How is EXCLUDING tanks from competitive PVP creating balance? V

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 18, 2014.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Lol how is HL the best DPS power?
  2. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Top pvp leagues who scrim competitively don't run the set up they prefer, they run the one that works the best. Which means right now, a no tank setup is the best setup for competitive pvp.
    • Like x 2
  3. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Well in the 5v5 tournament, nobody I saw or talked to used a tank. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anyone uses a tank in 4v4. We'll just have to test and find out if tanks are worth using. Also, there is always going to be something broken in pvp. The question is are you willing to adapt, or are you going to never pvp again because it is broken?
  4. ThunderlesStorm New Player

It is always a matter of opinion, but from what I've seen, the top pvp dps powers are hl, gadgets, and rage. Not sure which is best, but I know they all really hurt.
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

What are you smoking? Everytime I see I'm against a fire tank in a 1v1 I sigh and consider just skipping straight to the screen screaming lol.

As far as ice and earth and rage go, they still give me a pretty good fight. They are not seemingly impenetrable like fire tanks, but still worthy.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Chainsaw. Not Blockable and hits for stupid amount of damage.
    Tested it with a friend, was able to drop my 50k health to 0 in less then 30 seconds.
  7. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

I've run into quite a few tanks but pvp is broken right now, the CCs are utterly broken as well as the block, bb and lunge mechanics I'm facing guys who completely ignore the mechanic no matter how much i block they never fall down and if they do get blocked (the icon over there head pops) they don't fall down and continue to attack. I have fought players in shadowlands that liteally stood in one spot and just spammed melee attacks, I blocked this guy for 11 melee attacks then they spam wm without regard. You lunge them nothing happens, you block them nothing happens its insane right now.
  8. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

You can block the third swing. And I think gadgets is better right now.
  9. Crimson Jonni New Player

Touche. Chainsaw is ridiculous in PVP, i stress PVP because knowing the devs, they'll make it even more useless than it already is in pve.

But compared to some other abilities like outrage and emp, it still pales in comparison
  10. Crimson Jonni New Player

Second swing is actually blockable last time i checked. Not entirely sure, i 've been using whipthrash instead lately
  11. Dylan Top5 New Player

Gadgets is, Emp is not vulnerable to interrupt. Even when it goes back to being vulnerable to interrupt, the burst damage from emp/distract alone is enough to keep it the best.

Chanisaw is good, but it also leaves you open and is very slow, not to mention the way CC is now, you're lucky to get two swings off
  12. Gucciana Committed Player

honestly dude just by your forum name i dont respect you
    • Like x 4
  13. Itazuki New Player

Fire Tanks are just monsters in PvP right now. Though my Earth Tank feels useless in it... I switched to DPS for PvP.
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

Oops i missed something, its definitely blockable, maybe its a bug? Its supposed to be blockable on the second swing, and interruptible when you hold lunge. Maybe it was glitched when the devs sped it up?
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Chainsaw is not blockable. Hasn't been for a long time. I'm not sure if it's ever been blockable before. I went against a HL user earlier today, never did the block symbol come up when he was chainsawing me...
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

Hm. It definitely was blockable before, but then its definitely a bug. I havent used it or gone up against it extensively lately because all the other light users i face spam chompers 24/7. But in the past its been power chainsaw, and the second swing was slower and vulnerable to block, and the following swings followed suite. And the hold was interruptible.
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

18. BigAl Devoted Player

I go tank role but spec dps. 2 reasons:
    1. Cleanses.
    2. Self heals keep me alive longer.
    I like living longer but giving as much hurt as I can.

Don't blame devs for hurting pvp, blame stupid people.
    • Like x 1
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

I feel like tanks in pvp were balanced around objectives and then just ignored for deathmatch. I'm not sure how they could/would go about consolidating this though.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

As a Tank, I have PVPed in my Role and havent had any issues. If the Players dont run with with Tanks then its the PLAYERS choice, not the Devs.