Premium and Cash Cap - please read before you judge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flavian, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Flavian Committed Player

I fully understand the cash cap concept.

I support some sort of cash cap.

Each DLC, however, has increased the amount of cash flooding the marketplace for legendary players, and it's causing adverse effects on Premium users.

I propose a gradual cash cap increase for Premium.

Free - $1500
    Premium - 1500 + 250 for each DLC owned

This maintains the cash cap, but also provides a small incremental increase, allowing players who own all the DLCs to receive an extra little bonus in their cash cap. This rewards premium players who cannot afford monthly fees, while maintaining the cash cap limit concepts and the usefulness of escrow tickets.

So someone with 6 DLC would have $1500 + 1500 = $3,000

A person with 10 DLCs would have- $1500 + 2500 = $4,000 (barely enough to keep up repairs in a raid)

It's just enough to keep up with the repair costs of armor in raids.

Right now, with the current content expansion (DLC 11) it's impossible to raid if you are premium, unless you have at least 3-4 stacks of soder cola extreme to pay for repairs.

You get 5 deaths before you are wiped. A small increase really is needed otherwise Premium players will soon be completely pushed out of new DLC content.

I'm not asking for the moon here. I'm asking for an incremental increase based on the number of DLCs a person owns. A person who doesn't own that many DLCs will still be capped out much earlier.

Another point:
    I've got a lot of friends and guild mates who are typically overseas, where DLCs are a days wages, and it's impossible to pay for a legendary subscription. This would really help them without making legendary worthless. This would be a good compromise without losing the benefits of legendary.
    • Like x 10
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This has been discussed ad nauseum already....

Where's TKMcClone with his super post of thread breakdowns? LOL
    • Like x 11
  3. Owl Devoted Player

There is No Premium access Level listed on the DCUO Website:
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/shop/membership

You either have membership with a subscription which includes Unlimited in-game currency or you do not have membership.
    Non members may purchase Escrow tokens to access funds stored in Escrow.
    Also repair costs are minimum if you do not get knocked out.
    • Like x 4
  4. Flavian Committed Player

I didn't make up the word premium. I got it straight from the marketplace. Your little quote doesn't change that a Non-Premium member has only $1,500 cash limit while a Premium member has $2,000.
  5. Flavian Committed Player

Most of those threads don't even discuss this kind of solution, it's just a "RAISE THE CAP" without actually saying how to raise it in a way that reflects new content.

I'm giving an actual viable method which would maintain the legendary concept, while also allowing DLC purchasers an opportunity to enjoy the higher level raids with equipment that costs an arm and a leg to repair.
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Man, F2P has been here for almost 3 years. There is absolutely nothing that someone hasn't thought of already to get the cash cap raised.

Like I said, it's been 3 years, if they had a problem with it then by now something would have been done.
    • Like x 6
  7. Half-Blood_Prince Well-Known Player

People have already suggested the same idea you are suggesting.
    • Like x 5
  8. Flavian Committed Player

I know I have, but it's always buried in a thread which says: "RAISE THE CAP!" without any details. The details are usually on pages 4 or 5.

The fact is this:

Armor is becoming too expensive to repair for premium users.

If SoE doesn't reduce repair costs or increase premium cap, the sales for new DLCs will drop like a rock.
  9. Flavian Committed Player

The Armor Repair issue hasn't become an issue until DLCs 10 and 11.
  10. IdontDps Committed Player

No
    • Like x 2
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

Don't use stacks of soders, use stacks of equipment interfaces.
    • Like x 4
  12. Flavian Committed Player

what an "intellectual reply". Do you have another solution to rising armor repair costs? Or did you just come in here to say "no"?
  13. Flavian Committed Player

Yeah.... not sure if you realize this, but it doesn't exactly resolve the issue.
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

It does if your issue is not having enough inventory space for all the soders. :D
    • Like x 3
  15. Half-Blood_Prince Well-Known Player

Actually I've read quite a few that are very long and detailed.
    • Like x 6
  16. Radium Devoted Player

Nope, it was an issue for people 2 years ago, and a year after that, and its an issue now for you.

Eventually people just get to that point of "I think the cap should be raised for XYZ" when it gets important for them.
    • Like x 3
  17. Falco Committed Player

It is a good idea. So much so, that I would be willing to drop my legendary in favor of this idea.

That is the problem. The devs want MORE legendary players. Right now no money cap is one of (if not the ONLY) things legendary has going for it.

This is a big part of why so many legendary players are so up in arms over this topic.
    • Like x 4
  18. HiggletyPigglety New Player

People have already reminded people that people have already suggested the same idea the OP is suggesting.
  19. Flavian Committed Player

This unofficial/official cash token thing isn't exactly a real solution in regards to interface purchases and soders. It's not as feasible as just raising the cap in a gradual $250 cash way. DLC 12 is going to wipe people out on repairs for raids in ways you can't even guess.

Right now you need around 3,500 if you near Red status on your armor. When DLC 12 comes out you'll be plugging close to 6k for those RED repairs. Now I've been in bad raids before, where I've gone red 10 times, all because I was forced to pug it just to get a shot at new equipment. That's because pre-made raids are almost impossible to form when you have marginal CR.

With DLC 12 and above, you're going to see people being wiped out in slots and repairs much earlier and much more often.

The exponential increase in armor repairs is breaking premium users with DLC 10 and 11. People are posting these threads for a reason - the devs grossly underestimated the amount of cash needed to repair in a raid.

It's not a disaster yet, but it will be with DLC12. People will be unable to play without being monthly. That will end thousands of paying, non-monthly, players.

It's not feasible without an increase to the base availability. I have been crunching numbers on my own with reports and questions I'm asking current players, and 4,000 would be the minimum increase needed to maintain raid sustainability for premium users based on the proposed armor repair costs and durability.
  20. Enzan Committed Player

They need to add in the Marketplace:

Unlimited cash to carry(1 Month): $5.00
    Access to all DLCs(1 Month): $10.00

I think people will usually pick this over buying a single DLC, and doing so will have a good majority resorting to this when a new DLC is released. If they go on a leave for a few months, they can come back and use this as well or end up spending more just to buy all the DLC's they missed.

Sure, it looks like they'll lose $5 a month per previous Legendary subscriber, but they'll also gain it back and more with a profit from Premiums buying this option. Not to mention, a lot of people(IMO) who buy in this option will also buy the $5.00 unlimited cash for a month.

And if you want both, paying $15.00 for 1 month of legendary for added benefits.

That way they make money off Premiums even more, while satisfying a good majority of them. Over time, this will bring in more cash than splitting people between paying $15+ or nothing at all. More money, means more content, so let's make it happen.

Buuut, as previously stated, Dev's don't want to budge, so it's pointless to make threads like this. May the bashing, commence!
    • Like x 1