Not enough content for Halls of Power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MentosTroll, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The thing with Hall of Power, if it continues to MOF you can easily get the gear by playing your Solo and DUOs from AF; however, if the markts change to MOP, than you are SOL and will have to start running the group content to get the best bang for you buck...
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

and? Who the hell cares if someone who wants to only do Solos and Duos wears the same gear as me? Besides, in case you haven't heard, there's better gear dropping in the raids, which is flat out off limits to anyone who refuses to run them. Isn't that enough? or do we have to start suffocating everybody now because some people just don't want to "play with the big boys".

This doesn't apply to me, by the way. I'm just pissed of that for the next 3 months, my days are going to be Log in > Same 2 Alerts > Log out. I'm also angry at the extremely pitiful excuses they've given for simply not just scaling the cost of gear.
    • Like x 1
  3. Octantis New Player

People need to stop pretending they care about casuals and solo players. You all know at one time or another you've told one of us "This is a Massively Multiplayer Game, that means you have to interact with people. Stop being anti-social."

When 2 Alerts / 3 Raids were announced for Halls of Power, everyone was like "Yes! Finally! 3 Raids, OMG!" Now all of a sudden you're asking for solo content, too?!

B.S. Every time solo/casuals get something for them, it's heralded as "The worst DLC."

Solo players were getting the shaft once the best gear came from Raids rather than Marks, and you all know it. Stop acting like Marks of Powers or a Large-Group DLC is doing it, because it's ultimately no different now than it was then.

Besides, the next DLC after HoP is another Small-Group DLC, and I'm tempted to screenshot-save every thread leading up to HoP where people are all of a sudden supporting solo players' right to play this game just to put up when DLC 12 hits, because I know the same people will be saying it's a terrible DLC, even though it hasn't even been announced yet.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hero of Justice New Player

Truth be told I had forgotten about that. My guess and hope is that we will see a lot more small content in the small content DLC's to compensate. Also, I don't think it can work because Raids take significantly longer to produce:

Amazon Fury 1 had 2 sSolos, 2 Duos, and the Alert... 5 pieces of content, not including the dailies.
    Halls of Power has 2 Alerts and 3 Raids... 5 pieces of content again, but significantly larger and I believe longer to produce.

In the future I'm hoping for at least 3 duos and 2 challenges, to go along with the Alert and Raid. Or add an Alert and take away a solo or whatever, that's the basic idea I would want. If that's not the case in the next small-scale DLC then I will be of the same mind as you guys. But for now I understand why it's all Alerts and Raids for HOP 1.
  5. Ruyver New Player

You must have missed BFE, which in my opinion is the best DLC to date.
  6. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I find this statement disheartening. We can make about 5 pieces of content for each DLC - size of the content does not matter as it scales down, but certainly matters if it is scaled up. We can't add 4 more instances and open world daily content. It is simply WAY beyond our scope. It is very true I suppose: you can't please everybody. I think this DLC is one of the largest as far as content goes.

I'd like to live where you live. Those are some amazing values, to get all that for 10 bucks, sign me up.

Nope, that was not the point of the small to large DLCs. The point was to try and give more of a particular type of content for a particular type of crowd. Prior to that we would hear complaints from everyone that "There is only one [x]!?!?!" x being either a solo, duo, alert or raid. People that only play one type of content are simply never ever going to be happy with what and how we release things. But, I figure they are limiting themselves, and if we had to make a choice, well, this is an MMO, so we would lean toward larger content types. Solos take nearly as much effort as raids and they are hardly played (based on our data) compared to other content. We throw them in to be kind, but they are an aberration in this type of game, imo.

Your conspiratorial mind is running amok. That is not the intention. Skilled players should be able to run right into 2 of the three raids. Some players, however, are not as good, and may need to get a few pieces of gear to gain the benefits of those stats to get through the content. Your mileage will vary based on quality of play. As for replays, that's a patience thing on the players part. The progression is designed to allow a moderate player to have everything from the DLC by the time the next one comes out. If you have to have it on day two...that's on you.
    • Like x 29
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

HAHA, I thought the same thing when I read that... I can get one of those things for $10 if I'm lucky.... :D
    • Like x 5
  8. Ebon Angel New Player

Your comment about solos troubles me. If you are including them "to be kind", my concern comes from the type of solos provided in this content. Players might not play them because they want to play the character they created, not Bizzaro, or Wonder Woman. Could you consider this as the issue for why it rates low in your data?

