Fire Update!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

I agree with this guy give him a cookie and not some small one, a big one with a smile on it! ! a fire elemental as pet! but seriously lets talk bout Ice now thats really needs an update
  2. Buckley Loyal Player

I love WildFire, why would you want it removed? If target is on fire it heals and spreads to more targets. It also helps to maintain the burn on targets.
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It does laughable damage, laughable heals, and is redundent when we constantly set things on fire with our rotations. It was good when fire could stack health like cough rage cough though
    • Like x 1
  4. izdatSILLYPUTTY New Player

We can agree that earth uses shields and pets. Even if you choose not to use the pet. I don't use it either, I am dialing in my playstyle to shields and aftershocks. Fire still ONLY uses self-heals, and they need buffed. This brings up a good point also...If other tanking powers have modularity amongst mechanics and playstyles, why is fire left out of that club? I do not speak for ice, but rage and earth tanks have a variety of playstyles and rotations. I know because I play those too. Fire is all about how well you can self-heal and stay alive. There is little difference in loadouts in the fire tank builds I have seen. Perhaps some revamping is a good idea. That is the first time I have ever said that...I feel a little ashamed saying it too.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Fire not only uses the self healing.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah, you're health buffs up with fire too right?
    Im a bit rusty with fire so refresh my memory.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...for some people still is a hard raid. Even more if they are not overgeared.
    Besides, he had a point. Back when the raid was released, it was really hard and unforgiven for fire tanks. Specially when the healer was put in jail while Pillar tanking the Ravager or the Oppresor.
    Now that it was nerfed to the ground and that we´re over geared...sure, for us might be easy.

I tested this yesterday on differents ocasions and it was working fine. Except when i was lagging.

Whats that supose to mean?

Exactly.
    Fire´s main mechanic is the 60% health buff (some people just dont understand this). Self healings are secondary.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ok. Thanks for the refresher.
    I may just dust off my fire tank...

Oh, btw, I have never done dox all the way through.
    Nor the oddy feat. *sigh*.
    Guess im one of the bottom Tier players lol
  9. izdatSILLYPUTTY New Player

Not it isn't understood, taken for granted is more like it.
  10. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

First of all, your grammar stinks. Second of all, "real" powers? I won't even comment on that as it is completely a matter of personal opinion. Fire is the realest of them all to me, Legacy power, relient on HEALTH to tank, not any other crazy out of this world mechanic like "absorption" for example.
    Earth is good if played right. All powers are, IF PLAYED RIGHT. You don't need your health buffed, mr. "real rower"?, Well go hold hands with your pet and sit in that shield while I take in MORE damage than you and skillfully heal it ALL BACK UP, while EVERY SINGLE ADD IN THE ROOM is in a tight cluster around me for my DPS's to annihilate, While I block with skill to avoid spikes in health and do so in a manner that allows me to avoid being countered, I will look at you. Adds scattered everywhere and where are you to be seen. Oh yeah, sitting in that SHIELD, mr. "DLC POWER".

And just to clear things up, my FIRE was an alt who turned main. SORCERY was my first PS toon, wayyy before the update. My Quantum is just there.. didn't even need to add him in, but hey, Tunneling.THEY'RE (hence, spelling) just alts anyway. Your lack of info on saying I made bandriding characters stinks too.
  11. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I do not believe Aggro is Dom related at all..if I'm not mistaken. Dom is just for CC and part of formulas for shields and self-heals. Once in Tank role, your character will always pull larger agro than other roles no matter what your Dom stat is to my understanding. I could be wrong though, you may want a second opinion lol :p
  12. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I respect anyone who puts on Fire Tanking shoes and BEASTS with it. It really is the only power that requires a "special" or "unique" player-type, those that NEVER give up without a fight, even when all hope "seems" lost (ie: being countered while being wailed on by 10,000,000 adds. Being the last one alive mid-way through, say, an EO run?..then yeah..wiping is understood lol). Of all tanks, I can really say this wiith absolute confidence. (Real) Fire tanks are the toughest tanks in the DCU! Hands down, because of our innate NEVER SAY DIE mentality and focused, edge-of-our-seat gameplay-style!
  13. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

It used to be pretty OP, which is why it got the nerf hammer. Try on Fire now, Earth boy. Let's see you get one-shotted :D

Earth? (Dare, I? YES) EAT MY DUST; aka YOUR (hence, spelling) BURNT REMAINS

:-D
  14. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

No. This thread is Fire Update, not Ice Update. Leave if you have nothing constructive, supportive, or entertaining to add to the FIRE powerset. A fire elemental would be pretty fun (to some, or in certain instances) but Fire would most benefit from a few tweaks to the power tree's, and tweaks to improve self-heals and maybe a slight Health buff. Instead of a 60% buff when a power is activated, a 75-80% seems more reasonable to me, considering how well all the other tanking powersets work. I played Ice for a couple weeks..got bored, never looked back. Besides, Ice is receiving an update later this year too. Make a thread at that time! I'll comment! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Is it even possible to do SM as a fire tank without blocking most of the time?
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

First few rounds, yes. But you will be a burden to the healer(s) and its not very advisable to do it.
    But Further you go, more the blocking youll have to do.
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Yea, it could use a little more help in the taking side to be a bit more easier to tank. Not "just pop a shield and stand there" easy but "I don't want to be one shotted or stand there blocking like a idiot" tanking
  18. xDPSx New Player

All they need to do to fire is just make detonate an AOE and increase the DMG on it slightly. Fire is already the 2nd best power right now in DPS role. Sorc is 3rd best power. I been fire for 3 years now and I out dps any sorc dps even the ones in my league.
  19. xDPSx New Player

Or just make overheat an AOE to hit everyone and then the dot, but i think that would be too OP. I would still think they should just make detonate just as strong as static push.
  20. xDPSx New Player

What makes me laugh so much is that static push actually does more dmg right now then mass det lmao its so sad fire really needs a buff asap
    • Like x 1