New changes to WM skill points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aqua Surge, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This wasn't mentioned in the patch note:

• Like x 4
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wow that just put a dent in my idea about WM. But it makes sense though, cant really master a weapon without knowing every attack the weapon has.
    • Like x 5
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Exactly, Funny thing is all weapons have 8 you need to fill out to master it, but the DWs and Staff are both 7 instead. And the shortest one to master is the 2 handed which is 6
    • Like x 2
  4. Aces Up Well-Known Player

This just keeps getting worse and worse...
    • Like x 8
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I wouldn't mind as much if we had something consistently adequate to work on gaining skill points. Instead we're looking at...15 skill points a year if we're lucky? 3 DLCs and a smattering from PVP season and seasonal. It's going to be a snail's crawl.
    • Like x 3
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This is complete and total BS here!!! Not only do I have to spend 20 freakin’ SPs to unlock WM but I have to get weapon attacks that I don’t want to use!!!

Man, people were ticked off about WM off jump then when it starts to grow on you, they keep on adding unwanted conditions to it.

This is definitely one change that needs to go back to wherever it came from ASAP!!!

IF I HAVE TO GET ALL THE WEAPON ATTACKS... GET RID OF THE 20 SP REQUIREMENT!!!
    • Like x 9
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

exactly. Again didnt we hear the devs say this whole thing would make your sp more important? Well at 1rst i had 2 put sp in2 innates i didnt want/need 2 get to 20 to unlock wm. Now i have 2 put sp in2 combos i dont/want need 2 unlock wm. Seriously devs WTH r u thinking?!? All the decision u guys keep making 2 change WM is literally making me want 2 usnsub. I said ok ill wait this out and see hwo it is. Since the livestream and then when it hit test u have changed it and changed it. And 4real every 1 of those changes that has been made 2 WM and powers has pushed me closer and closer 2 unsubbing from your game. PLEASE get me a green name 2 explain 2 me y if i choose 2 say use rifle as a weapon that i now need the mortar attack? I was HL dps 4 a year and never ever used that attack. This is just an example. But y on earth do i need 2 put a sp in2 an attack i might never use or dont want 2 use? I say again PLEASE explain this 2 me.
    • Like x 5
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

This too. How many sp can we currently get? 184? Nowhere near enough 4 all of this and they say future dlcs, well how many sp in the new dlc10? 4.15, thats how many. No wonder i posted in the WM testing thread about spending 20sp in the ma tree and not being able 2 unlock the mastery there. I hadnt gotten all the ma combos. This is just RIDICULOUS. We will b at dlc20 b4 we even get close 2 enough sp 2 get all this stuff. Crazy i say, just crazy.
    • Like x 3
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I too was starting to come around on WM but this right here is just plain stupid.

Part of me still wants to believe that there are still some changes that will make WM’s SP cost not so high but I’ve lost about all faith and my enthusiasm for playing this game isn't what it used to be.
    • Like x 4
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

And that means those trees have an advantage over the others as it takes less for the sp in2 combo part but still the same # of 20 to unlock the mastery. I guess my definition of balance is very very different then the people who run this game :p
    • Like x 4
  12. Bobburt Committed Player

I was under the impression more people knew about this. Sure seemed like it from seeing all the different people "testing" o_O
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Then the devs need to decide, either WM is about mastering the weapon or requires 20 SPs to unlock because having to do both just isn’t gonna cut it.
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This is new. Before you could get up to 20 SPs by spending points on innates. While people weren’t too happy with spending them on innates they usually wouldn’t, at least those innates added to their characters stats.

Now you have to spend points on attacks that are ineffective and impractical in a lot of the content while you’re still required to spend 20 SPs just to unlock WM.
    • Like x 2
  15. Darth Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure that Spytle mentioned this in the Weapon Mastery Work in Progress Livestream. This isn't surprising at all and it makes sense.
    • Like x 4
  16. Black Star New Player

OP your video was not 100% right. If you notice the Weapon Mastery icon has in the description the required skills. It is not every skill in the tree just whatever is in that requirement.

For 1 Handed it's:
    20 Skill points in the tree and also all of the following included:
    Air Launch
    Spin Chop
    Flip Slash
    Focus Blast

NOT, I repeat, NOT the whole tree.
    • Like x 11
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

[IMG]
  18. Larfleeze New Player

This. Just logged on the test server to check it out and all you need are the ones that go into other Weapon Mastery skills. It tells you which ones you need within those 20 points, and you don't need any others.

People need to not overract to every little change, and actually look to see if it's right as opposed to just taking someones word for it.

That being said, how did the OP quick accept his skill point choices?
    • Like x 9
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I see so he didn't get the flip slash which is the 5th move.
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hmm hopefully they won't make it every combo that needs to be unlocked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.