PVP GU41 Testing notes

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xSpartacusx, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Fiery Weapon, Spontaneous Combustion, Inferno, Burnout, Mass Det, Word of power.
    Quick question. How are the DoT's comparsion? Such as between Fire's Inferno vs Rage's Galling Eruption. Do they both hit for similar amount of damage?.
    The amount of power cost might be a bit bad due to players forcefully specing prec and allowing WM to hit harder. [Is the out of combat regen in arenas the same as live?]
  2. Horrorshow New Player

It seems like the battles last a lot longer now. Does it feel like Legends PVP?
  3. Senexys Well-Known Player

Is this a typo or what?
    Fire • When in Tank role, using any super power in a PvP arena increases maximum Health by 1.45 Health per point of Dominance and grants a 65% increase in Healing received.

So fire tanks still get a 65% heal increase instead of 80%?
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Not a typo. It was previously 80% extra healing in now its 65%.
  5. Senexys Well-Known Player

Cursed idol and life drain, both are missing from the "tuned down healing supercharges" so they heal at full potential too?

PD: thanks for the quick answer Sabigya :p
  6. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

7. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Haven´t tested in in depth (might do that tomorrow) but i did noticed a good tradeoff using might/prec rather than full prec for fire.
    Spont combustion hits way lower, so maybe with the new update i won´t include it on my loadout. Neither do inferno due power costs. Mass det can hit around 5kish if you got a lucky crit, so imo is still underperforming not only for the cast time required, but for the setup.

And yes, out of combat regen actually quite faster inside arenas.
    • Like x 1
  8. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Completely the opposite. Yes, it have that "legends feel" but with the arena touch. I would say is pretty even. People don´t realize even with massive stats, the crits innates now are exclusively from skill points or power points. The new gear has no crit affinities. So even when the resto is higher, (7kish for healers, 3kish vit for trollers, 5.2kish might dps, 2.6kish prec dps,) you also have weapons close 480dp. You have way less crit heals, and a bigger HP pool. To put in in perspective, any free counter gives 4kish dmg. Now your healer has to heal through that just because that one of your team was not cautious. Power is now limited, so it will hurt the whole team.
    • Like x 1
  9. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Actually are addressing lots of things.
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It still is? In fact I'd even state the combat is even deeper and intricate now than it was before.

Just off the top of my head, aspects of PvP that are present now that weren't present or weren't relevant in old PvP:

• Block breaking on reaction (and all of the skills needed to achieve it such as knowing the length of tap animations etc.)
    • Rolling is far more important now
    • More aspects to read about an opponent (do they roll/do they interrupt their rolls with blocks/do they full roll/can they block break on reaction/are they predictive etc.)
    • Blocking actually takes skill now
    • Countless set ups for block breaks (like lunge cancelling) which just didn't work or were pointless in the past
    • Like x 1
  11. warpax New Player

i support the change, but there is alot of issues i noticed myself with the curretn test version. and since for some reason i cant post in testing feedback ill jsut leave this here :p i know alot of them are listed already, but if more ppl say the same thing more likely the change is gonna happen, right?

1. i heal debuf controller with sorcery condemn.
    2. my block is not preventing any dmg. i take 4,5k dmg and give 1,2k dmg to the attacker. ppl can just spam melee wm combos without beeing punished for hitting block. blocking is useless as it is now.
    3. heal supercharge (heals less than a normal power) intended? for a supoerpower that u need to hit a target for couple of minutes to be able to use it...seems too weak. unles su grant everyone 100% sc upon entering arena. or boost it a bit.
    4. dots..some powers have fast dot ticking, some have slow. but the total dmg is the same outside arenas. inside arenas powers with fast dot ticking are much more power and dmg efficient.
    5. sorc pet, dies instantly to aoe in 1v1 with the shield on him. i can only imagine how useless it is in group fights.
    6. shields. another useless mechanic. i wouldnt mind seeing shields absorb 25% of ur dominance or 30% resto or whatever...but making mitigate only 25% dmg is just bad. they lose their purpose. especaily on maps with consoles (like arkham) where shielding can be utililized. shields are used to buy time, and stop the dmg in for a sec...not to just lower the dmg...when i use shield i dont wanna see any dmg-in untill the shield cap is broken.
    7. powercost. fights are just too brawly i might go away from suport roles and do dps, cuz as it is now dmg modifiers surpas the role buffs.
    use a power every 5 sec and do wm combo = kill ur oponent. dont worry about blocks they cant block your dmg.

