Please I beg of you...add Tala to Legends!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Circe New Player

I know what you're all gonna say "oh she's not popular enough", but really who cares? After the upcoming lineup of all popular (male) characters, Tala would be a nice counter to those. I have a few characters who would fit perfectly with Tala, and it's a shame she hasn't been released yet. I'd love to get the chance to play as this bad*** sorceress. And you can release Phantom Stranger as well, whose popularity is increasing. Tala would be an excellent addition to Legends.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tule New Player

She is not popular enough.

Raven, Starfire, and Zatanna are the only characters popular enough that I can think of off the top of my head. Maye Carol/Star Sapphire when War of Light 2 comes out. Plus there are plenty of girls in legends. Harley, Kara, Karen, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Circe, Huntress, Ursa.
  3. Stark Cold New Player

At one of the SOE Live panels the Dev's explained that female toons just aren't as popular.

We all have our favorites that we'd like to see added but you have to admit that it's going to be pretty hard for them to justify the resources necessary to create a Legends Character if it's not going to be purchased (either with marks and play time or with SC on the market place).
  4. Circe New Player

There are plenty of females, true, however we are getting a bunch more males with no female release.

Tala may not be popular, but her powers would make for really fun and interesting gameplay. With all the money they get from us, I don't see why they can't just release her as a free Legend for Halloween along with Phantom Stranger. Why does every Legend need to be a cash grab?
  5. Circe New Player

Um what resources? Just whip her together with the powers and model already in-game. Just take some magic blasts from Circe, re-color them, and give her some fire moves that are already in-game. Maybe a new fire-like teleport would be the only new thing. I don't get what's so hard about that. :/
  6. Circe New Player

7. Stark Cold New Player

You're right, you don't get what's so hard about it.

The resources needed to take magic blasts from Circe, re-color them, give her some fire moves already in-game. That new fire-lie teleport. All of that sounds easy-peasy but it all takes resources. Even if it's less than a days work to whip her together initially there is still testing, balancing, etc. which are more resources. All of that means at least one person not working on something else currently on the schedule.

To be fair I don't know what is so hard or so easy either. I don't create video games. I don't know the 1st thing about how many resources are needed to create a Legends Character (or any other piece of content for that matter). That said, it seems like it's enough that we are limited with the characters we have now or they'd simply whip them together from other models in the game, there are certainly tons to choose from.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Hey, Tala is pretty cool! She could make a pretty good legends character. Darn shame I might have been more inclined to support you here if you didn't treat everyone so poorly on your last thread about only males being released for legends and took what the developers said out of context. Repeatedly.

If you knew anything about Phantom Stranger you'd know that he's actually forbidden from fighting.

Also as per them not having the resources to do this, Green Arrow has been around in the game for ages but they aren't just going to slap him together real quick. They're going to take their time with him, make him fun to play, and pull from the comic books.

I take if you're here to stay then?
    • Like x 3
  9. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Since Phantom Stranger is a no go according to lore, maybe replace him with Klarion to keep in the spirit of the holidays.
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He's another villain who is lesser known and I can't say I've seen a lot of threads requesting him here. The best possible thing to do for Halloween would to be release Scarecrow :p He's been fairly requested here on the forums so he's got more interest than some of the last characters released in spite of being a villain.
    • Like x 2
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Phantom Stranger.. no.. although I love him to death... no.
  12. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I'd be good with Scarecrow, though I envision he'll get a lot of Stun moves, stupid fear gas. I also expect if he were announced to have 14 separate threads whining about another Batman related Legend. :confused:
  13. Spytle Executive Creative Director

She is so far down the list I don't even think she is on it. Sorry. There are SO many other characters who should be on the roster long before her.
    • Like x 16
  14. TheRealDeathern New Player

DOOMSDAY?!?!?
    • Like x 1
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

InB4 casual use of "this is blatant sexism".
    • Like x 7
  16. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

No thank you, I'd rather see all of the upcoming legends + darkseid, doomsday, larfleeze, black hand, mogul, star sapphire (carol ferris), poison ivy, mr. freeze, scarecrow, cyborg, martian manhunter, solomon grundy, lobo, raven (do I have to keep going?) way before tala would even be considered.

I'm pretty sure they'd all be more popular, too.
    • Like x 1
  17. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Even if we made a policy to only do females from here on out, there are so many characters that get on the list before we get anywhere near Tala. Here's a few off the top of my head:

Hawk girl
    Black Canary
    Raven
    Starfire
    Vixen
    Poison Ivy
    Batgirl
    Batwoman
    Mera
    Mary Marvel
    Spoiler
    Star Sapphire
    Big Barda
    Etc etc
    • Like x 16
  18. Master Play Committed Player

Raven would be lovely.
    • Like x 4
  19. ThunderlesStorm New Player

He was making a joke because the OP cried blatant sexism multiple times in a separate post. Then she quit the game forever... For about a week. You just keep doing what you can.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Well that much was obvious, but we all know how certain forumites responded to what you guys said at SOE live about female legends :p Thought I'd beat 'em to the punchline ;)

That being said really interested as to how you would differentiate Batgirl and Batwoman.
    • Like x 1