TAKE IT OUT! TAKE IT OUT! TAKE IT OUT!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, May 19, 2014.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

We've had a lot of upgrades and additions to the game over the course of its life that have made playing and completing content different from the time the content was released. From the most recent, weapon mastery, to some of the more dated upgrades such as lock boxes and utility belts. All of them have changed the game in some manner, from altered game play to increasing survivability.

If you had to pick and choose to remove something from the game, if you wish something had never been implemented... Here is your chance! Sound off on what you wish would be TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. Give your reasons for such, after all an example of what you see that you don't like as a result of the upgrade.

The removed item can be anything. From Home Turf, to PVP.

I cant wait to see what each of you think we would be better off, without.
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Immunities and breakouts. I wish breakouts were like they were back in the day.
    • Like x 21
  3. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

The animation 'upgrades' that force you to see the animations for powers your teammates are using while blocking your view of what you are actually fighting.
    • Like x 6
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Home Turf from PvP.

That's part of the reason why I only do legends now.
    • Like x 10
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is why I'm a huge fan of the mental power set. It looks nice and clean.
    • Like x 1
  6. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Consumables like throwing stars & doom seeds etc etc that are drops. Next in line is the garbage drops we get which flood our inventory...upon collection these items should auto turn into cash.

EDIT - Enchanted Beast horns...WTH are we even rolling on these.
    • Like x 26
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Have you tried the outline view?
    • Like x 1
  8. DC-Doll New Player

Personally, I like everything in DCUO. I wouldn't say no to a Prime helm dropping every prime run but apart from that kind of stuff, I think the devs are doing a terrific job and I wouldn't change a thing.
    • Like x 1
  9. RapidRay Committed Player

Rare style vendors.

Having to use hundreds of the top marks in the game to get styles from lower level content WITHOUT increasing the drop rates of that content is a waste of resources for the yield.
    • Like x 7
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

1)home turf mods in PVP not needed and are game breaking. they allow a exploit of a ruled system by allowing people to break the rules with a mod...

2) replays ruins the aspect of a MMO that is designed to keep players playing.. the grind it allows players to continuously run the newest content to get geared too quickly and causes the game to get boring once completed. players feel like there is nothing new to work towards so they leave or take breaks. it was better when raids were weekly and you truly felt accomplished when you finished a set of gear unstead of having it all the day its released.

3) changing Ring war and Diamond war to a daily event instead of being able to run it more than once a day. the day after this had single handedly killed these events from having people actually play them.

lag timing added to combat mechanics so that you can block then go into a combo then half way into the combo getting block broke from your block several moves before. seems dumb to me but hey maybe its just me.
    • Like x 4
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

BASE ITEMS FROM LOCKBOXES AND ENDGAME CONTENT!!!!
    • Like x 18
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it gives people who are maxed out as the DLC wears on the ability to spend their marks on something and keeps the styles that are rare to stay rare
    • Like x 7
  13. DC-Doll New Player

I see your point, but at the same time there are only so many times you can 1 shot things in alerts for lowbies for a style piece before it becomes a bore
    • Like x 3
  14. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Bases......just to stop us from receiving base items. That or pvp mechanics or whatever it is in pve.
    • Like x 5
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

exobits and stat mods.

Huge ridiculous waste of time. Nothing but a farm-it, grind-it, time-sink. Content is balance for our stats anyway so they give us a bit of stats in the form of mods and give the bosses a bit more pre and health. It all works out to a net wash; a net wash that we have to spends tons of hours of play-time chasing. Soooo ... stupid.
    • Like x 5
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

No role buffs

They were intended to help when you can't find a role
    Now, people are intentionally excluding roles, and shouldn't be rewarded for it.
    Then, choosing to run without a role would also be more challenging, and people on the forums keep saying they want a challenge...
    • Like x 19
  17. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I'll give it a try but I don't see how outlining things lets me see the tells behind the obscuring animation.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zpred Dedicated Player

I'm not speaking for everyone here, this is just my personal preference, and this has nothing it do with me being a good or bad player, I can PVP and PVE, again personal preference.

PVP mechanics... Sorry... Combat mechanics, remove them from PVE period, they are not a challenge, they don't add anything new or unique apart from annoyance, or..... At the very least fix them in PVE.

The new speed we have for powers, although wm is great n all, I prefered the fast paced clipping/power speed.

Warp timers, they all need to be 0 to maybe 2 mins at push.

Home turf mods/trinkets etc... Imo have no place being in PVP what so ever.

Breakout/immunitys,(maybe part of combat mechanics above) Either fix so I don't have to breakout 3 times in a row or can't break out at all or just plane get rid of it and try something else.

Get rid of cut scenes/animations, meaning if I have done an instance a god zillion times I don't wanna sit there and listen to them over n over again lol.
    • Like x 5
  19. Larfleeze New Player

The role buffs are so minuscule (except maybe the healing one) that they don't matter anyway. You really don't get that much more defense/hp from the Tank buff, and you only get power back from the troller buff when you're out of combat anyway. The healer buff lets you get back up to 35%, 5% at a time, while holding block if you're low, but even that is outclassed by supply trinket/soda.
    • Like x 6
  20. Mantoe Well-Known Player

Take out all the nerfs that were done to every power and lets see which power ends up on top. FIRE FTW!;)
    • Like x 4