So what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So I got out of a legends match a few minutes ago. At the end of the match I bowed and told the person good game like I almost always do. And it was a good fight. We were a couple hundred points away on the batcave.

I was then told "You were ressing me loser" along with several other insults. Anyone have a clue what "ressing" means? Apparently variations of the word include but are not limited to ress and ressed. At the end of it I apologized for any misinterpretations what may have arisen for me saying "good fight :)" and bowing but am still left clueless as to what that means.

Not sure if it has anything to due with me giving the person a respawn penalty. I mean it is a node map. What do you expect?

EDIT: Just for the record I had won too so for all I know it was someone being a sore loser.
  2. Eminence Dedicated Player

Were you putting him down after killing him?
    Rez or ressing is to raise people, but I am not sure what he meant neither lol.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Nope, not at all. I never make gestures in the middle of a fight. The only one I ever do is bow, wave, or salute at the end of a match. In this case I bowed.

EDIT: Though every time my opponent took me down they made a rude gesture. She didn't do that up until after I got my first KO on her though.
  4. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Sore loser!

That's all...

IA ARMY
    • Like x 4
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

I think he means, were you 'using' her, causing her to fall over 'dead' after you KO'd her. I've had people scream at me about that in 1vs1. I don't know why they get so upset about it. It's the same action as resurrecting a teammate so I'd guess that's what she meant.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, I fought her a few more times and that seemed to be what happened. I seriously don't know why people blow up over that though. It's not like they can't do it either.
  7. Brice Allen Loyal Player

It is a USPC thing only. The PS3 and EU side of the game do it all the time but on the USPC we (Veteran PVP'rs) established it a long time ago to be rude to do so. I have no idea where it started but if you fight any player in PVP that has been around for a while they might be offended by the gesture. It's why me, Slob, Buzz, and JT didn't tie down our opponents at SOE Live last year. We talked about it prior to the tourney and agreed not to do it. Didn't stop others from doing it to us which is fine. But yeah it's just an old school USPC thing where most Vets won't do it unless they are purposely trying to pretty much go "screw you" or the opponent did it to them first. Then it is fair game. I almost never tie someone down unless they annoy me with cheesy tactics or they tied me down first.
    • Like x 8
  8. John New Player

everyone knows what ressing is if you dont you are not a real pvper
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

You mean I'm not a 'real' pvper? :( Oh. :( That breaks my heart. :( My dreams are shattered, my hopes are crushed. :(
    • Like x 5
  10. John New Player

lol once you figure out ressing,use ressing on some one and complain about it you a real pvper
  11. TheRealDeathern New Player

Enlighten us with your wisdom. I've never heard the term either and most in the post havent either...
    • Like x 5
  12. John New Player

ok ok ok gather around kids and be amazed
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

crickets. wonderful.
    • Like x 2
  14. John New Player

wait I didn't start yet
    • Like x 1
  15. John New Player

Ressing indirect verb: fighting someone and knowing your gear is over powered or your using a overpowered power [IMG]
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

So couldnt those individuals simply refuse to fight? Stand away from the node? Fly away from confrontation? I've seen all of these done when I pvp...
  17. John New Player

Yea but they dont not everyone is a punk
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I was using Bane and my opponent was using Catwoman. The two are on just about the same level.
    • Like x 4
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

"Yea but they dont not..." Yea but they do not not... So they do! HA! :p
    • Like x 2
  20. John New Player

Lmao I wrote that I should pay attention to what I write more often.
    • Like x 1