DC,s Dead heres why

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Op argillite, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Op argillite Active Player

Dc has so much potential that im saddened to say just hasnt met, i fear that if Dcuo doesnt seperate from soe its only a matter of time before everyone quits .There are serveral reasons dc is dying id like to point them out in no particular order.

1. content is being built for the severly out dated ps3 witch has a negative effect on both the ps4 and ps communties.

2. dc is affiliated with SOE ,which greatly effects console owners in that they have no test server and deals are far and few between compared to the pc, as well as addng tones of unneccessary down time to the game as dc on its own has enough promblems to deal wth without adding psn intothe mix.

the last reason dc is dying is becaus all content is being rcycled instead of adding new content, most people dont want to replay the same crap over and over again. And lastly as a console owner theresknow good reason to be legendary , Test server would be great but we dnt have that so whats the point.
  2. zorile New Player

The end is near
    • Like x 7
  3. Tahaalizzy New Player

Dc is awsome
    • Like x 3
  4. zorile New Player

While dc maybe awsome. It does lack in certain areas.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I see grammar is still stuck in the grave.
    1. Blame SoE for supporting the PS3.
    2. It is not affiliated with SoE, it is owned by it. DCUO in itself does not have enough revenue to buy DC's licences.
    3. Isn't part of a MMO grinding, which means replaying the same content over and over?
    • Like x 26
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Pretty much the entire genre is built on the concept of milking content. If someone isn't fine with that I can guarantee them that most MMO's (all?) won't be for said individual.
    • Like x 15
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

For the last 4 years DCUO been dying..well it had a foot in the grave during the P2P phase but promptly got it out. As long as F2P is around itll be fine for the most part. Though i do agree with you on DCUO not being allowed to hit its stride
    • Like x 3
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

All.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Well all the successful ones as far as I know :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Deranya Dedicated Player

All I see is the tears of someone that can't get on Test Server. Sure, it is not ideal, but it has been explained many times and more why that is not possible for PS.
    I think the game would benefit from the PS playerbase on the Test Server, mainly because there are way more players. But it is not possible as of now, so one point down.

Not sure if that is even possible, but who knows how many PS players are PS3 or 4? If the majority still owns the PS3 and DC would close that path, then I'd say the game could die. But this is from someone who has no clue, so don't take this out of proportion.
    • Like x 3
  12. Yui Loyal Player

DCUO is far from dying. We have 8 DLCs coming. We have 3 New Powersets coming. 4 New Legends Characters coming. Future PvP Seasons. Future Survival Modes. Future Legends PvE. Yeah, we have so much content coming our way.

Also, I agree with you on content being recycled. However, you gotta admit that they introduce pretty cool new content too with new DLCs.
    • Like x 4
  13. nohealhere New Player

i dont min one bit they reued zam for the raid. give us more time to enjoy zam
    • Like x 2
  14. FuegoKiller Well-Known Player

uote="Op argillite, post: 2998541, member: 336789"]Dc has so much potential that im saddened to say just hasnt met, i fear that if Dcuo doesnt seperate from soe its only a matter of time before everyone quits .There are serveral reasons dc is dying id like to point them out in no particular order.

1. content is being built for the severly out dated ps3 witch has a negative effect on both the ps4 and ps communties.

2. dc is affiliated with SOE ,which greatly effects console owners in that they have no test server and deals are far and few between compared to the pc, as well as addng tones of unneccessary down time to the game as dc on its own has enough promblems to deal wth without adding psn intothe mix.

the last reason dc is dying is becaus all content is being rcycled instead of adding new content, most people dont want to replay the same crap over and over again. And lastly as a console owner theresknow good reason to be legendary , Test server would be great but we dnt have that so whats the point.[/quote]

For point #1 if you don't like then leave to PC
    For point #2 should of done your research some more bud
    For point #3 if you don't like replaying the content then good bye :) reply badges weren't always around, and you used to be able to run everything only once a week if I'm not mistaken. You could run all your content but had to wait a week to run it again, I might be wrong i don't remember correctly. The point is BE HAPPY you get to play the same thing that's all every game is lol you do the sane thing over and over
    We've had toooooooooooo many people complain and cry about DC for years but continue to play, DC is not dead nor will it be close to dying. One small Christmas hack and it's the end of the world for most people lol
  15. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It might not be dead but it's getting harder for me to defend it . I love this game but lets be real it's no were near as good as it could/should be that's not being a hater that's being someone who loves the game warts and all.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Was it Colonel Mustard in the dinning room with a candle stick?
    • Like x 7
  17. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Hm, let's see. Mustard.
    [IMG]
    Dining room.
    [IMG]
    And wrench..
    [IMG]
    ..darn...and I was so close too...
    • Like x 4
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

PC have more sales because it has the lowest population, and soe wanna keep them. I don't believe soe have to get permission from sony to lower the price of marketplace cash, wasn't that the whole reason soe created MP cash?
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Im kinda confused cause some ppl are trying to seperate sony and soe as if they're a different company but don't SOE stand for Sony Online Entertainment?
    • Like x 4
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree with point 1 but not 2 or 3.

There is no DCUO without SOE as it's their original creation. Your favourite developers can't come along and save DCUO because it's not an independent game jumping around from studio to studio.

Rehashing is fine in some cases but annoying in others. Seeing the same animations used time and time again is ridiculous. But at the same time, reusing a map like Oolong Island which had areas on it that previous had no fuction whatsoever is okay in my books.

Personally I don't think DCUO is dying. But as it ages, it isn't going to age well. It'll hold onto it's niche audience that have fallen in love with it but it'll struggle to attract and maintain new players who begin to accept modern, next gen (current gen) titles as the status quo. It's kind of hard to maintain interest from players who are exposed to titles that offer more and look a lot better visually because the platform they are exclusive to is less restrictive than a 10 year old console which had average specs to what was available at the time.

I also feel that they're likely to push away their loyal fan base slowly and surely, too. It's becoming more and more evident that content is designed to entice players into replaying it than offer an engaging and fulfilling experience. Raids are too easy and short. They still haven't got the rewards system right and it hasn't been right for a very long time now.

I'm about as loyal of a player as you'll find. Love and praise the game to anyone who wants to hear about it. But even I'm becoming tired of it. Tired of the lack of rewards to chase in DLCs. Tired of the same, easy, unfulfilling content optimised for maximum replay badge enticement. I'm most likely going to unsubscribe soon and just buy DLC packs again as I don't feel the game is worth the £80 a year (before additional Marketplace transactions) I currently pay for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.