Nature DPS OVERPOWERED? Yes, here's why

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

-__- that's all I got for you. And this: you don't need to state obvious things that everyone knows to get a point across. Being overgeared will let even the scrubbiest player beat content. Why else are there CR 111 players who have less than 70 SP out there? Dude, DUH- skill is skill, and gear is a completely different thing. I solo tanked L&W when it just came out with gear ranging from 94-96 level gear, NO PURPLE, and clearly not geared for the content. Solo tanked it the the whole way through as Fire, fairly smoothly, and I solo tank this raid all the time, still no full purple gear with VI expert mods in them since the best stuff go to my DPS first. So before you talk about "skill" like you're making a point, be sure to be relevant in what you're saying. Just helpful advice here for you. A bad player with high enough gear can get through pretty much any content, and missing a role is not really a thing anymore. Remember Them. Divided when it just came out? From the very first day of release, groups were already shouting for "no healer" runs. That is helped by this roleless buff. That is also kinda sad IMO, whatever, I guess I'm just old school. My point= skill >> gear >> content. Does that make more sense for you as to what I'm trying to explain?
    • Like x 1
  2. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I don't run Sorc DPS, so shard cc's, I have no personal experience. I should've name this thread "WHY DO NON-CONTROLLER OR TANK ROLES CC IN 4-8 PLAYER CONTENT". nature is just a prime example because of the consistency, effectiveness, and visual apparentness that the CC's done by Nature has. But all DPS, no matter what, should not be able to stun in the latest content, sure if the DOM is high enough, but dang...that'd take...every mod=DOM, skill point allocation=DOM just to get a number close to the minimum requirement. Why is like this you may ask? Because CC is not intended for non-controller/tank roles to do in group of 4+ content. Period.

I believe my freak out is justified, I really can't believe so many people actually think this is okay, for non-controller/tank roles to CC in the latest content...like, really????? What are you all thinking??!!
  3. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Lol Sore, I'm going to be sarcastic here right back at you and say-- OMG REALLY?? WEAPONS CC TOO?? WHO WOULDVE THUNK IT?? Okay, joking aside..obviously. Any player with ANY gameplay experience should know this. But what requires CC in 4+ person group content is meeting that DOM requirement, basically, not enough DOM, NO CC, and Nature, among with other DPS powers (apparently) can effectively CC adds in T6 content...even in Love & War! We've discussed this issue before, you and I, and you actually reply with good stuff, so I respect you. The issue should be addressed. My reasoning why it should is this; so what are controllers really good for anyway, if DPS & healers can CC in 4+ content? As batteries? By allowing a role to do another role's job, that first role has effectively STOLEN the second role's duty, or at least dimished it's importance, which isn't good either to promote team-play, IMO.
    • Like x 1
  4. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

This thread was intended for PvE. Get back on track. (couldn't resist trolling you, believe me I could say a looot more, lol) like...

-forget it. I don't need devs deleting any more of my posts, /jokingly trolling you :)
  5. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Cute, did you find that all by yourself? Awww...anyway nooo little one, it's not crying, it's called reasoning, now get with it. Crying is the sound you would make if something affected your morality, me, I reason with burning, fervent, passion. That is all, but thanks for the cookie, but I prefer cheesecake. Keep it.
  6. Serj Committed Player

guilty your original point is now invalid because obviously those nature players were overgeared for the content :rolleyes:
    good job of making yourself look like a fool.

just for the record, bad players will always be bad, no matter what gear they have. if a player doesn't understand how to block, roll and any other mechanics within a certain situation they will always be bad players, sure they might get through content but that's because there are 7 other players in the group and they are not as bad as they are(in some other words that can be called being carried).

now about those nature stuns tho...
  7. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Not all enemies have willpower, the DOM requirements is for enemies that do.
    If an enemy has 0 willpower, any dps can stun him.
    If the enemies willpower is higher than the players Dom, then they won't stun.
    Maybe a solution would be to give the enemies that dps can stun higher willpower.
    • Like x 4
  8. Dr DeviI Active Player

Yeah......lots of dps powers stun, perhaps it's just the profoundly large venus fly traps from harvest that make it look like nature is doing it more consistently.
    Ill agree that harvest can get toned down a little, and I think the devs should be a little more clear about the dominance/willpower rules so players can understand why their able to stun certain adds.
  9. RamW19 New Player

So the first the good thing nature gets and you sir are trying to take it awake from us with your jealously. Because leta face it the AM isnt even that good. You do know that over the years that Nature has been out not once did it ever have a animation. All we ever saw was our might numbers tick. You're taking away the only good thing that makes nature look fun. If they take this away because of a bunch of cry babies then honestly they have to put more animations into Nature. Regardless of the fact that it stuns or not, it is a venus fly trap and once it grabs you that mouth is closed for good.
    • Like x 1
  10. Heartsbane Committed Player

Paralyzing Dart and EMP Pulse will stun weaker ads in new content. However, it is not a long stun. They break out after a couple of seconds.

