Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kav Committed Player

I'm sorry that I didn't even highlight that, but ehm... what do people do who are more Solo/Duo-dudettes? They're left out, kinda. That's why this is a bad idea. Yes, I realize this is about Leagues and Groups but we should not alienate soloers or people who rather take the grind through a duo.
    • Like x 12
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Gear from Amazon fury is still good and it will definitely help them towards HoP.

It sucks we can't use the marks.

The next question should be how they gonna do the style vender
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

Congrats! You just might be the type of player with the type of speed of progression that will always leave you at the red light and waiting for everyone else to catch up.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I can appreciate this point. No solo or duo content will exclude those who stick to that. Don't understand why one would, but that's their preference, and they shouldn't be punished for it.
    • Like x 8
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

With three toons over 180SP, I'd say you're probably more than one standard deviation ahead of the curve!
  6. Ebon Angel New Player

I agree wholeheartedly with Sore's suggestion. My other concern is, once again, we are getting a ton of MoT with nothing to purchase, especially with this much lower cap. Each time this change in currency happens, the gear in the rare vendor changes to the new marks. This is making it harder for me and others to feel great about this announced change.

I just wish the "domino effect" as it pertains to how the change impacts the older content and rare gear items would be considered more. For me, it seems like we are climbing uphill with little reward unless we complete every gear or feat in the time the particular DLC is out. There is progression...and then there is frustration. Coupled with this prestige confusion, this just adds gasoline to the fire for me.
    • Like x 6
  7. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

So what is the CR requirement for dlc11
  8. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

This^ their needs to be better explanation on why SOE mis-lead the community.
    • Like x 6
  9. GammaGreenLantern New Player

The devs are catering even more to leagues and large group content even after the fail that the current prestige system is?

So to be able to progress past 106CR, you are now being forced to do large group content...I know alot of players that prefer to run duos/solos....

the reason this is being done is so that players have less options to earn marks toward the HOP vendor gear, thus resulting in players buying more replay badges... I understand there is more content then usual in this DLC but that does not mean players that prefer to run small content should be punished....devs are just doing whatever they want and thinking the player base will just take it...

Just to clarify I prefer large group content (raids, alerts) and I am a co leader of a league with over 50 members, but the way devs are just forcing players to play their way is a huge joke and it's not right...
    • Like x 7
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

First off I agree with the mark decision cause it slows the progression a bit...we can't buy gear as soon as the dlc drops

But you are going to have to do something about large and small group dlcs having something for everyone..

The raid crowd screamed loud enough and got atleast one 8 man content per dlc...

I think the small group crowd should atleast have a mix of solos and duos in all dlcs... Whether it be 3 solos and a duo or 1 solo and 2 duos or 2 solos and 2 duos how ever you do it every dlc should have SOMETHING for everyone... Me personally I enjoy alerts the most out of all content.... So I'll always have somethin but people who only like duos are getting the shaft.... This is something to think Bout....

Lastly in your quote above you clearly ignored the posters main point.... Spytle specifically stated marks of fury would be used for halls of power.... People spent replays gathering these marks cause they were told by a dev that it works otherwise they wouldn't have wasted their money.... It is a form of false advertisment which is actually illegal... I'm just saying I'd figure out a for. Of compensation or you might have a lot of angry customers...

Again I agree with this decision but it should have been mentioned months ago so people knew upfront otherwise it looksike you used shady tactics to continue getting profits from replay sales..

At this point id suggest to everyone be careful what you spend your replays on don't bank on business as usual cause even if they tell you one thing the will change it on you after you've spent your money
    • Like x 5
  11. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Yeah and so are our subscriptions to your game when you directly miss lead the player base.
    • Like x 6
  12. Lightws Dedicated Player

Devil to answer this question style vendor seems to be under MoF not MoP so theres still a reason for MoF. Or they might just create a secondary version of the styles to put MoP on it. Either way will work.
  13. Azrael New Player

LThis is a terrible idea... A TON of content....ummm..just cuz it has 3 raids.... it has NO SOLOS and no DUOS. So the only daily stuff is 2 alerts...oh wow what fun. At least with AF I had 3 solos, 2 duos, and an alert 2 do daily.

Wow I can't believe you guys are doing this....why even have the MoF cap....you guys just want ppl to replay the raids to death, so I can get good the BEST gear for what? so then the next DLC(12) will be a bigger breeze for me!? That quick cash scheme is not going to provide longevity for the game. Having fun and plentiful content IS good for the game.
    • Like x 10
  14. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Could you not just inflate costs but remove the need for Replay Badges so we can play whichever content/mission we choose? Or would that not work?
    • Like x 1
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

that's what I'm worried about. They shouldn't touch the style vendor and leave it at fury. if they make a new set of styles for mop thats fine.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rockfall New Player

Thanks for the info. A lot of people in league were assuming the marks would be Fury, so it's great to have advanced notice of the change, much appreciated.
  17. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Another thing that makes no sense....

The devs said they are designing DLC's so that some cater to small group content and other DLC's cater to large group content. Their reasoning being it allowed everyone to be able to play the game the way they like...

BUT this whole new marks for every new DLC system they are implementing contradicts the entire premise of their idea as either way players will have to complete whatever content the current DLC offers, whether they prefer small content or large content....

Honestly this is pretty ridiculous...just think about what I wrote before you reply please....
    • Like x 11
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Tere are two Vending Robots on the Test Server with the exact same style lists. One accepts Mark of Fury. The other accepts Mark of Power. Look for Vending Unit 11 in the Aquacultural area.
  19. TrueOlympus New Player

I HATE shouting for groups. That's why I LOVE doing duos and solos. I can just que up and go. Don't get me wrong I like Alerts and Raids as well, but I enjoy the flexibility a VARIETY of content gives you. I was excited about Halls of Power not just because it had 3 raids and 3 alerts, but also because it adds flexibility to my progression through ALL of tier 6 which SHOULD include Amazon Fury.

Maybe I'm only logging on for a few minutes. "Hey I can do that duo and still have done something that progress my toon!" now with the current plan, "I can only be on for a few minutes... wow, all of these raids/alerts take 30 minutes+..... guess I'm logging off then....."

BAM!
    • Like x 23
  20. Tre Day New Player

Considering that there was something going on concerning SOE, I'm pretty sure that could be the reason for the delay.

(shrugs)

I'm sorry, but this whole idea of 'why was I not informed of changes at this very second' mentality kind of rubs me the wrong way. And I don't really see this as something 'backhanded' or anything of that sort. It would be 'backhanded' if they didn't address the issue at all.

Everyone is free to make and voice their opinion. I just thought I'd voice mine on that part of the matter.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.