Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N_nonymous New Player

Okay, well I might as well throw my 2 cents in this conversation.

This situation with bringing back the DLC Marks is confusing. First, You take away Marks of Krypton, War, Reality. Now you want them back. For this, I want the option to do a reverse conversion of the Marks. We exchange a Mark of Reality for 625 Marks of Triumph. So can we exchange 625 Marks of Triumph (or more than 625) for 1 Mark of Reality?

Secondly, I disagree that everyone burns through each DLC within a month. I'd say only the popular people do. If you seen the LFG chat, people consistently request "expert" groups. People who are introduced to new DLC cannot catch up as fast enough because they are expected to be CR106 right away when they hit CR100. Plus, Replay Badges make everyone burns through the DLCs quickly. I've seen active leagues grind out your DLCs in a week (probably less than that). I'm not even half way done of DLC 10 yet.

This isn't me raging on the topic, I'm just delivering the counter arguments of this topic.

Thank you for reading
    • Like x 2
  2. Azrael New Player

Loche,

You dress it up all you want...its just a bad idea., This micromanaging within a tier makes the a each tier seem smaller and more restricted. FYI I don't play DCUO to get styles esp. styles I don't like in particular. I'm concerned for with overall gameplay experience, options, fun, and longevity. This update kills those things. In less than a month people will leave or complain how tedious DCUO is.

I guess i play my daily 2 alerts per day and done.....yay....oh and one day a week i get 3 other things to do.

And if I want to get more of the DLC a week I will have have to spend ADDITIONAL money. C'mon guys how many mmos currently and will be released that are offering more options to play w/o the ADDITIONAL cost for repetition. Destiny keeps looking better and better.
    • Like x 6
  3. Ice Lantern New Player

This all seems really disingenuous. You apologize and even admit the timing was bad and yet you guys seem to have no interest in setting things right. I have a real hard time believing that it was not malicious. If not for other actions taken by you guys in the past I may be more inclined to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. But you guys have simply exhausted the trust of many players. If you guys truly feel badly about this and this was not malicious you can easily show us by postponing this change. But I have a very strong feeling this won't happen nor would it even be considered.

The funniest part of all this is that you guys are doing this to solve a problem that you guys created by introducing Replay Badges. You guys can say you introduced it to give the players options but we all know why they were introduced.
    • Like x 6
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

I mean this in the nicest and most non-troll-ish way. But the problem with the idea isn't that you guys haven't explained it well enough. It's that it is quite simply not the best solution in my eye to increase play value artificially. It is actually quite unfair. "Lets take away content to make other content last longer" Wow. That is the best solution in you guys eyes? Really? Honestly? I am so glad you guys are still looking at our feedback though.

Also:

The more you try to fix the Speed racers (people who speed through content) problem, the more it will have an adverse effect(affect?) on all the other player base. It is quite literally a self-inflected problem. If they replay badge or GRIND for their gear, Why not let them? I like to think of myself as casual player. It actually DID take me two-ish months to finish AF1 content. From my perspective, JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT OF CONTENT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HAVE TO RUN IT ALL EVERYDAY. And to be honest, I wouldn't run it all. Wouldn't have the time. And the people who do? Why not LET THEM. What are they gonna do? Complain about the lack of content? It'd be factually incorrect thus not even worth agonizing over.It's like you guys are trying to appease a demographic that isn't even really a demographic. "Lets help the people who speed through content, enjoy the game more! By making it harder for them to speed through content!!!"
    • Like x 7
  5. Skidmarc Committed Player

In the end I fear all of this is pointless. Yes, they will "listen" to the feedback and comment accordingly but I am getting the feeling that their mind is set on this and so we here are just beating a dead horse. They don't want to scale it the current marks. As to this 31 page argument (thus far) about how much we don't like the idea I won't say anything more here. It will be stuffed down our throats and we will say "thank you sir, may I have another" if we wish to continue with the game.
    • Like x 2
  6. Loche Developer

The Style Vendor that takes Marks of Power has the same list as the one that takes Marks of Fury.
    • Like x 5
  7. Twisted Titan Committed Player

So does this mean you are going to scale content in DLC 12 so that players that skip DLC11 will but able to complete the solos/duos/alert/raid? If I'm CR100 am I going to be able to run your planned content for DLC 12 and not get crushed? I highly doubt it especially the way you all design your content lately.

Most players don't want to skip content. We want to play everything, but we want to be able to play at our own pace. There are people that can only run a raid once a week if at all. I don't see why Sore's post (that has tons of likes BTW) can't be done.