this is what i noticed in 5min testing, didnt even wanna go do further testing cuz this is overunbalanced. heared alot of negative feedback in last couple of days, adressing some of the things i listed, and some others (but since i didnt test other things i wont comment on those).
  12. yayagsc New Player

13. Senexys Well-Known Player

Maybe is just me but i dont really like what some people are saying about damage based heals (malediction/benedcition & remorseless recovery), they are taking away the unique playstyle of those powersets.

Rage tanking already got a small hit with this PvP changes, it haves to use two powers to mitigate the same amount of damage as the other tanks (25%) and with increased powercost is just awful to do this, the half crash reducers let you mitigate 12.5% damage for using TWO powers.

They tune down the only "healing" SC, infuriate and the heals was pathetic enough, i tested infuriate sometime ago and i was getting heals of 30 for doing 500-600 damage, is suppose to heal more when used with some teammates but is still worthless for a 35% besides the crit bonus and there is no more healing options to rage besides remorseless recovery.

Celestial´s case is probably even more terrible, it haves higher risk than remorseless recovery, they slowed down the combo not too much ago and if someone interrupts your combo you will waste a lot of power for nothing because in the past you got a small heal for yourself based on the DoT, now that the DoTs have less duration is less healing for the user.

This two moves can be wasted if you are constantly stunned, knocked or any CC effects, you have a time to make it useful for the amount of power wasted, i agree that 100% is a horrible percentage but 25% takes away the playstyle of these two powersets, probably 35%-40% is a better value.
  14. Master Play Committed Player

15. Senexys Well-Known Player

In the past remorseless recovery was a situational heal, if your enemy spam shields/personal dampening field is a waste, the current state is clearly OP but nerfed this type of moves to 25% is just killing powersets, there is a lot of things to take into account and while its not a big deal for a rage, its haves a huge impact on celestial battle healing, so not only malediction/benediction is slower now but i have to make a combo with a risk of being interrupted/CC´d and a chance of wasting a lot of power for 0 heals?

This two moves in particular should be adjusted, thats for sure but 25% just kills the playstyle of rage and celestial, there is better values than 25%, as for example in the 35%-40% range.

And then i see people asking why this moves are not affected by debuffs after a lot of time with this powersets? they are damage based, not restoration based.

And even with a 35%-40% percentage i dont really see a problem with that, shields are not debuffeable now, you can use them while your enemy use this moves (except the problem with healer´s shields going away after 3 hits...).
  16. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Hi, question. Tanks. How can tanks spec in pvp? Tanks are ment for toughness, survivability. This is pvp, not pve when you spec dominance and pull aggro etc... How do Tanks spec now? Is there a toughness mod being added? I'm seriously confused how tanking works in gu41... I hate dps in tank role.... Is that what tanks are in gu41?
  17. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Dominance has nothing to do with Aggro, fyi. Dominance factors into your survivability as a tank, so you will still want it.
    • Like x 18
  18. yaya2220 New Player

It de
    well it depends for if you into competitive pvp abd you scrim alot then you will have to spec like a dps and use dps mods but you need to have 2 rebuffs the rest can be dmg powers
  19. Prosser Dedicated Player

sweet now I can quote you every time someone trys to argue that you need dom to pull aggro while tanking :)

This is by far my biggest pet peeve when I tank in pug groups "WTF you no hold aggro! you need more dom so boss can't one shot me!"
    • Like x 3
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Cannot be overstated!
    • Like x 5