Update: Marks of Power

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaZaNoVa New Player

Thank you for the response!

Also, what will happen with future DLCs in the trilogy? Will they use their old Marks from the first parts, AF & HoP primarily, or MoP2?
  2. Radium Devoted Player

If each DLC stays generally consistant then this would be the most optimal situation.
    • Like x 1
  3. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Couldn't agree more here, Sore. This limits the options for people and not just for the small group crowd. What happens when they release a small group focused dlc in the future with lots of solos and duos? Large group fans will not be happy about that change.

It will also cause people to more easily skip DLCs entirely without regret. I mean if there's a dlc with content you don't like, just wait till the next the one and you will not have missed aboslutely anything except a few feat and styles. For exampe, someone who skips AF1 can go into HoP1, run the 4-mans and a perhaps an 8-man or 2 and have better gear in 1 day than someone who grinded AF1 and will see 0 benefits from doing so.

While I understand the reason they're doing it and I agree with the overall thinking behind it, I feel like there should have been a WIP thread about this, I'm sure as a community we could have come up with some middle ground.

What Sore suggests is a good middle ground imho.
    • Like x 16
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This change means there will be no small group content that supplies Mark of Power. Your only daily source for Marks of Power will be Intergang Crime Wave and Security Breach. Sure there are three 8 man instances to run, but those are weekly lockouts.

I was really hoping that Halls of Power I wouldn't be as much of a grind as Amazon Fury was. Amazon Fury's content became very repetitive because there wasn't any other sources of Mark of Fury. A couple of months of running the same content everyday became a very "bleh" experience. If Halls of Power and Amazon Fury had shared Marks, you'd have lots of choices for how you wanted to grind your gear.

I'm getting the impression this was a very late call in the design process.

If you're "done" with a DLC, there isn't going to be as much incentive to go back and play content from it. Maybe just to help out leaguemates that want to run it and the occasional prestige boost.
    • Like x 25
  5. Heartsbane Committed Player

Not necessarily. Once you've geared up with all of the best gear, you can go back and run old content and convert the marks to MoT or donate them to your league for Prestige. That is one way to keep AF content viable.
    • Like x 1
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I think the OP post is contradicting. They claim they don't wanna hurt small group/content players but if they implemented this plan, those players are basically told "this DLC/Tier is not for you....... "

I wouldn't mind if War of The Light Part 2 had a different mark, but limiting it to one mark per DLC, destroys the incentive for the small group DLC. The large group DLC will ALWAYS have better gear. So essentially, you are giving the "O.K." for people to skip the small group DLC because it will literally NEVER be relevant content. In a few months or so it will be useless. in fact it will be useless from the start considering the new system basically plan out what type of DLC is next.
    • Like x 24
  7. Ice Lantern New Player

I have no issues with the changes you guys are making even though it is clearly another change designed to sell replay badges. My main problem is not letting us know about this change sooner as it would have changed people's decisions as to how to spend their money. But I guess that was the point of not telling us sooner.

edit: As some people stated you guys are kinda screwing over solo players given that this DLC has no solo content and no duos. This doesn't affect me that much but the change really just seems like a cash grab for you guys.
    • Like x 5
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Users could replay AF1 content to get MoF's for the style vendor.
    • Like x 1
  9. kav Committed Player

On the one hand I understand the situation and decision making, on the other I feel a bit ripped off. While I may look like fool saying but in essence DLC 10 Amazon Fury was quite a waste for me then. The only reason I've seen apart from the short content provided, which again could be understood for other reasons, is that I thought "Well, it's a mile stone to the next DLC, so take the deed."

You should have made that clear way earlier and not over the night. That's why I think many, including me, are dissapointed how this turned out. You also have made no attempts to clear this up, because all was an indicator that the Mark will stay the same, including:
    • Low Cap of Marks even being possibly earned (100) — (MoR Cap was 250)
    • You asked Spytle in the Stream (HoP DLC Preview / Question by a Player at 26:50+) what Marks will be used - Answer: Mark of Fury
    • New Content Display was Mark of Fury
    • An earlier talk (way over a month ago) was a mish-mash of stating that marks will stay with one Tier exclusively (Tier 6.1, 6.2, ...)
    I call this fail advertisement and marketing strategy failure. Learn from it and be honest what you advertise. Whether or not I'll still continue playing, but I feel such rush decision making had to be highlighted.
    • Like x 24
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Honestly im burnt out on amazon fury. If i dont have to run, i probably wont. But that prestige
    • Like x 2
  11. Echephyle New Player

This. Please rethink this decision Mepps and Spytle. I really enjoyed playing the open world solos and duos to gear up. Mark separation will kill Amazon Fury, a dlc you worked very hard on and also one of my favourites.
    • Like x 10
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're saying there's a ton more content in tier 6 than in the past. It's a different ballgame.
    • Like x 2
  13. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

This is a big letdown I have been saving marks of fury on 3 toons just to buy my weapons when the new DLC drops.
  14. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

Im at max fury, so no reason to run af1 anymore
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Previews, early looks, and what's on PC Test is always subject to change. Always.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hero of Justice New Player

I can't say that I'm a fan of this without Sore's suggestion - in fact, without something like it I'm very much against it. Going through the large-scale DLC's marks seems like it would be a living nightmare for the small-scale people.

It also seems to me that it would make the small DLC's very skippable to the population at large. I loved a Sons of Trigon, for instance, but as far as progression went you could have just skipped it entirely in favor of Origin Crisis (I know OC was first, but going forward it's intended to be small to large). I would have done it anyways becasue I enjoyed it, but I see many people just skipping over an Amazon Fury 1 entirely in favor of just waiting for Halls of Power.
    • Like x 12
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, I want to thank everyone for the questions and constructive feedback. We will be reviewing everything!
    • Like x 11
  18. Little Sister New Player

I love it, and it's something I've wanted for a long time.

I just wish all past things weren't Triumph. I believe you should re-introduce the old Marks as well and add new unique ones for each past DLC. That way more people would run older content. Need the High Voltage gear set ? Oh then you will need to run the DLC 2 bounties and get Momentum Marks.
    • Like x 3
  19. Ice Lantern New Player

Honestly, I don't think this is a fail at all. I think they purposely kept us in the dark so that people would spend replay badges. After all, spending replays helps get prestige and save marks for the new DLC. I think they knew full well that announcing this change sooner was going to cut down on RB usage. Sometimes, it really feels like that it's devs vs players and that they simply don't respect us as consumers.
    • Like x 7
  20. Zim New Player

If every DLC going forward can have tons of content like this next one then I dont see any issues with this.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.