GU 43: Nature Fauna Advanced Mechanic

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well considering how Nature was been tweaked since its revamp it is pretty fair to assume SOE does not want to do a visual update at this time. Also the "visual update" mentioned in the discussion was to change current forms to something different. That is a theme, not a visual update. If a visual update were to occur it is pretty likely that none of the forms would change. So that lead to y theme comment because that was apart of the discussion, not what you are exclaiming.
  2. Zeyten New Player

you mean with Nature recently receiving its AM? nearly every power has received its AM following its standard update. a mechanics update does not preclude a power from being visually updated. the statement i paraphrased about visual updates to powers (i believe Mental was specifically mentioned and the statement was made at or after Mental's AM update hit live) was made after a power was "tweaked." the combo effect was one person's suggestion, but i also suggested a way that nature could be visually updated. perhaps it is you who should read this thread in its entirety, since you evidently missed that. i'll give you a hint: it's included in the first response i made to you. anyway, unlike the comboing suggestion, which actually would require the Nature powerset itself to be visually updated, a 'themes pack' isn't part of a visual update. the way you're describing it makes it sound like an addendum. an addendum is something additional that exists apart from the thing to which it is being added. an example of an addendum versus an actual game update is buying a game and then downloading DLC for the game versus buying a game and then having an update for the game released over a network, at no charge. the game can run just fine without the DLC, but you can't use the DLC without the game. the game will not run at all without the update released over the network. no visual update should ever be crafted in such a way that one must purchase an extra "pack" in order to access it.
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No I literally mean it's revamp. Mental, Gadgets, Ice and Fire got the same system of revamps. They received visual updates. Sorcery and Nature were next but did not receive visual updates. The first 4 received visual updates because they were memory inefficient. The visual updates were done to make way for 3 new powersets in regards to PS3 memory.

That is why they received visual updates and why I don't think they will update Nature (or Sorcery) any time soon. Before those revamps no major visual updates ever occurred. The visual updates were because of memory inefficiency not really about aesthetics. I'll note Nature and Sorcery players were displeased from this outcome. Sorcery only received visual updates to pets because the new pets use weapons and the old sprites did not have those weapon types in their animation sets. Only Guardian and Fury changed. All other animations were adaptations of old animations for new purposes. Specifically these were used for Offering + Ritualist Ward (Boon of Souls shielding animation), Shard of Light (old Life Crystal animation falling instead of being thrown similar to Ice Boulder and Ice Boulder Strike) and Transmutation (the old Transmutation animation placed around you and your target)/

I am not against it but I am looking at the history and reasoning behind SOE updates. You seem to be taking my responses the wrong way though, to be honest so I'll leave it there.
    • Like x 1
  4. Neuro New Player

I hope the missing BB component when casting Briar after Vine in wolf form gets fixed...

Human form: Vine, then Briar = block breaker
    Wolf form: Vine, then Briar = no block breaker, but vulnerability to interrupts

Carnaged Roar should have a BB component, too. Like how it is with Ice's channel attack when Ice Armor is active
  5. Ekaterina Committed Player

sorry im so late responding
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Lol. Those tests are s little outdated. I have a new Wolf test on my YT. I'll get a new Carnage up soon. I have a new test server spec and I articulate effective DPS more clearly now.
  7. Ekaterina Committed Player

i have like 3 different dps loadouts for nature lol but i think i have a really good boss fight loadout but i need your opinion do you think rampage or swarm for boss fights?
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

The tests I do are without consumables, trinkets, or supercharges to make them fair and comparable against other powersets. I don't test supercharges but I personally have found Rampage hard to get the most out of reliably. I prefer Swarm.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

You Sir are correct, it was missing the carnage buff.
  10. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Completely against changing the fundamentals of nature. It's one of the most balanced, complete powers in the game, Nature and sorcery are kinda building blocks that the other powers are built around.
  11. Lightws Dedicated Player

Ill have what hes smoking :D.
    • Like x 1
  12. PhantomVision New Player

You should get way more dmg from Human Form Test2 if u replace Savage or Carnage with Voracious Plants. Every DoT loadout needs something spammable to clip those Solar Flares.
  13. Lightws Dedicated Player

No..... Just No. Voracious Plants doesn't nearly hit even close to serpents call or roar. Using it would be wasting dmg potential. But what do I know........
  14. Lightws Dedicated Player

Just to make it clear this statement was not a compliment at all.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I agree with the statement (assuming you limit yourself to 6 loadout slots) but the premise is unrelated to your quote. He said replacing either Savage Growth or Carnage with Voracious Plants not Roar or Serpents Call.

However like I said I agree and more up-to-date tests by Sore shows you should not do this. For anyone curious you can find those tests, and results, here: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/sores-nature-guide.74/
  16. PhantomVision New Player

You are taking things out of context mate.
    I meant that this specific loadout using AM+ Human Form can do better with a spammable ability. I wasnt saying that using Human Form without Lycan is best solution. Savage Growth is hardly usable in newest raid and Carnage without Lycan aids your WM spamming teammates more than it aids yourself.
  17. Lightws Dedicated Player

So your telling me Lupine jumping up 1k isn't worth it?
  18. Logosight Active Player

Nature wolf's melee uppercut needs to be changed from the 4 tap > hold combo that it is to a 3 tap > hold > hold combo. In PvP the uppercut is is way too easy to get off for the damage it does and singling out or hitting 2 targets with the uppercut can get the hits to do 15k damage per person with only one window that can be blocked.

Instead of lowering the damage simply change it from a single hold combo to a double hold similar to a weapon mastery (Think dual weild) and this way there would be less problems with it in PvP as its doing weapon mastery damage with less risk.

And lets be honest this change would not technically lower anyone's damage so everyone wins

what one wolf combo can do in an arena

Dual weild weapon mastery uppercut can do about the same yet it has 2 places in which its vulnerable to block instead of one like wolf
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Any weapon is vulnerable to block after 3 taps. I don't know if you know that or not.
  20. Logosight Active Player

Clearly but I did not factor that in considering people rarely get knocked down from 3 taps but if you do factor it in then the wolf still has 2 while DW uppercut, a combo that hits for similar damage, has 3....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.