Call off the precision buff nerf!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Techvolt, Jun 7, 2014.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol I've played with you before along with rock hardington and we both beat you in wave. You are defiantly a good player just electricity was not that beast then. I don't want to turn this into a who's ...is bigger thing but most of the people you prob beat were just good players at best. No matter who uses electricity it was just not as good as some other powers.
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

lol, you have never ran with me in wave even during T5 time period. You have never encounter me at all. I know Rock he was CL, you only proven the CL's T5 period point.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I specifically remember running with you cause i was like wow that guy is real good with electricity. And i came in first place even beating Rock, Celestial was good but not the end all be all power some believe it to be.
  4. ForumJunky New Player

like i said you have to be bad, yes i run 5v5 8v8 with the best pvp league on the server and well if your good player you wont get hit, congrats top dps and kills did you get a trophie for it?
  5. ForumJunky New Player

see you think its easy, if you know all the WM think me then its easy to see it coming haha
  6. Blade Damone New Player

They giving out trophies now? Where?

Does it come with feats too?
  7. Blade Damone New Player

Have you ever heard of 50/50s or baits? You can't see it coming if your being baited. One wrong guess and you're dead in pvp. Matches have gotten way too random
  8. Ice Lantern New Player

This is a nice touch, definitely makes it more likely he'll remember it.
    • Like x 2
  9. ForumJunky New Player

LMAO one wrong move? i would rather get block broken then get hit by a WM haha your funny :p
  10. Blade Damone New Player

What?
  11. ToySoldier13 New Player

Agree with everything you said; just want to expand on this part - the key. This isn't a balance move. These are GROUP buffs that everyone benefits from. When the Rage guy you are competing with on the scoreboard pops his BL YOU get the exact same benefit that he does (potentially more depending on your stats). Not only are you on equal playing ground statistically, but you've now edged ahead in time and power use. That's why you never saw a single thread asking to nerf these.

I see a lot of "these buffs are why Rage and Celes were overpowered" comments in these last couple threads. Really? How was Earth? How was Precision Nature? It is clearly not that move that made them OP.

So what is the reason? Artificial difficulty boost for the idiots that want a "challenge"? Devs backwards thinking of de-powering WM (hint: this won't change the current status quo of WM>>>>>>>everything else)? Or the standard sadist DCUO developer "you pay your money and you take your chances" way of annoying us?
    • Like x 4
  12. Zpred Dedicated Player

Couldn't of said it better my self :)
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I honestly remember it cause hes only 1 out of 2 people that i've ever seen work electricity that well.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Powers like Cele, rage, nature won't really see the damage lost with the prec buff, because it was AOE, but earth will see the reduction. If the prec buff was so op, why wasn't earth considered a top dps? Before update 38, if 3 average dps did a raid; Earth Sorcery Ice who would win? Not the earth, but earth would be the only power who had a constant 45% prec buff active, so please someone explain how the buff was so op, but yet a power that could constantly keep the buff up was considered a bottom power in terms of dps?
  15. winter13 New Player

Making you the only uber powerful one doesn't solve the problem. The buff is waaay to high as it is now
  16. MARK2099 New Player

I'm ok with the reduction in %, i mean 45% is way too much, with more and more gear progression at 15% is gonna be still effective.
  17. Kirney Slane New Player

1000 prec would basically give you 100 dps more in theory. So in one minute of solid attacking you should end up with 6000 more damage. However, it is probably much more than that with wm or with prec based powers.
  18. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Precision Buffs aren't overpowered...WEAPON MASTERY ITSELF IS OVERPOWERED AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT...why aren't you nerfing WM when it's the one who's really overpowered...
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Phantom New Player

Increase precision by 30% sounds better. :)
  20. Mister Brees New Player

Can't speak for the others but celestial will most definitely take a hit. The combos don't keep up with wm and even if they did, you get knocked out of them way easier than the wm combos.