Okay... i'm having serious trouble with counter mechanics in pve as rage tank

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

If i got countered in the wrong time i got crash to the hell!!

and the bosses hitting me for 2k while blocking is stupid!

What do i do? If i block i got BBed, if I stay up they hit me for 3k - 5k

Rage tank have so much trouble in pve (at least me)

sometimes I do my job right, but sometimes the machine own me.

come on.. It time to remove counter mechanics from pve... or help rage tank in pve a lil more...

if you want to add counter mechanics in pve, please tweak adds damage then...
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Use your two cleanses. Also gain health by spamming powers and also use a crash damage mitigation power.

Also, GU38 will remove hard stuns, so you can breakout with power from counters in PvE.
    • Like x 4
  3. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Ehh sometimes when npcs are blocking and I'm performing BB they don't get blocked breaked and once that happens that very npc counters me -_- it's very annoying but it's not really as issue (as of yet) I usually spam Ragebringer and remorseless recovery with WM combos to keep my health up.
  4. Alexonic Committed Player

for now, use this loadout:

[IMG]

having two breakout-powers is very useful in pve...also you need a power that absorbs rage crash (remorseless recovery is the best...in addition to heal, it also makes you take aggro of close enemies)

my friend uses two powers to remove rage crash but it's useless, i don't recommend this..

so, use the loadout in the pic, is very effective
    • Like x 3
  5. KidMidnight Loyal Player

its worse if theres any kind of lag. lately i've been getting knocked down after the ads are dead.

i don't like the counter mechanics the way they're set up but i've learned to live with them. try doing the exact opposite of what you think you should be doing and see if that works.

i think they need to fix blocking. the way the counters are set up it does little good. you should be able to block just by hitting your r2 no matter what else youre doing. it should cancel your action and let you block.
  6. Clip New Player

The breakout trinket can be a option aswell in case mana is low(but then you're in trouble anyway as rage tank ^^)
  7. Ice Clown New Player

I dont know about you, but I suggest taking Alexonic loadouts if its hard for u to rage tank.
    Coyp his loadout and u should have no problem being a beast rage tank.
  8. Octantis New Player

Don't block until you see the boss begin an Interrupt (though watch for feints). If you just hold block, release to cast a power, then turtle again, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a Block Break almost 100% of the time.

Again, don't just block. Stand idle and watch the Bosses movements so you can be ready with a counter.
    • Like x 3
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

this is my old loadout..

this loadout don't give you much health tho...
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Keep your health buffed. The idea behind the health boost mechanic is to allow you to get it to a level so if you do happen to get knocked down or otherwise cant perform your rage crash canceler, you can still survive the crash (I think thats the idea anyway)

Keep using your powers and keep going for immunities when you can. Rage tanking is far more active then the others.
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

the problem is.

Raids with more than one boss hitting you for 3-5k makes it impossible to "tank" rage crash even with rage cash reduction skills...

if you survive the crash, then you will have only a few "fuel" to take 2 hits at max unless your healer is very active and keep healing like a boss..
  12. Alexonic Committed Player

loadout doesn't affect health...
    when you cast a power, this power will increase your health by 12 seconds...the health addidition is based on dom/enemies...

i want to explain the rage health bonus more clear:

example: your base health is 1000

at 12:00:00 you cast power X ---> you get 50hp (this is just an example) ---> now your health is 1050
    at 12:00:06 you cast power Y ---> you get 50hp ---> now your health is 1100
    at 12:00:12 the power X bonus ends, now your health is 1050
    at 12:00:18 the power Y bonus ends, now your health is 1000

the only power that increases your health more than others, is severe punishment
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I know it, thats why i said this loadout don't give much health.

2 powers in the loadout will be only used to breakout Ire and ferocity.

so i'll have only ragebringer/serveral/recovery to boost my health and chains will boost only when I use it to cancel rage crash...
  14. Zeikial Committed Player

Well I can say from experience that you do not need to spam powers, that is some bad advice for anything related to this game. Secondly rage tanking is a different beast, you can actually heal your self according to the amount of damage you do, so standing there a just blocking will not help you in the least. Clipping RR with your rage move, and then at the right moment canceling your rage crash is key. Alex has a good loadout, I don't use to breakout moves I find I don't need them, so I use 2 pulls with trash mobs and blood lust on bosses. And don't spam your powers that's just bad tanking, I have tanked t6 with no controller and I still have 2 pieces of exalted gear on my rage toon.
  15. Alexonic Committed Player

i use ire or ferocity before the end of rage crash even if i'm not stunned...the cooldown it's perfect...you have always one of them available while rage crashing...

not rage-crashing is more important than bursting your health...
    anyway i'm not a power spammer, but if you really want to burst your health, you can use ragebringer...

anyway i'm not finding problem of health with that loadout, i run without healer the t6 alert and always pull all the adds at once to make it faster, and with two breakout powers i never rage-crash...just saying...
    • Like x 2
  16. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Alerts vs Raids have a big diference...
  17. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Just an FYI you could spec into all iconic powers & movement type powers & they will still buff your health like any rage power.
  18. Alexonic Committed Player

nah...at least not in tank stance...at least not to me
  19. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

really?!
  20. chubbychase New Player

My guess is you use outrage to cancel crash and you got in a habit of combo'ing it? Don't.
    My guess is you use outrage to cancel crash and you got in a habit of combo'ing it? Don't. The first hit doesn't not make you vulnerable to block, so before following up with the combo portion of outrage, make sure to observe your opponent.
    I know that it is great to have all that room from outrage to its hold to avoid crashing, but try to keep your "cancel-crash" window tight.

Other things that can help you:
    • Keep a dampener running in case of accidents (I use Galling Eruption), since it decreases damage intake from the crash (50% iirc)
    • Use your breakout trinket or Ire before performing outrage (about 6 o' clock), as it will grant you immunity preventing you from being controlled/juggled
    • If you are already being juggled and can't do much about it (the "O sh**" state), there is always Vindictive, which is usable while controlled (and by the time you need it, you should have enough SC to use it)
    The above helped me quite a bit, so I hope it helps you too. There are excellent guides in Oracle database that goes into further details, but the above should be a great started to a safer rage-play ^^

Finally, if you are having problems handling more adds that you personally can chew, that's what gives the controller some purpose. If you don't have one in your party (alert), there's an excellent reason to have them. Obviously, you'd have one in a raid, unless you're Alex :p (love your troll power solos, btw)

PS: I only run with one dampener and one rage-crash canceling power, and the SC, but so far so good for me