• Like x 5
  8. Loche Developer

Yes that will be raised. The issue was the storage size in the DB. We had gotten to large, and it needed to be updated. This will be making its way live soon.
    • Like x 9
  9. TimeManipulator New Player

Can you guys please give us boost 3 for all our home turf base items. Tactical mods can still be added to head legs shoulders and waist. Supply drop desperately needs a boost 3. Please relay this information, I've suggested this numerous times. Rare vendor styles could also be switched to mot but it would cost 65500 .
    • Like x 2
  10. Karbonala New Player

This +1million
    You seem to have made your mind up already. The right thing for you to do would be to postpone this change. But even though you say you are looking at the feedback, you are not taking it into consideration.
    • Like x 4
  11. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

So you guys are concerned about how fast you can get the only DLC 11 style and gear, which is not even the best you can get, and if you can't get it, it automatically makes AF1 useless because there's no other place to expend your marks on.

You guys know I'm not usually a fan of the devs, but hey, all this show just for 1 style... Well, it's heavy lol. If the best gear was from a vendor I would totally understand it, but its not the case. This is like a massive overreaction.

Suddenly everybody is casual, must be in the game then, because in the forums no... Obviously.
  12. Quantum mercenary New Player

I'm confused you devs say this gearing up to quickly has been a issue since t5 then how come you guys didn't address the community awhile ago atleast warning us of such a radical change I mean you guys have had plenty of opportunities all the fnl episodes and live streams when you're promoting things it could of atleast been brought to our attention. Sorry but not buying the whole "we didn't do this out of malice" c'mon you guys knew exactly what you were doing and it's insulting to try and say otherwise.
    • Like x 2
  13. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I was irritated and depressed when it became apparent that the next DLC will have NOTHING for people that enjoy small group content to do. Now with this travesty I'm just mad.

The Uber-Raiders cried with the last DLC and they now have been promised that in small group content -- they'll get Raids, and of course in large group content they'll get lots of Raids, but the reverse is completely untrue. People that only have time for or only enjoy small group content will now get NOTHING from large group DLCS.

And now to pour a mountain of salt into the wounds, we're going back to the kaleidoscope of a jillion different marks. If you don't enjoy raiding -- too bad, that will be your only option for progression.

Oh well, Destiny is coming out. Even the ESO devs recently posted that they are revamping their endgame so that people will not be FORCED into large group play to progress. I guess if the small group players are so hated here, then there won't be much reason to stay around -- Several devs have now all but said that as far as they are concerned the Uber-Raiders are the only players that matter to them. :(

It is such a straw man to characterize small group players as being people who don't even play one alert a month... why even bother making any small group content at all if that is how you feel about us? Just make every DLC only Raids and increase the lockout to once a month so that you can get your replay badge money.
    • Like x 5
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Of everything you said I did not see a mention of possibly instituting a weekly cap. Is this possible for a solution instead? Keeps variety but throttles progression.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Ski Active Player

Well , i'm one of the players that don't mind them doing this, for it gives all players the chance to start at the beginning for that DLC, so the new Marks will start everybody at the beginning to earn Marks for that DLC, cause if it was to use marks of fury than alot of players would have alot of gear on day one, including myself, so this way i can start a fresh, PS, but for legendary players will have a weeks head up on the free players
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm all in favor of stopping the avalanche. I'm just bummed it took a variety of content off the table for CR progression. That is collateral damage they could have avoided if they tried.
    • Like x 8
  17. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

As of this posting, Sore's compromise suggestion now has 86 likes. Why can't this be done instead of making small group DLCs meaningless?
    • Like x 2
  18. Quantum mercenary New Player

At the end of the day this whole move was very sneaky and underhanded. You say people are gearing up to fast but hey we don't mind how fast you gear up if you're using replay badges if you guys were so concerned of people gearing so fast and burning through content than why not do away with replay badges . None of your excuses are making any sense. I said it before and I'll say it again the devs will be the death of this game.
    • Like x 5
  19. The Ski Active Player

I like solo's and due'os myself,what they should do is take some t1-t3 missions and make them harder and call them t6 missions so players have solo's and due'os to run, yes it is great for 4 and 8 men missions but missing solo's and due'os is not right, just take missions from a t1-t3 solo and make it harder and call it a t6 solo
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

U say shared marks are decreasimg the value of the dlc well how is having letting people skip every other dlc keeping the value of any dlc? Imo that decreases the value of them if a player knows they dont need the dlc to progress.

And u say grind for styles and stuff with marks of fury, well what if i have all that done already? It basically means if i play 1 toon and have finished my 3 t6 raids for the week i have 2 alerts to run and im now done for the day. Imo that decreases playtime, which u said above shared marks are doing that. If dlc10 and 11 shared marks i would have 2 solos, 2 duos, 3 alerts to run daily. But with the change i now have 2 alerts to run daily which cuts my playtime by more than half if im only grinding MoPs. That is not increasing playtime, its decreasing it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.