Funny story

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WhiteW0lf, Sep 6, 2014.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

This is a first for me. And yes it's just another thread to be amused by the stupidity pandemic found in the community sometimes.

So, as many of you know I am a troller/dps. I have also been playing this game since about 3 months after release. I see a LFG shout for a dps for last boss of lock down this morning. I send a tell, "dps 107". I get a response, "precision?".

I am immediately surprised. I am used to being asked my vit as a troll but never have I been asked my precision as a dps. So I go check because I don't have it memorized and I tell him my findings. At CR 107 with 146 skill points and fully modded though, you can imagine it's pretty high. But what surprised me the most was that that was all he cared about. Not the other dps specific stat (might), not what rotation I use or if I use dot's. Just precision.

But the funniest part is, mine was apparently not good enough for him lol. He then proceeded to look for a different dps in lfg.

Just thought you would all appreciate this story.
    • Like x 9
  2. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. Rasta Committed Player

Just one more idiotic person to add to the ignore list.

You were probably better off not joining. If he doesn't know how to properly get a group together imagine his skill level
    • Like x 8
  4. Errorcode1058 New Player

Influence?
    • Like x 6
  5. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

How many bank slots do you have?
    • Like x 6
  6. CHUD Loyal Player

Do you want fries with that?
    Would you like to add a large drink to your order??

Would you like an apple pie with that??
    (ding fries are done)
    • Like x 3
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine how crappy of a run that would have turned out being.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There is a reason why someone left during the last boss fight.
    • Like x 4
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Indeed
  10. FuryX New Player

I'm gonna stat asking for prestige contribution that week to join my groups... seems about as good a way to do it as this guys lol.
    • Like x 3
  11. True Despair Well-Known Player

What is your beverage of choice while playing dcuo?
    • Like x 1
  12. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

" I can't let you in if your precision is higher than my because you will embarrass me".
    • Like x 2
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I think a better question is does your supply drop have 4 balls or 5?
  14. Perseus Chase Committed Player

What if I tell you I got kick from the group when I switch to healer when the group got wipe TWICE vs Manta. I was the top DPS but I have to switch it because the tank is very squishy that he cant even survive the fire. I was mad at first but then im so mad that all I can do is laugh.
  15. Antc New Player

The only question you need to ask to make a good group.

"Do you agree with Ross or Rachel when it comes to breaks?"
    • Like x 1
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

I ask for blood type to make sure they match with the rest of the group. Testing for drugs would be counter productive as 95% on DCUO is high on something...lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Because precision is all you need right? I mean, all you have to do in Lock Down is swing your weapon at the enemies, and that's more that enough. Right? XD Good god

But that's funny, precision is probably the one stat I was never asked about. One time a guy was looking for a tank for Inner Sanctum (the T4 alert). And I told I'm available. And he only asked about my health. Just that. He didn't know my CR, SP, or anything else. I told him my health and he was like "Yeah that'll do".

Ah well :)
  18. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Oh man...they were both equally wrong. I mean this "we need a break" should have never even happened. This is why communication is key in relationships.
    • Like x 1
  19. Falco Committed Player

Sorry but if you reference Friends, you aren't allowed in any group of mine.
    • Like x 2
  20. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

That is funny. I add players like that to my ignore list when they invite. Then kick me because something is not op to there requirements. I even tell them what my cr and, sp is through tells. They ask again I say cr106 with 150sp. I get invited then kicked. Not very much but, by players who suck if they don't have cr1000 sp 1 mill plus. This game is not that hard but, for players like that good luck. They would most likely scream and, quit if they got knocked out 1 time. I do see players do that.