Been kicked by horrible Controllers all day

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliumtinox, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Heliumtinox New Player

Not going to lie, the ability to freely kick someone for no reason should never be given to a community. Ever. One day devs will learn and not give so much power to a community and expect them to use it maturely and properly.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta795 New Player

Sooooo why were the Controllers so horrible?
    • Like x 14
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

For what reason were you being kicked?
    • Like x 3
  4. Menelaos Dedicated Player

If you remove the ability to remove someone BY CONSENSUS by the MAJORITY of the group, you end up being stuck with horrible players. I have kicked and have been kicked. Many different reasons I suppose, but I like to have the option.
    • Like x 8
  5. Lights Derp Loyal Player

So why was the controller bad? How do you know the rest of the group didn't think you were bad? I mean they need need the majority vote yo kick you
    • Like x 3
  6. Novaks New Player

I would understand you 100% if one member could have the power to kick you without a vote. However, since there is actually a vote in place and the majority choose to kick, there is obviously a reason why that happened. I knowthere could be instances where you got kicked based on your personality and not the way you play but hey you will just have to suck it up and find another group. May I suggest you find a good league to run content with on a regular? Chances of this happening to you again will be very slim. Good luck.
    • Like x 5
  7. Red McCarthyism New Player

I can picture it now....

"Omg Troll power power do your job!"

*kick*

"Doh"
    • Like x 17
  8. Arcpope New Player

I fear when I see 2people of the same league in my pug .

I never kick,(only if they are being rude , racist etc on mic)
    Don't ever get kicked (not skill wise at least) but running an alert and the group wants to free up a dps spot for a league mate, they will kick.

Plus when that vote button comes up im always pressing it by accident .
    • Like x 10
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

If you've been getting kicked all day long it might be time to look into a mirror and not at these "horrible" controllers....
    • Like x 25
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

So let me try to understand your post and premise. You're complaining that you have been kicked all day by "horrible controllers"
    Hmmmm, so that would insinuate multiple groups with different controllers in those groups with the only constant is you being kicked.

I doesn't seem logical that the various "horrible controllers" are the issue for you being kicked, perhaps you may need to take some responsibility of you being kicked.
    • Like x 11
  11. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Actually I recall being in a pug with 2 people from the same league. One spent half the time complaining, about my trolling, he was rage and not using his weapons at all. His first complaint I ignored, his second complaint I told him to try using his weapons occasionally, his third complaint I voted to kick. His league mate agreed , and off he went. Mind you the other two didnt have power problems. I was astounded that his league mate freely gave him the boot.

Now Helium I have a question. If you take away the ability of a group to kick, what stops me from going into a TD, stay at the entrance till the final fight and get credit without doing 1 iota of damage?
    • Like x 9
  12. Arcpope New Player

Ouch lol

But that might fall under the accidental kick I was referring to.

Never liked the kick option. the only time I only ever wanted to use it, is in the duos.
    Nothing worse than being stuck with a bad or afk duo partner . Then having to take the stupid deserter for leaving.
  13. JonnyD New Player

Out of curiosity:
    • was the rage player the tank
    • and did have WM?
    • (assuming zero weapon hits and all combos probably means DPS and no WM, but just in case there were counters and that's exaggeration, I actually see tanks not user WM as often as others)
    I'm sure if the OP is being kicked all day he's being a bit vocal about his HIGH standards (lower them down bro). But, I will have to agree with the fact that I seen a major decline in quality from controllers ever since WM came out--even the ones I would praise to be excellent trolls are half essing, letting pot drop plenty (T6a being the biggest disappointment), and for so many threads arguing that they want time to actually "control" (CC), a huge lack of CC'ing. I get stupidly excited when I encounter a troll that actually CCs and keeps pot up, as though it's the miracle of the day... it shouldn't be that way :(but that's another story.

@OP, Tazz brings up a good point. If he decided to be stubborn and not co-operate, the only thing you would be left with is to do it without the controller and the people who agreed to kick you, and file a ticket for griefing (though in this case, I'm pretty sure you'd be the losing party). I used to be here when the kick feature didn't exist. It sure had its downsides, but overall PuGs actually tried to beat content with the originally formed group after 3+ wipes. The bigger complaint back then though wasn't so much jerks in instances but ninja-looting and being unable to kick "horrible players" or "ninja-looters" who didn't respect role-specific gear and needed on everything (another solution had to be made for that too later, as you can gather). Option to vote-kick is never leaving the game, so you just have to be a bit more sympathetic and social--that's one of the things about dealing with non-NPCs...don't curse the sky in front of them and yell like a german computer kid (pun intended) and expect them to behave the same scripted way always.

That's the one thing I would love for them to change: make the default NO instead of yes, so people will actually read if they want to kick someone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Humane Committed Player

Being kicked once I can understand, but being kicked from instances all day from multiple groups is clearly grounds to review your playstyle.
    When you call people horrible trollers, it might indicate you are using way too much power.
    • Like x 12
  15. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Why you people bother discuss anything in this thread when the OP is vague is beyond me...
    • Like x 2
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

Sometimes just because two people are in the same league it doesn't mean they know each other well or even like each other. It could be their first time running something and one realized the other one isn't that good.

I have seen two people from the same league run Nexus for the first time together. One of them leaves after one wipe due to a small split error. He asked to be excused and we granted it to him. Thinking maybe something important came up. The other guy bashes him in group chat saying why is he shouting to do Khandaq in league chat now.

As for the kicking rule, sometimes people will get when they don't deserve it. But a lot of the time there is a good reason.
    • Like x 1
  17. badname8 New Player

Like it or not there is ALWAYS a reason for being kicked. Instead of typing out a whole explanation of how this is possible I'll just quote one of my latest posts from a thread similar to this:
    You may not know the reason for your being kicked, it may have been to free up a spot, it may have been because you sucked...but the reasoning behind a kick is always justified, even when it's unintentional.

It has long been human practice, albeit not by every culture...but most, that when it comes to decisions regarding anything resembling "justice" those decisions are made by the majority. This usually puts the accused/punished in the minority.

Think of "justice" more like this-
    Justice - Just US, not you.
  18. Vodka Committed Player

I'm surprised they stuck around long enough to vote.

This past week of pugging for me has seen more impatient controllers (and literally, only the controllers) leave after a single failure either from the group, or on their part alone, than decide to see it through or give it a second chance. Hell, I had one earlier today that took one look at the group and bailed before it even started. Ended up three-manning it to Trigon very easily.

Thankfully I had a few that didn't have a power ring up their pooper.
  19. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Arcpope to be clear? no he meant to kick him for being a *******.

As for TP? with the current gear out there, any 4 bodies can finish TP. I'm sure it can be solo'd. Easily duo'd by the Tier 6's
    • Like x 1
  20. nogimmick New Player

you have no idea how many times i've been in pug groups with trollers that seem to have forgotten how to troll.

POT? no instant power dumps
    instant dumps? POT lapses
    POT AND INSTANT? no debuffs....on anything........ever.

you know what they're doing?
    ......i think you already know what they're doing. *SHIIING*

makes me want to put my tank on hold for a bit and work on my HL to be honest. remember the old tried-and-true "dual pisotls, hang in the back doing full auto to build power"? i'm that guy. i know what i'm in there to do and "damage" isn't it. whatever damage i do is meaningless to me compared to what the 2 DPS are doing, and they need all the power they can get to do it.

how is this soooo hard to understand for some people?
    yer killin' me....
    • Like x 1