Healers its happening again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tazzaxe, Aug 11, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

Were tanks ever kicked "because of healers"? Tanks were never so actively excluded as healers are today.

Doesn't really matter to me. I heal... that's what I do... and I'm very good at it. I run w/ people who can appreciate that, and don't waste my time on those who can't. At this moment, there aren't too many who are skilled in Lockdown. It just so happens that this healer is. And, no, I won't DPS it. LMAO
    • Like x 4
  2. Zeikial Committed Player

And we didn't have 150+sp either, I agree with this post, and belive the content is scaling fine with our current stats. In a few months weeks, when good players are full 94 geared and modded these alerts and raids wont last 20min
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

not saying it is a good thing or deserved. jus saying, this had been a problem for a long time and seemingly no one cared when it was the tanks getting excluded

also: there is no difference between " Need DPS Troll Heal 4...."(from a DPS perspective) and "Need Roles 4 alert, no tank run" just because no one SAID specifically the phrase "no tank run" doesn't mean it wasn't "active"
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

never said it was right. saying, that no one cared hen it was happening 2 tanks
    • Like x 1
  5. Notangie New Player

I am probably on several people's ignore lists as my healer and troll because once I turned off role optional alerts, I'd stay at the entrance until I saw a shield next to someone's name. If they wanted to do it faster by excluding a role, I was more than happy to waste their time by not healing or trolling without the role they signed up to play...just saying, not all healers hate tanks.
    • Like x 4
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

People didn't have to actively say it for tanks. I responded many times to alert requests on my tank only to have the person asking for "all roles" change their LFG to "all roles but tank" immediately after my tell was sent. It's possible they already found a tank and just did not respond to my tell, but that was not the impression I got from it. I also queued into things and had people ask me to switch to dps on my tank or they'd kick me.
    • Like x 1
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Negative ghost rider this community would sell the dead mothers priceless family silver collection for a DPS
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

this Game is first dead when u will see: GLF xy (no dps run)
  9. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Switch for him. I assure you he'll regret it fairly soon :)
  10. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I'll pay cash money to watch no healer runs of breach and inter gang. It should be very funny!
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Or else what? You'll take them behind the woodshed?
  12. C3alix Committed Player

Just yesterday I pugged IG without a healer. Took us maybe 40 minutes to get to the end, but our 2nd DPS was forced to turn healer because they thought it would have been easier to get the feat without a healer.
  13. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I'd love to see the video. How many wipes?
  14. C3alix Committed Player

Until we got to the last part zero. After that maybe 5 times lol.
  15. DC-Doll New Player

I saw the same thing happen today. My league and I pugged a tank for the league hall alert and all he did was whine and moan at the healer for the first half of the alert (for being a healer, the role she's been playing for 2+ years mind you) until she went dps to shut him up. She went back to healer for the end boss, we wiped and he had a hissy fit because "it would be faster without a healer". And opened a vote to be excused. I'm not sure if it's the large health pools, the fact we aren't all fully geared for the tier, or some of the communities attitude after being carried through 10 minute alerts and 15 minute raids but something needs to be evaluated.
    • Like x 2
  16. Solutha New Player

I've done no tank runs and no healer runs and both went smoothly. You just need to tweak your dps loadout and block when you draw aggro. Sure you will go down occasionally but if the other group members are good at their pickup game then its not a problem
    • Like x 1
  17. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I've run both with out a healer. It's possible.

I've also run Intergang with 4 trollers. We wiped once on the last boss, but beat it.

You can run all these alerts with any group composition. That's the point. It's an alert. I haven't seen a lot of shouts of no healer runs for anything, so I'm not sure why this post is even relevant.
    • Like x 2
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

For how long healers have been excluded? Solo healers: Since every healer became op with high resto with T5 gear.
    No healer: Just a couple of months.
    For how long tanks have been excluded? Solo tanks: since 2011.
    No tanks: Since role-less buffs, years ago.

So...yes, you are correct. Tanks were not excluded as healers are today. Tanks were even more excluded.
    • Like x 2
  19. Feenicks New Player

That's not happening in the groups I'm running with!
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Why they should/would do something like that when they did nothing for the tanks that were being excluded from the content?