Reality Check

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Think Logically, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I don't agree with a few things you say in this post, but sound much less confrontational and much more informed in this post, so i'll just agree to disagree :)
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

In essence this post is saying that the game is pay to win, but doesn't want to admit it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah... Just because someone is a whale doesn't mean that they are more important to the game than the vast majority of other players, especially in an MMO.
    • Like x 1
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Aren't mobile games mostly single player though? This is kind of apples and oranges here and doesn't account for the importance of keeping the queues filled in an MMO. Do you really think the big spenders are gonna play a multiplayer game if there is nobody for them to play with?
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Any business that devotes more attention and care to higher paying guests than it's regulars is doomed. I work in the hospitality management, and the hotels that do this are doomed.
    • Like x 5
  6. JReel New Player

Now this we both can agree on......
    • Like x 1
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Makes perfect sense... I mean really putting all your eggs in one basket here if you're counting on whales to fund the game... There is actually alot less risk in counting on 500 dollars from 500 people, than there is in counting on 500 dollars from one guy.
    • Like x 2
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Im sorry but you can support this game and not be a damn glitching S*B

I spend 1300-1400+ in 5 months time sure its not alot but you do the math

5 x 1300-1400 roughly x 4 (i think lol)

I got 10,400 in 4 years OF LEGIT playing / no glitching like YOUR friends.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

of course its P2W to a extent lol
  10. JReel New Player

I have been on this game since launch and I am not even at the 1000 milestone lol. You guys have money to blow man. I guess it is because I play a lot of games that I do not invest too much money into DCUO.
  11. Kassiopeija Active Player

AFAIK bans are spoken out against the account and not their user(s), so it's perfectly allright if a user comes back via another account. It would be injust to punish someone twice for one offense.
  12. Kassiopeija Active Player

Reasonable enough, but if there really would be such a premediated "plan" to make money wouldn't this thread get deleted right immediately? I know quite some games (mostly F2P MMO) where you can't even post bugs into their own forums because these games are horrible and full of bugs but the officials don't want to legitimate the users to give out this impression to possible new customers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

That makes alot of sense.

Do you think that the ToD glitch was on the Test Server as well? If so, then this raises many more questions. Did the testers not report this glitch, so that it could make it onto live? Did they not report it so when it hit live, they could gear up quickly?

If this is the case, testers should be watched closer.
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yup, dcuo is my only game aside from infamous whic i beat, and destiny which i dnt care fot lol
  15. Kassiopeija Active Player

I'm pretty sure there's a (tiny) minority of players that are on testing only to find bugs and abuse them right immediately when it hits live. Especially players that desperately want to rank above others. And seeking (unbalanced) strong powers/classes in order to reroll their main toon... although this isn't a real exploit but falls into the same "category of tactics" - because these rerolls bring in additional money as well.

As for the other stuff, I don't think they would want to have a planned bug to be exposed by legitimate testers (implies to ignore the reports as well, which would be downright revealing).

However, from other games I know that sometimes bugs can appear only on live but not on testing (which would make it appear as being quite suspicious considering the above topic^^) but I can only surmise that this is because testing/live isn't 100% the same or the update did face some problems in its transition to live.
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

But if a player does the money glitch you don't give shout outs to his Youtube channel and have him on FNL knowing good GD well it's him .
  17. Prosser Dedicated Player

The glitch was limited to the PS server, as it couldn't be done on PC. Therefore there is no way that the testers could of found the glitch.
    • Like x 2
  18. JReel New Player

My issue is the amount of games I play. This is the reason why I am inconsistent in DCUO. I would get all my gear within a month of a new DLC release and then take like a month off. Had I invested more time in this game overall, I would have like 170 sp easily and be fully geared by now. I do like the challenge of playing catch up though.

Note: During the 3 months I was away from this game I was sure I was never coming back. I had deleted my character and the game to ensure I was not enticed to play......but to no avail I am back lol
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

OP is no longer a participant since page 6...... i think i see him/her over there. watching. [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I dont like playing catch up, I do that enough when I switch roles or decide to main trolling over DPS after getting 50% 100 and 99 gear as a DPS lmao

now I playing catch up on troll side of my power to get to the point so I can start raiding so I can be full 100 gear before T7 hits live for legendary ppl, I may not get that lucky but I hope I remain as lucky as I have been with drops. (pretty much 1-3 100 drps every raid)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.