I would never try to assume I know what it takes to put together each DLC, but the all or nothing choice of large or small content is really affecting how players will chose to play going forward. And as someone who loves and plays this game, my fear is that we will lose more players than we will ever gain.
    • Like x 6
  9. MetalMario Loyal Player

Battle for earth only had two instances that were relevant to players who were current at the time. This DLC has one more raid than that as well as two alerts. There's no comparison here at all. Halls of power has way more relevant content.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This is similar to what happens with War of Light came out...The best in game gear dropped in A&B; most of the time when I play, the RAID always dropped the better gear...Get over it...

It is my understanding that you can convert MOF into MOP...So no one has any reason to start mopping about the new DLC coming... .
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Amazon Fury has 2 Anomalies, 3 solo, 2 Duos and the Alert. ... 8 pieces of content

And it has the extra mission you get once you complete 15 solo missions.

Your math was off a bit. ;)
  12. RavenSW Well-Known Player

I agree completely, up through t4 I played the solos constantly, despite not having any t4 solo content. The frustration of the iconic solos, in relation to forcing me to play in a way that was unfamiliar, with none of the benefits my gear provided, includings soders, was bad enough. That my gear was mysteriously replaced, the fact that my gear still took damage and had to be repaired as I learned the different style was also a turn off. It made the solos a waste for me, with little benefit to play them beyond the feats, I never touch them anymore. I would gladly play a solo with my characters, so I for one would love to see an older style of solo in future
    • Like x 4
  13. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

The 3 solo missions count as 1, sorry.
    • Like x 2
  14. Spytle Executive Creative Director

An open world mission is nowhere near the fidelity of an instance, so you should be counting those as fractions if you feel they must be tallied. It would be safe to say that all the content in Amazon Fury's Gotham under Siege zone were about as much as a single instance, if not a bit less.

**Edit:

Appending this statement:
    Kaiser has the right way of looking at this, but as you can see Kaiser, the whole ZONE counts as one, if not a little less.
    • Like x 6
  15. Spytle Executive Creative Director

The reason we do iconic solos is because it is nearly impossible to work out content that can be played for both factions, alone, as your character. In other words, we find it hard to make those shared in any way. So they take a lot more effort to make different for each faction. Iconic anomalies and visions were a very good way around that. If we can't do those, because they fail to meet your satisfaction, it's likely you can kiss solos good bye.
    • Like x 8
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  17. Gunny New Player

I'm not sure what the big fuss is.

DLC's are not supposed to double the gamesize with each one released.

Considering they got to the point they will have as much T6 content released in two DLC's as T5 had in three of them.... I'd say these DLC's are pretty hefty in terms of the amount of content.

If you go and limit yourself to only one kind of content and them complain you have nothing to do.... that's just wrong on so many levels. Experience all aspects of the game, and you might really start to find an appreciation of how this game is run.

The game and SOE managing it are very much improving over the past few months. We're finally starting to see a variety of years-long problems be addressed, along with countless new ones fixed before they even turn into a problem. Instead of reacting to issues and playing damage control, we're starting to see plenty of signs of proactive remedies for issues before they even turn into serious problems. The Developer-to-player interactions are off the charts in comparison to how they used to be - and in any other game out today.

These are good days in DCUO. Its sad that they didn't come until over 3 years later, but the fact is that the game is going VERY well now.
    • Like x 3
  18. Clip New Player

Wow... You really believe that dont you? What do you think they talk about in meetings with their bosses?

Plain numbers about how many replays were sold, how many times things were reseted and other stuff was sold.
    Or about which raids people did enjoy and which one they dont run that often...
    Remember it is their job not their hobby with some friends in the basement.
  19. Ebon Angel New Player

Must these be shared? In leveling and lower tiered duos, factions have entirely different missions and there is no commonality in even area played in.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ruyver New Player

BFE, had more overall content for ALL players not just for the OP or Over geared, It had tier 2, 3, and 4 content and a new power. The new style of only putting out only top tier content is why they now have to change up the marks with each DLC.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.