    • More of those thorny vines
    • Planted trees
    • Garden room dividers
    • Like x 6
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The Cave Lairs need Mossy Stones and Rocks.

And a ceiling item that looks as if the ceiling caved in a long time ago with plants growing down. This also has to emit light, like the lamps of course.
    And the hedges: They are everywhere in Gotham in Metro, but not for the bases
    To make it look decent: Floor item "Earth" that gives you a patch of earth, preferably looking like it is a hole in the ground...

edit: looks like someone else likes moss :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

These are already in the game so it wouldn't be "too much". This is potential revenue which is always good for the game. And I'm sure they have people assigned for different projects so this really isn't that much as you make it sound. I'm only suggesting and not begging btw.

I agree with you! My post was just some basic ideas about already existing stuff. There's always room for new and more natural looking floras especially since we have the yearly Spring Even which btw I am looking forward to for the new stuff!!
    • Like x 3
  7. Imaginos Dedicated Player

They need to make money and base decorations is one of the ways they do that. Most of these items are already assets as base dropped items so very little work would be needed to make them into a buy-able pack, no offense.

Now all they need to do is be intelligent with the marketing (eg allowing all characters to claim said pack as account bound once or as many times as needed) and they'll fly off the shelves.
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Totally agree. I really would love to BUY a nature themed base look/set with plants and water and stuff for floor, ceiling & walls. Stalagmites and Stalactites for the caves would be fantastic same with columns.

Perhaps a jungle / ancient temple covered in vines kind of look for the base with some rocky walls like the cave, or even cave parts in some and old mayan temple-jungle like in others. Think leafy vines on walls, trickling waterfalls, shrubbery and big leafy plants, grassy ground with dirt patches, ancient stone carvings on blocks peeking out from foliage and vines etc...
    • Like x 2
  9. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Spring Season is coming up, so you'll at least be getting 6-8 new ones.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Kokiri's plant lair needs all of these items...and more! ^.^
  11. Proxy Server New Player

They have an abundance of features they milk the money from. They will be just fine. If money was truly and issue, booster bundle would be a daily round affair
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxy Server New Player

Again, they have so many fixes they are trying to implement in such little time, they couldn't care less about base items. As far as their revenue, none of us are in position to say what they will and won't make money from and we certainly do not know the percentages of their revenue. I am pretty sure they make enough money from replays and subscriptions alone.
  13. kawe Loyal Player

YessssssszzzZZZZzzzzz!!SSSSssssssss

Any form of flora pls, I can't get enough of them. Throw some flora divider into the mix.
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

You, and many like you, miss the point though. Many other FTP games utilize the market for skins of various sorts, as well as base items and mounts. This is definitely a huge money maker, and a few days of putting resources into this would give so much more money for them to get any necessary tech needed to improve other aspects of the game. Booster Bundles are a great example. They sold tons of those, because people wanted items and styles that are part of....the market. How many memes have people placed on threads saying "shut up and take my money" when styles are mentioned for the market?
    I understand. Replays are an easier item to sell, because its a one-and-done product, never needing to be fussed over again. But that is just a little fish to be had in such a big pond.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxy Server New Player

No one is missing the point. Clearly if they are picking and choosing when to release items, not only do they want to keep the "rare" factor for marketing purposes, but clearly they are stable financially wise to not have to constantly make new styles. People have been asking for new styles for centuries. We still have yet to get them and those same group of people asking for new styles are still here playing the game. That speaks volumes. There is no rush for them to push out anything but what the biggest money maker seems to be "DLC and powers".
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

Maybe once DBG gets things running as smoothly as they like, they can hire some people to work on just styles. More money can't hurt, can it?
    • Like x 4
  17. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Nice to see you're on the development team and know everything that is going on behind closed doors. Congrats on your position! Money is money and fixes don't make money. They are needed of course and as stated above any decent sized (even with the layoffs) development team is going to have an arts/assets team that would be handling stuff like this with a little input from a programmer when everything was ready. Artists are not out there coding fixes. It is easy enough to look at other games that have a robust store and see how well they're doing on sales of "fluff" items and game dressings.

I am pretty sure any company wants to make as much money as possible all the time, not "just enough".
    • Like x 5
  18. Minnion Devoted Player

Besides they give away new base items for free every so often, imagine for a moment if they released new style items at that rate...
  19. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

You don't quite getfalse scarcity in marketing.
    If they kept the booster bundle up more often people would stop buying it, it not only would not be special people would wait till it coincides with a sale. The only reason it works is because they make a unique item that people want that elusive 1 of kind hard to get item so they dump up to a few hundred bucks for it.

And the base items in the marketplace aren't created for rarity or exclusivity, they are for customization.
  20. Proxy Server New Player

The irony in your sarcasm is that you initially acted as if you knew how much money they make and how they can make more money. So for you to sit and criticize me is simply stemmed from ignorance. Hell, you are pretending as if all personal data is disclosed to you. So tell me, how much money do they generate daily and annually off of replay badges? I would love to know since you seem to be the only person that knows who makes more money and off what items.

Once again, we are all consumers. As consumers, we have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. That includes financial and personnel wise. So for you, I or anyone else to sit and state "they can make money off this and that" is not only foolish; but nonsensical.

They are indeed working on a ton of fixes for the game. Maybe you need to join the test servers. Regardless of what teams are working on it, that takes resources and time. It doesn't matter if a team handles art while another handles programming. The input is merely the same with all teams having influence on one another. So if the main guys says that something will not happen, then it won't happen. We all want certain features to be added to the game. But to sit and be oblivious to how busy they currently are is selfish I might add.