Call off the precision buff nerf!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Techvolt, Jun 7, 2014.

1. ToySoldier13 New Player

Really? What was the precision increase from Scion to whatever T6 is called? Yup, darn near nothing.
  2. sterl320 New Player

Celestial is gonna get hit pretty hard with this one -____-
    • Like x 2
  3. Fel1x90 New Player

The devs have a history of making illogical decisions, so this doesn't surprise me.
    • Like x 4
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This man speaks the truth! The problem is the massive damage WM combos do not a buff or any other thing people will come up with. Why are people so blind to what the real problems are?? Seriously whats wrong with most of you, do you people even play the same game?
    • Like x 1
  5. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

Exactly, so a lot of people would be gaining about 1000 precision, maybe 1500 for dps's (Numbers may be a little off here). That would be an extra 150 damage per hit. So for dps's the bonus damage over a minute would be 9000. Which is dealt in two full combos without the buff. It doesn't sound that powerful to me, especially with the massive amounts of health the bosses are going to have from now on.

For support roles, for example, take my healer. It has 1037 precision, with 1503 with the buff. I'm going to spend a lot of time using heals, shields and blocking, cutting out an extra 1500 of that 6000 damage. An extra 4500 damage per minute, which is equal to one weapon mastery combo doesn't seem overpowered at all.

The problem here isn't the buffs, it's both weapon mastery's insanely high damage ratio compared to Might, and Might's uselessness in the later levels. What they need to do is increase the might ratio's to make the powers worth using. (And maybe adding some more defense to the adds/bosses to make penetrating strikes useful, but that's not really relevant).
  6. Echephyle New Player

It's stupid because a rage's precision buff helps the might based dps also. Their score should be the same
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

What if there were no powerchange tokens. OMG :eek:
  8. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Nerf, NErf, NERf, NERF EVERYTHING!!! Why stop here with the precision buff? Why not nerf the debuffs of the Trolls and Healers? Let's Nerf the Tanks Defense!!!! There's too much Resto for the Healers, Nerf that thing! With WM why have so much vitalization? Nerf it also!!

Isn't it better to revamp everything else?

If Might Based Powers were more effective in their Damage/Power Input Ratio, the calls for nerf weren't that much. Before WM, the call was that everything was too power consuming and the DPSs empty their power bars in a matter of seconds. When the Precision based powers arrived, they were hitting more with their weapon and their combos let them do a lot of damage without the huge power consumption that was affecting the other powers. Everyone was calling for a nerf for them and a revamp for the Might based powers. Just decrease the power cost and increase the damage a little and everything was about to pretty close to balance. But we got WM and it makes all power sets meaningless in terms for their contribution in their own damage out since it was substituted by the WM Combos. Therefore, those power sets that are Precision Based got an additional boost since they now have their own Combo Mechanism and WM.

So if they are going to Nerf the Precision Buffs, then at least revise the Might attacks that HL, Celestial and Rage has since it will make thier powers meaningless and below everyone else. I like the idea of buffing everyone instead of Nerfing. Everytime something gets nerf, it gets damaged and is not repaired until almost a year later.

Just my 2 cents.
  9. Echephyle New Player

But when running alongside someone with a precision buff, other dps powers also benefit, now more than ever thanks to wm. I don't see the imbalance tbh because my sorcery and gadgets dps are mainly precision specced now and they both benefit from running with a rage bloodlust for example. The damage in the instance should be about the same if you're side by side. The only issue is if you're running against dps with the buff on the opposite side in pvp, but more tuan likely, you will have a friendly dps with a precision buff also
  10. Green Lantern New Player

I really wish they'd stop constantly screwing with everything. The game is how many years old and they still don't know how they want combat to operate?
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Feels like we're still in beta phase.
    • Like x 2
  12. fyshinatux New Player

I'll leave two words that people calling for nerfs may know about that you apparently do not...

Power... Creep...
  13. fyshinatux New Player

Weapon mastery IS what the problem is, no doubt. The issue is that the Devs want to preserve WM how it is for when ALL the powers have the "awesome mechanics". Which means they're going to "nerf" WM indirectly via the Precision buffs. I do agree that the Precision Buffs were a BIT much (giving you half your Precision on top of what you already have... isn't OP how? o_O), but they aren't the problem that will fix the issue if nerfed.
  14. Alexonic Committed Player

the unbalance is not about power vs power...is about group vs group...a group with a rage/nature/celestial will do more damage than a group without them...i'm talking about stats and numbers...

now that most of dpses has 2k of precision, if you run with a rage/nature/celestial...the dpses will get 900 of precision thanks to the buff...so the dps of your group will increase their prec from 2000 to 2900...and this makes too difference, is like wearing T10...

so, a low cr rage/nature/celestial dps is better than a top cr fire, ice etc. cause they can make themselves and the group stronger...i hate this
  15. Echephyle New Player

The the nerf is once again pvp based. Damn pvp complainers. They ruin everything. Almost every nerf is because of pvp.
  16. Alexonic Committed Player

especially for pve, i hate that a group should do more damage thanks to rage/nature/celestial buffs
  17. MARK2099 New Player

Get informed before claim something plz, if you didn't knew those buff are capped for pvp to 15% iirc, this is mostly a pve change since some powersets can stack buffs plus trinkets and consumables on top of that wm doing a lot of damage.
  18. Zpred Dedicated Player

How dare we do alot of damage at this stage of the game, let's get rid of gear progression and stats, let me guess when tier 15 comes and I 1 shot zod in fos3, I guess il have to be nerfed because my team mate didn't like it because it affected him in no way because it's PVE.. Lool

Yes this was an idiotic post because you can't take the community serious anymore.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lightws Dedicated Player

I've been saying this all over the forums and people still don't understand the dots are not good so those specfic people just are not good. Good dps will kill over your dots rendering them useless most likely before you even get to spread.
  20. Lightws Dedicated Player

Yeah if we all think about it even with the 15% precision nerf WM is still going to be ********. Without carnage I hit 10k so lets just admit WM is OP however. If you nerf one do not nerf the other because it will then make it impossible to kill anything or we will have to go back to speed meaning more power usage so just pick one.