I mostly agree with OP. I don't want them removed completely because it's handy to give yourself a second to move or reposition. I don't think a healer or DPS should be able to CC anywhere close to a controller.
    • Like x 1
  11. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Serj, you're still not listening and insist on pointing out obvious facts like they have any sort of implication whatsoever to this topic. Want me to put it simply for since you cant seem to grasp what Im saying? Here- Dominance below suggested minimum to CC (as stated on the On Duty tab), NO CC. Dominance above, CC. Healer have DOM below suggested minimum. But they can CC. Nature does this probably on the most consistent basis. Take the facts, adds them up, let me know what you come up with. And if you say, something as obvious as "bad players are bad players" (umm...DUH), then I give up on you. And that takes a lot to make me give up. I hardly ever do.

edit: Nature can stun almost any add in t6 alerts and raids, no over-geared-ness here, and besides, dominance numbers are not above the suggested minimum. Going back to your first sentence. Is the observation that a healer should not be able to stun in ANY content, regardless of gear, foolish? Is it foolish to say that CC is the controller's job and that a healer who can do the job of a controller unbalanced and overly powered foolish? If you think it's okay that a healer can be a controller in a way, then who's really the fool here.
  12. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

"The only good thing that makes nature look fun"? That's borderline blasphemy there, pal. My nature leaguemate, who consistently pumps out HUGE DPS numbers would smack you for saying that (jus' sayin'). He uses AM, and believe me, this guys does CRAZZZY damage. I think he said he mixes DoT's and burst, but no matter, he uses the power-back mechanic and does, again, CRAZZZY damage with his fairly minimal 137 SP. By saying "stuns are the only good thing nature has for it",omg...I hope you retract that statement. To say the only good thing about a healer is that it does a job of controller is just plain..."big change needed", idk how else to say it. Nature has probably the BEST HoT's in the game. Some of the best DoT's too. Again, my experience with Nature playing it is 0, but I've seen it in action, and even then, I can say that Nature is "good"--- and that it doesn't need to be broken (in the sense it CC's adds when it shouldnt) to be "good". Plain & simple.
  13. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I think minimal CC's using Awesome Mechanics is okay, but if so, it should be evenly distributed among ALL powersets AM's, not just a few. Fire AM does NOT juggle in 4+ person content- at all, or if it does, it's very minimal- while Nature CC's almost every add. I think a fix is needed, either balancing all the powersets CC abilities, or just plain restricting it altogether. I mean, hey you wana CC and play that job? Fine, be a controller. That's a controller's job anyway, no matter how you slice it, imo, it's 4-8 player content for a reason...we do want balance in this game right?
    • Like x 1
  14. Serj Committed Player

and as others have stated, it's not just nature that can CC... but in all seriousness because your dom is WAY below the needed CC requirement a 1 second CC(or even less) doesn't even matter. the fact that nature can stun or any other power for that matter doesn't affect your dps whatsoever... the only thing that does is PI and if you can take advantage of it, good for you if not... oh well. the real fool here? i wouldn't go as far as to say that, but think about it, if you want to make a case according to what you say then all the controller should do is crowd control and all the healer should do is heal and so on... but that's not the case(obvious or not, since you seem to be knowing everything better than anyone).

at the end of the day if you go through the content no one gives a freck if the healer was stunning or not, if you're one of those scoreboard chasers i suggest you change your loadout, do something useful and stop b!tchin
    have a nice day.
  15. RamW19 New Player

Sorry pal but not once did I mention that nature was a bad dps. I never did so Idk why you are talking like I said nature can't put out damage. I said that Harvest is the only power that makes Nature look fun(looks fun) and I'm sure your leaguemate and I are the same as I always top the charts myself so I know damn well nature can compete no questions asked and all I run is DoTs. But like I said I never said it couldn't put out damage, I am saying that nature is gonna lack in animation.

Animations that DPS get to see during fighting.

Sorc- Soul well and Circle
    Gad- Emp, stealth, the grenades
    Ice- shields, boulder, wintery tempest
    Fire- spontaneous combustion and Its DoT
    Elec- has that thunder cloud(never been elec)
    Earth- Has debris fields, pets out that you can see, and those big rocks that come out the ground.
    Cele- Has plague, smite, annoit, haunt, tons of animations.
    Mental- Mass Terror, Pyro, Phantom Flames

But nature

You see 1 Savage Growth 1 vine lash 1 briar at the start of the battle and then we are stuck seeing only harvest. You remove the cc that it comes with and we are back to just seeing that hand Motion harvest does. You see once Nature gets into a long boss fight be barely see any animations.

Keep in mind sawrm isn't even noticeable when you're fighting although you can hear it.

I don't think its fair everyone gets something cool to look at while they fight and nature gets nothing. (Yes I am already thinking ahead because I know harvest is going away)
    • Like x 2
  16. PainGod New Player

I agree with you and why do I feel that this is a PVP nerf cry hiding under a its OP in PVE piginablanket thread.
    • Like x 3
  17. Serj Committed Player

it probably is, but in all honesty the only ppl who care about nerfs and such are crybabies who can't cope and adapt.
    • Like x 2
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  19. PainGod New Player

Agreed
  20. PainGod New Player

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.