Hard Light Challenge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ACW37162, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

To those of you with video capability and a pretty standard league group. I offer the following hard light challenge.

Record two runs of the same raid. Any raid you choose.
    Show you gear and stats at the beginning.
    Show the scoreboard at the end and flip through all pages so toy can see power, deaths, captures, and kills.
    On one run use nothing but HL combos you choose, no weapon attacks.
    Second run play however you want but incorporate WM.

Looking forward to any videos posted while I try to figure out to record and post video off a ps4.

Edit for testing, per high ranking official

Clip, soder, supply drop, trinket away. It's a competitive small sample test. Test it accordingly. Use every advantage you have just one run no WM.
    • Like x 3
  2. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Hang on a tick.

You should be clipping weapon attacks. No weapon attacks is a bad test parameter. No WM attacks, fine, but no weapon attacks at all? That doesn't seem right/worthwhile.
    • Like x 10
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Agreed edited, you should be old school clipping, using weapons, just one run no red - cha-Ching WM circle.

The other cha-Ching away
    • Like x 2
  4. Crimson Jonni New Player

Doe
    does the Hdpvr work on ps4 yet? If so i'd be willing to forego this challenge
  5. Valsmurf Loyal Player

He's probably thinking of how the old HL used to play with all the clippety clip-clip and wants the same. Nostalgia i guess.

Although i must admit, chaining HL combos indefinitely is pretty fun.
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

It's a gamer driven user test. No nostalgia.

Recently published information suggests HL combos (AM) are on par with WM. I think several HL players made a face and went "whattttt".

Just a chance for everyone to see it and if not see it
    • Like x 3
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

Only problem i'd have is finding a suitable testing place. Perhaps i'll try Sons of trigon since i wont be recording for an hour
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Everybody and their mother knows how this will turn out.

WM wins by a landslide. Not even relatively close.
    • Like x 4
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I think the first boss run in Artifact for those with the required CR.

A four of five man Nexus run would be a good place also.

TD or Sons in an alert format.
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I think there is a bit, but it's perfectly understandable. HL has almost never been played using weapons except for the tap range people did in between the combos.

It is an interesting test though, because I do really like chaining combos (AM) I think they are indeed awesome and would love to have the dmg output comparable to WM. I thought combo chaining was how it was intended for us to play HL, but from jens's comment on this thread apparently not.
    • Like x 2
  11. Awesome Mechanic New Player

Incorrect. But thank you for showing interest. :)

You should be clipping Hard Light Constructs.

The only time pre-Game Update 36 I used a Weapon Attack was the Phantom Triangle or if power was an issue. (Like in a Duo or Alert once I ran out of juice or was countered attempting to Endless Construct Combo and got up off the floor).

Otherwise in a Raid at Melee-range it was Claw-Hold Claw clipped with Ram-Whip Thrash clipped with Snap Trap-Fan, with the only exceptions being Trinket / Supercharge / Supply drop clips. At Range, it would generally be some Construct Combo that ended in Fan so either Ram-Snap Trap-Fan, Snap Trap-Fan, or Grasping Hand-Fan.

Virtually no weapon attacks is the only test parameter that matters, as I outlined above. Hard Light's Construct Combos are its Weapon Attacks, except in PvP when you need to counter versus just being countered.

With Hard Light "you don't need a weapon, you are one".
    • Like x 7
  12. Awesome Mechanic New Player

And from WIP: Power Mechanics quoting Tunso:

"Power Mechanic Definitions
    You're probably fairly familiar with the first three of these.

Combo: Powers that transition into combo attacks causing Precision based damage. Combo powers achieve high damage output generally by clipping a combo with the next power."

We could always have a semantics argument about "generally". ;)
    • Like x 3
  13. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

I think its clear by now that WM is better than no WM...
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The idea here is if you have capability to record and post, show us.

Chart posted in another thread by the guys who run things says, hl combo clipping and WM are almost dead even
  15. Awesome Mechanic New Player

That chart shows that a Weapon Mastery Weapon Combo followed by a Power in the WM Window followed by a Construct on a single-target is almost dead even with a Weapon Mastery Weapon Combo followed by a Power in the WM Window on a single-target.

Spytle wrote:

"I just asked Tunso for clarification on that.

To contribute to the HL WM portion of this chart, you have to do a WM combo and not do any light combos at all - no AM.

To contribute to the HL AM portion of this chart, you have to do the AMs which trigger the Light PIs, otherwise it assumes you are not doing the AM. Use of WM leading into that is not excluded from the log. I am told it does not distinguish, at which point I asked if it could."

and

"The data is sampled on T6 bosses, including Survival Mode.

The data sampled is from all servers over the whole community. The log then shows us the top 10 players for each category. This chart shows the number one player only - Top DPS for that day in that category - who had the highest DPS output on the bosses we are logging. Obviously we have weeks of data and this is a single example, but the result reflects the ongoing trend."

and

"Trash mobs will skew the data."
    • Like x 2
  16. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Curious question Green, what is the hardest hitting WM finisher for HL. Chompers w/Pi, Snap Trap or Fan w/Pi, claw w/Pi. Ever dines I saw the graph it's my suspicion that not only are HL combos slightly underpowered by HL WM under performs. May be fixed with max damage mod maybe not.

HL is not terrible or broken, but it is a shell and it could use some tweaks.

I'm really hoping for some video proving it one way or another.

Aside I can get 15 min on video optometry the share feature of ps4, figuring out what to do with it after that not so simple.
    • Like x 2
  17. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Fixed.
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Excellent, show me.
  19. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ah alright, so i'll see if i can get a 4 man party of me dpsing and a troll tankand healer, and we'll walk into Nexus and test on the first boss fight.On the first fight it will be pure AM, and for the second it will be the way many of us have to play now , which basically consists of Chompers>inspiration>WM.

My point will be to show that you can do better without even using the AM, which speaks for itself with a powerset like this. I'll try to record tommorow after i get back from purchasing my books and work laptop for school
    • Like x 1
  20. Crimson Jonni New Player

Depending on how fast these runs are, i might just record the AM+wm, Wm alone, and AM alone to exemplify the missing 3rd column from that chart
    • Like x 2