Current State of the Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarlet Rise, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I was wondering if DCUO's in-game quality has reduced or improved on US/PS3? Rendering, load times and common bugs such as falling through the ground. Also, the distortion of the UI and personal avatar after leaving an instance during campaign? Leaving Gotham's Distribution Center may trigger this to happen last time I checked.

In short: Is it too cumbersome to use DCUO on the Playstation 3?
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

The last time that there were login issues on the PS4 I logged in on my PS3 to look around. I peraonaly think it's now unplayable on the older system. Certainly after playing it on the 4
    • Like x 2
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its terrible on PS3. I wish everyone who has a ps3 miraculously obtained a ps4 within the next year. That way this game can actually take off instead of being slowed down like it is now.
    • Like x 7
  4. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

I'd argue less about unplayable because ps4 is smooth but more because newer dlc literally just has so much crap in it.
    Like AF1 gotham under seige glitched yesterday and the bridge with villains amazons to kill with bombs with birds was so over crowded that they were on the streets below and even in the river, it caused slowdown on ps4 when near them,
    I'd hate to see what it was like on ps3, likely an instant freeze.
    • Like x 1
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Loading times and performance has improve from how it was to how is now. Don't compare it to the PS4 because you won't be able to see any improvement.

There are still instances that lags too much (like Operations in Metroplolis) and that hasn't change like the loading of Mogo that take more time to load than the Batcave. And there's still a chance that once in a while you will fall from the map into the abyss.

If you are running content with another player that uses a PS4 they will kill everything before it loads in the PS3. T6 Duos are a perfect example, when you load the instance, the other player is already at the first boss even if you got a 40Mbps internet connection.

Will you be able to play in PS3? Yes.
    Is it the optimal console to play the game? No.
    Is there any hope for improvement? Yes, a new UI is under development and since it should consume less memory resources it should improve the player experience.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 5
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

I haven't played on the ps3 in a very long time, but I have friends who still play on ps3. Sometimes we are in group together and I'm halfway through the first room and they are still on the loading screen. I won't say it's not worth the bother because if that's all you have to play on then that's all you have. I will say that if you ever play on ps4 you will dread going back to a ps3.
    • Like x 1
  7. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

The state of gameplay on the PS3 is horrendous, at least from my experience. Why this platform is still being supported is beyond me when there are nothing but issues. I guess SOE/DB needs that $ even if their product is broken on the PS3. Rendering, frame freezing, major lagging, disconnection issues just to mention a few. I have literally stopped playing the game in the last few days as it has become nothing but a frustrating experience over any kind of fun at all. I will be getting the PS4 tomorrow and hope that the issues that I have been having become a thing of the past. Got tired of the support team trying to point the problem at my ISP when clearly there are no other issues with connectivity in my home. The game progressively got worse and worse in my case starting back from GU43. I have not been able to play one single piece of content without some kind of issue, since then. Haven't spent any additional money on this game since Dec. and almost cancelled my subscription last week as it is almost unplayable at this point. My suggestion to those who play on the PS3 and are having similar issues is stop wasting any money on this game and save it for a PS4. I am sure the performance is much different in every aspect with the PS4 and will likely save me from cancelling my subscription. When a game becomes more frustrating than enjoyable do to multiple issues it's time to re-evaluate the situation especially if you are spending your money. In my case, I know the PS3 is outdated and figure that upgrading is the best thing to do, whether I continue to play or not. Will it resolve everything? I'm sure not and I understand that issues will always occur. But from what I have experienced, it's not worth it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Try tanking in ToD on PS3....there are so many ad come out that make the screen lag as hell.
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have a league mate that uses a PS3 with a SSD and I'm on PS4. Graphical wise it is an inferior piece of hardware; however, the rendering issue and map glitching, etc is removed with a SSD. In fact, sometimes his items render faster than mine, not often but they do sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

PS3 is nearly unplayable. PVP literally is unplayable as the other players don't render. Loading times are atrocious, NPCs and teammates pop in and out, lag is far worse, there are many bugs, etc.

Its a horrid system thats best days are behind it. DCUO should drop it because it is too much of a hassle for them and a horrible experience for the players. I played it one time since I got my PS4 and it made me want to snap my controller in half because of how horrible it was.
    • Like x 2
  11. Laz523 Well-Known Player

Besides the rendering issues, I don't get this lag or players/team popping in and out of screen. Not trying to defend the PS3 just saying from my time playing on it I don't lag
  12. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Great move getting a PS4. You will feel like you are playing a new game. BUT keep that PS3 for a media player. The PS4 still won't allow you to play your own video files and music has to be on a thumb drive. I hope that changes soon.
    • Like x 1
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I also use my PS3 to queue into duos that don't have a walk-in portal if I want to solo them. I think it works OK when you are doing things solo because you can pause and wait for things to load. The open world content is pretty bad though. I have done the AF1 duos on my PS3, but if my partner is on PS4 they seem to be way ahead and I have seen glitches in those duos I never see on PS4.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Sounds lucky because it sounds like you could get them all with one bomb drop. It always takes me 2-3 trips. ;)
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Doesnt make sense to add a SSD to your PS3 now, just buy a PS4. I equipped my PS4 with a hybrid harddrive. Whenever I play with PS3 players, whether they have a SSD or not I have to wait for their crap to load .
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I only have a render issue when I first enter an instance.
    • Like x 1
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

You wanna buy me one? No didn't think so. I have an ssd and a fast network. That's the best I can do atm. Way too much going on irl to spend 400 on a new system when I only play 1 game and only 1-2 hrs a night if in lucky and feel like staying up late to play. Upgrading to a ssd is never a bad decision, you can remove it and put it in aps4 even ready our put it in a computer.

The only issue I ever have is in lockdown. Everything else rubs perfectly. Even flying superspeed everything loads smoothly for me. And I would rather spend money taking monthly trips with my family at the moment.
    • Like x 3
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

As long as you get one by 2017, thats fine with me.
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I feel like things have dramatically improved on the PS3. I was worried, because I went down from a 30Mbps connection to a 15Mbps, and I expected it to be just as bad as when I use the PS3 wirelessly. My only issues are 1) rendering ... there are particular, consistent, spots in RTN that take a long time just to become targetable, and open world stuff has always been an issue even before PS4 existed. 2) I can't play any PvP above 2v2, because people blink in and out, or hover around crucifixion pose. Also there seems to be a weird lag in PvP counters, which only started when my internet slowed ... so I'd attribute that more to connection than hardware, though better hardware would surely help.
  20. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ps3 player here and its playable to me. I'm not under the ground a lot, maybe once every blue moon and loading time to see ppl and buildings isn't that bad 4 me. In order for me to not see ppl walk threw walls , I have to make sure my tablet is off and that my cell isn't on the internet as well to have the smoothest game play on the ps3.

So in my honest opinion. I still enjoy my ps3